Closed Thread
Page 78 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity888 View Post
    @greenlady wow 17 eggs. Have you been taking lots of supplements to help with egg quality? I know until this thread i wasn't taking nearly all the right stuff but these ladies have been fabulous and i now rattle when i walk so im hoping for my bfp this time. I go for epu on 23rd of oct but if i get 3-5eggs ill be jumping over the moon. I cant do pgd either due to low number of eggs. but ive done absolutely everything else i can do.
    @infinity888 - I got lots of eggs because I have a good AMH for my age - but based on my first cycle the quality is terrible. I take elevit, extra vitamin b6 ( to help with keeping my cycles normal length between IVF cycles), extra vit d as I was low on that in blood tests, extra iron as I was low on that in blood tests and COQ10 ( ubiquinol or whatever it's real name is).

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-10-2015),Blossom74  (15-10-2015),winsor  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Yep...that's a good point Luv!! Hopefully the Menopur will help a bit with egg quality for you Have you thought about giving HGH a whirl to see if that would help with quality also??
    @BlondeinBrisvegas what is HGH?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Green lady Oh, sorry Luv...Human Growth Hormone (Saizen)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=winsor;8314211] Green lady I hope the untested one is a good one for you. it's just so hard to know. for the day3 ones that drop off, I guess I just think of it as if they drop off in the lab they wouldn't have made it any further in me either since at that stage they're still dividing within the cell (they haven't hatched or are trying to implant at that stage) and I think they try make the environment/liquids as close to possible as current tech allows - most of the action is happening inside the cell's environment, so it's all enclosed. I hope one day we (doctors/scientists) might find out more about how it all works (I'm sure it'll be way past my useful date though). but I read a study the other night that some 'errors' can be/are corrected by the embryo around day3 if they are possible to be fixed, so I guess it's the more drastic/uncorrectable problems that cause them to drop off between day3-5, and they wouldn't have gone on to be take home babies, so in one way (although it's obviously hard to hear at the time) it's better to know at this stage than later.

Early embryos can correct genetic abnormalities during development, researchers find http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0705071546.htm
    "Researchers have found the first direct evidence that early embryos with genetic abnormalities can correct their faults as they develop, marginalizing cells with an incorrect number of chromosomes, while allowing the growth of normal cells."

I hope you have good luck on your next cycle. [/QUOTE
    @winsor yes I agree with what you say which is why on balance I will continue to do PGD cycles at this stage. I have read things about the "self correcting" as well. I guess the older the eggs are the less likely they will have the energy to do it. Old eggs are up against it on both the chromosomal front and mitochondrial front. Sigh.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (15-10-2015),winsor  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @greenlady i hear melotonin is also supposed to help with quality. As is high protein low carb and no sugar diet.... not that i stick to this very well. Im sure these ladies will be able to add in anything else

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (15-10-2015),Green lady  (15-10-2015),winsor  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @Green lady Oh, sorry Luv...Human Growth Hormone (Saizen)
    @BlondeinBrisvegas I've not heard of that. Just did a quick google. Will ask my FS at my next appointment! Thanks for the tip.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-10-2015),Blossom74  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Yes...Melatonin is used for egg quality but you have to have it either compounded here at a compounding pharmacy and it's only available on script or else many ladies buy it online from overseas (I-herb I think??) The homeopathic stuff on the shelf at the chemist isn't strong enough.

Usual dose is 5mg's at night. I always took it an hr before I wanted to sleep Like any supplement, you do need to take it for a good 3 months minimally to reap the greatest rewards. My FS has his Ladies on shizloads of supplements. He's got a list for the men too if you have a male partner

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (15-10-2015),winsor  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity888 View Post
    @greenlady i hear melotonin is also supposed to help with quality. As is high protein low carb and no sugar diet.... not that i stick to this very well. Im sure these ladies will be able to add in anything else
    @infinity888 oh dear I'd struggle with the low carb high protein diet!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    @BlondeinBrisvegas I've not heard of that. Just did a quick google. Will ask my FS at my next appointment! Thanks for the tip.
    It's one of those "controversial" things like immune issues. Some FS's believe it does diddly squat so don't recommend it.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 15-10-2015 at 20:56.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (15-10-2015),Green lady  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yeah, I've been wolfing down ubiquinol+PQQ to hope that helps with the mitochondria energy but I don't know if it actually works. they say it needs to be at least 3-4 months prior to the cycle/egg released. I'd tried it a while ago (around feb/march before my appendix op & I stopped it then) and then again in past 6weeks so it probably didn't help my current cycle, but who knows. it was the furtherest progression. I think DP's dry july might have helped too (as it was the only difference a few months back)
    Last edited by winsor; 15-10-2015 at 20:57.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-10-2015),Blossom74  (15-10-2015),Green lady  (15-10-2015)