Hoping for a miracle for you
    This

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

winsor  (14-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi lovely ladies

I haven't been active on this group for a long time as we were diagnosed with a partial da alpha gene match after being on the IVF journey from almost 8 years, having n number of IVF cycles, producing normal blasts and 2 miscarriages. I was very sad and angry about all this, as to why no doctor was able to diagnose it earlier. I got a little courage today , so I thought I will share my story as it was getting very hard fighting it all alone. I am sorry for the long post, but I need to share my feelings

We were always considered unexplained infertility. Our first cycle was with mivf which resulted in 2 pregnancies , both of which resulted in miscarriages due to random chromosomal abnormalities. Did more cycles there and did pgd , but no success.

We moved to Monash ( LB) , who advised to take my embryos to blastocysts unlike mivf as I had a lot of eggs and embryos , but she wanted to choose the best ones.
    So we made 4 blastocysts from 2 cycles and sent them for pgd. 2 were absolutely normal and 2 came out as inconclusive result. We were very happy and hopeful that we had made normal pgd tested blasts as we thought making normal blastocysts was our only hurdle. Did 4 fet with these blasts and always had a neg result. We decided to do another fresh cycle as I thought I would bank embryos due to my age ( I am 38) we made 2 blasts which are still frozen and we didn't do pgd on them.

In the meanwhile, when nothing was working for us, lovelies like blondeinbrisvegas and lilypily suggested that we should consult dr M in Sydney and also see dr Wazza in Queensland. I did that and dr M found out we have high natural killer cells (17) and there was no point transferring those 2 embies without a immune protocol. We sent the results to LBs office but have never heard back. I have nothing against her as she made normal blasts for us and sure is a very competent doctor, but after 4 failed attempts, she lost interest, gave up on us and said that I think the cosmic forces need to work for you . So we decided it's time to change docs. We saw dr NL at Monash and took dr M's findings with us. He did more tests on us and found out that we have partial da alpha match , that's why it's raised your natural killer cells and implantation is not happening and will not happen unless treated.( at least some one in 8 years provided with a reason other than egg quality)

Now he gave us choices, he said we can either do the very aggressive immune protocol consisting of intralipids, LIT, ivig etc, go for a donor sperm( which we don't want to) or arrange a gestational surrogate who can carry your baby ( with my eggs and DH sperm). I also had a brain surgery between these ivfs for the removal of a benign cyst. Thankfully it was not cancerous , but it left me with a lot of weaknesses in my body. Looking at my medical history, he suggested that the safest Option with the best success rates will be gestational surrogacy.

We were shocked with the findings. We wasted 8 years in transferring embryos which never had a high chance of implanting and no one tried to check why. Now we are searching on surrogacy options. Commercial surrogacy is illegal here In Aus.. But can be done overseas. The cheapest option is India ( which is still very expensive) . It's abt 30000 dollars plus airfares etc. we are planning to do another cycle here , collect some more embies, have them pgd tests and send them overseas for gestational surrogacy. We are flying down to qld to see Wazza on the 3rd of November to seek his opinion. I mean I don't know what direction life is heading to, what's right or not

I am again sorry for the very long post and thank you for reading it. There is no one else who can understand all this. From the bottom of my heart, I want to congratulate everyone who has achieved their long awaited bfp, very sorry for the ones who have had losses or a bfn, hoping you get the courage sooner than later to try gain and wishing all the best to all those lovelies who are still ttc like me.
    Last edited by BH-tech; 09-11-2015 at 09:46. Reason: Link Removal

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (14-10-2015),Summer  (14-10-2015),winsor  (14-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @winsor oh I'm so sorry it really has dragged out for you this week hasn't it?

hi @Sue77 I'm sorry the doctors didn't do more thorough investigations with you so many years ago. I hope your appointment with Wazza helps you find a way forward with a surrogate.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

winsor  (14-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @winsor the latest stick looks the same to me not lighter but who knows this little embie is certainly cheeky. I really hope tomorrow brings you answers. I hope its a true bfp. I don't know how it could still be the pregnly?

@JulieMalooley i think google names for girls and boys and their meanings instead i would love to hear your list. Or are you an apple or north west kind of mummy haha

@Blossom74 how are you today luv?

@Bib i hope everything is going well for you

@Sue77 im so sorry to hear about your experience so far. I have heard so many amazing things about Dr Wazza so fx he has a different take on it for you. I dont know much about surrogacy in Aus or OS. I assume you have already thought about friends and family to do it here for you or is this not an option? Oh and welcome this group of ladies are phenomenal with support and knowledge of all things including ivf

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-10-2015),Blossom74  (14-10-2015),winsor  (14-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Am out atm but will be back later to reply. @Sue77 OMG!!😮 Have been thinking of you Luv!! Reply later onxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leisylou thanks for your luck i will be taking it with me tomorrow. Im aiming for fx 3 fabulous eggs at epu so i figure 5+ folicles would be awsome. I'm always nervous about epu as ive had one in the past with no eggs even though i had 7 follicles ay the time but im refusing to be focused on anything else except those take home babies this time.... im sure this will be different once im in the tww lol

@Tahli lucky you know what to do without them... ask for a reduced rate since your looking after yourself haha Also im guessing you cant complain about the client service cause there is none. sometimes I think why do they have to make it sooooooo hard grrrh

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-10-2015),Blossom74  (14-10-2015),Petal40  (14-10-2015),Summer  (14-10-2015),winsor  (14-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @infinity888 actually I do have a preliminary list of names that myself and my ex (!) came up with several years ago. My absolute favourite boys name is Hunter, but unfortunately my partners last name is an animal so it would be a bit wanky I'm afraid so its off the list. At the Vineyard hotel in CT there was a waitress named Sweetness of all things and I love that, but again, don't think I'd be that brave... @Sue77 you poor thing - but at least you finally have hope now that you've got an answer to what was wrong. It really gets my goat when they just don't test for certain things. After a certain amount of failures it should be standard for them to go 'Hang on, something else is up, lets run tests for EVERYTHING now.' Its not like its that much effort for them, but it seems that a lot of us are just $$ signs to our clinics. I'm glad you've moved onward and upward and have a plan. I hope to hear that the wheels are in motion soon enough.
    Does anyone know how @Fudge09 is going ? I don't think I've seen anything from her in quite some time...

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-10-2015),Blossom74  (14-10-2015),Summer  (14-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for tomorrow @infinity888 - what time is the EPU ?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (14-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77, sorry to hear about your journey so far and ill health following your op. it can take a while for the body to heal after an op, so please take things slowly. I don't know about immune issues or killer cells - I'd asked my doctors at 2 clinics and they didn't believe in them and said there were no medical studies. but who's to say it's not just too early for the treatments. I don't know. there are some ladies here who are doing the immune treatments and having good luck. I don't know about surrogates either I'm afraid. I heard it could be done in Thailand via the news story a while ago. I hope you find some more info with your next doctor's visit. it sounds like Wazza is the expert on the "try everything" team, so it sounds like you're heading in the right direction. good luck xx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (14-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 it sounds like your 'easiest' option by far is the aggressive immune protocol. Is there any reason you can't try that ?
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 14-10-2015 at 14:42.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (14-10-2015)