Closed Thread
Page 77 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @winsor I agree the PGD is expensive. I have only done one round of it with Monash. Out of 17 mature eggs I only ended up with one able to be biopsied on day 6 and a second one which was a blastocyst on day 6 but not hatched enough to be biopsied and has been frozen. The biopsied one came back abnormal with a list of chromosomal abnormalities as long as my arm. So score of nil from 17 for me. My FS has said the day 6 untested frozen one is probably " no good". I have no information on its grading or appearance, however if it was suitable to be frozen it's worth a shot but I want to do another fresh cycle to try and get more to test before I transfer the untested one.

There are pros and cons to the PGD - e.g the difficulty with getting embryos not just to day 5 but they must be hatching on day 5 or 6. I had 4 x 8 cells on day 3 and only two of those got past day 3. I wonder if I'd transferred one of those other day 3s that didn't progress would they have worked and just didn't work because they were growing in a dish. These are the questions you can't answer.
    @Bongley I have just done 2 weeks on the pill and am due to start menopur injections on Sat for an egg retrieval on 30 Oct if I get any follicles. Last time I got 19 follicles but that was Gonal f 225 so don't know how I will go on 225 menopur - which is technically less FSH because some of it is LH.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-10-2015),Blossom74  (15-10-2015),Bongley  (15-10-2015),winsor  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blossom74 you've more than covered everything. I had a d and c for a blighted ovum last Christmas and I got to the hospital at 7 am and was home by midday which was an hours drive away. Hopefully you will be out of there as quickly as possible. I didn't have any discomfort or pain afterwards so hopefully will be the same for you. I felt better mentally after it as I could draw a line and move on ( especially after 3 weeks of rollercoaster scans and HCG level tests).

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-10-2015),Blossom74  (15-10-2015),winsor  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @greenlady wow 17 eggs. Have you been taking lots of supplements to help with egg quality? I know until this thread i wasn't taking nearly all the right stuff but these ladies have been fabulous and i now rattle when i walk so im hoping for my bfp this time. I go for epu on 23rd of oct but if i get 3-5eggs ill be jumping over the moon. I cant do pgd either due to low number of eggs. but ive done absolutely everything else i can do.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (15-10-2015),winsor  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks Blossom. I think it's because I had a couple of days leading up to this where I thought it was probably fading away so have spread out the shock a bit. I'm sure there'll be another mini-meltdown once af arrives. (plus I'm just trying to get through this assignment so after it's handed 7pm tomorrow I can let things out a bit more)

good luck tomorrow xx maybe add some chocolate to your list of things? or something nice to do whilst waiting. your list sounds good. panadol or panadeine? (if the hospital stuff wears off - I'm not sure if they give you anything) water

8. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Blossom74 Good luck for tomorrow Luv!!!

I've got no idea but your list sounds right. As @winsor said, definitely make sure you've got decent painkillers on hand for afterwards. Get the Dr to write you up a script you can fill if needs be for something strong

If your pain/bleeding etc gets worse tonight where you are in a bad way, you get yourself up to the hospital and bugger waiting to call them at 7am tomorrow ok??

P.S....I'll be thinking of you and keeping my eye out for your update when you feel recovered enoughxo
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 15-10-2015 at 20:33.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Green lady Good luck with this upcoming Cycle Luv!!!

and prayers being sent for as many hatching blasty's to be tested as possible!!! I reckon if they're good enough to be frozen regardless of whether they're suitable for testing or not, then you'd have to be in with a better chance than normal for a sticky one surely???

P.S....Are you PCO/S???

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Green lady I hope the untested one is a good one for you. it's just so hard to know. for the day3 ones that drop off, I guess I just think of it as if they drop off in the lab they wouldn't have made it any further in me either since at that stage they're still dividing within the cell (they haven't hatched or are trying to implant at that stage) and I think they try make the environment/liquids as close to possible as current tech allows - most of the action is happening inside the cell's environment, so it's all enclosed. I hope one day we (doctors/scientists) might find out more about how it all works (I'm sure it'll be way past my useful date though). but I read a study the other night that some 'errors' can be/are corrected by the embryo around day3 if they are possible to be fixed, so I guess it's the more drastic/uncorrectable problems that cause them to drop off between day3-5, and they wouldn't have gone on to be take home babies, so in one way (although it's obviously hard to hear at the time) it's better to know at this stage than later.

Early embryos can correct genetic abnormalities during development, researchers find http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0705071546.htm
    "Researchers have found the first direct evidence that early embryos with genetic abnormalities can correct their faults as they develop, marginalizing cells with an incorrect number of chromosomes, while allowing the growth of normal cells."

I hope you have good luck on your next cycle.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-10-2015),Blossom74  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    What time tomorrow @Bongley !?!?! I'll be working from home again, so madly stalking for updates...
    I'll be stalking for updates from the pair of you!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 15-10-2015 at 20:35.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (15-10-2015),Bongley  (15-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (15-10-2015),winsor  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @Green lady Good luck with this upcoming Cycle Luv!!!

and prayers being sent for as many hatching blasty's to be tested as possible!!! I reckon if they're good enough to be frozen regardless of whether they're suitable for testing or not, then you'd have to be in with a better chance than normal for a sticky one surely???

P.S....Are you PCO/S???
    @BlondeinBrisvegas no I'm not PCOS - I have a good AMH for my age and to quote my FS - the best ovaries he's seen for someone my age - as I pointed out to him after my magnificent score of no good eggs to transfer from 17 , that's not much bloody use of all the eggs produced are crap!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-10-2015),Blossom74  (15-10-2015),winsor  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    @BlondeinBrisvegas no I'm not PCOS - I have a good AMH for my age and to quote my FS - the best ovaries he's seen for someone my age - as I pointed out to him after my magnificent score of no good eggs to transfer from 17 , that's not much bloody use of all the eggs produced are crap!
    Yep...that's a good point Luv!! Hopefully the Menopur will help a bit with egg quality for you Have you thought about giving HGH a whirl to see if that would help with quality also??

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (15-10-2015)