Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @winsor come on embie!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

winsor  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @winsor and prayers being sent for you Luv!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

winsor  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Gosh, there's so much happening this week, so exciting!!
    This is a copy of my post on the egg donation thread...
    Girls, I need some help rather urgently! I've started spotting & have strong AF cramps (Ibuprofen's not going to touch the sides of this AF is it?!) but I don't have my medical instructions from CFC, even though I requested them lastnight.
    Anyway, when is cd1 measured by CFC? At my Melb clinic it's if you get full blood flow pre 6pm that's cd1, otherwise post 6pm the next day is counted as cd1.
    Secondly, what do I take on cd1 and how much. It's a FET cycle on Synarel & Progynova.
    @emski72 or @JulieMalooley are you online today to help me please?!!
    Glad to see you got all the meds and such sorted out Luv Gawd...I hope you've got some decent painkillers on hand Luv as this could be the AF from hell for you unfortunately!!!

Cycle 4's was the absolute worst for me after all the Progynova etc, etc on Wazza's list So frucking painful and heavy!!! Get the heat packs and decent meds ready just in case Luv!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you get it all sorted Tahli, and hear from your clinic. what a stress!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @winsor yippee darker has got to be bubba not pregnyl right? Come on baby xx

@Tahli i hope your sorted

@kyrsta74 blossom how are you?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (13-10-2015),Tahli  (13-10-2015),winsor  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF over 40 #18

@winsor , nail biting stuff!! Come on little emby ❤️❤️
    @Tahli hope you don't have too much pain, exciting to have your trip all booked, hope the time passes quickly.
    @infinity888 where are you up to? I keep losing track of everyone, but you have EPU soon??
    @krysta 74 *Blossom* how are things lovely?
    @Bongley how are you traveling?
    @JulieMalooley hope everything is going well ❤️

Hi to everyone else I've missed, so much going on with this thread.

As for me, bit of a scare from the OB nurse today with a phone call, had a BT yesterday & my progesterone is still low, so was called in for a scan to check on bub. However, she didn't specify what level was low over the phone, and I automatically thought the worst. Scan went well though, bub was very active & nice sting heartbeat. Then got my Harmony results this afternoon, and came back all low risk 😄😄 Hopefully I can start to relax a bit soon.
    Last edited by Petal40; 13-10-2015 at 17:44.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-10-2015),Blossom74  (13-10-2015),Chiefsgirl  (13-10-2015),Summer  (14-10-2015),Tahli  (13-10-2015),winsor  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    whew @Petal40! talk about extra added stress for you. they need to be careful how they throw comments like that. I'm glad it's all worked out! congrats!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.

I have now officially transformed into @Blossom74!

Well ladies, I have had a day, let me tell you. First up I went to my OB appointment. He said he is definitely recommending a D&C and is extremely worried I may have a molar pregnancy. My reading on the subject makes me think "No - my HCG is high, but not that high" but he referred me to the city hospital to see their Early Pregnancy Unit Assessment Team anyway.

An hour and a half drive, followed by six circles of the block to find parking, and I got there just in the nick of time. I then proceeded to wait for an hour and a half, in a room filled with OBVIOUSLY pregnant women (I kid you not, I was the ONLY non-pregnant looking woman there) and situated conveniently next to the room where they were checking everyone's baby's heartbeats - on loudspeaker.

I managed to hold my shiz together for a bit, then went in to (finally) see my Doctor. She said they are worried about my high HCG also, but are not concerned about a molar pregnancy as I don't have any of the other symptoms. She said that a sac which measures at 5 weeks should not be producing HCG in that amount, so asked the following questions:-

And before you ask, yes, I'm serious....

1. Her: Sometimes two sperm can fertilize the one egg, and it splits in two and what we are seeing is the remnant sac, and the other one is hiding somewhere... Me: Um, no, I don't think so. This was IVF. Why would they put 2 sperm inside the one egg...?

2. Her: Sometimes, women get pregnant naturally even though they are doing IVF. Is there any chance you could have gotten pregnant naturally? Me: ????? Um, no. My husband had a vasectomy, that's why we're doing IVF in the first place. Her: Yes, but sometimes one just sneaks through.... Me: No. Not possible. Aside from the vasectomy issue, I haven't had sex with my husband since embryo transfer....

(Let's ignore this last part ladies....I know I have issues but really, DTD is just NOT on my radar ATM!)

3. Her: Perhaps you have an ectopic pregnancy. We may need to do another scan. Me: Scan away love, but we've already seen the broken down gestational sac in my uterus, not in my tubes. Her: Yes, but sometimes the body produces a pseudo sac, while the other 'real' sac is hiding in the tubes. have you had serious pain and cramping, and lots of bleeding? Me: No. None of that. But it is (remotely) possible I suppose. Yes, we better check for that.

And the kicker....

4. Her: So you live with......? Me: My husband. Her: Do you have another partner who could have gotten you pregnant? Me: ?????????????????????

So I've had a BT to check on my HCG again. And another one is due in 2 days time. And if it's still going up, they are going to do a comprehensive re-scan because "We don't want to accidentally end a viable pregnancy that you have tried so hard to achieve...." THAT is the part where I lost my shiz if you're interested. I mean, I'm 110% sure I am NOT pregnant. I've been told so, continually, for three weeks now. Why the hell would people start talking about viability again?

And once all that has been done, and they arrive at the conclusion I did 3 weeks ago - that I was pregnant, and am no longer, I have a D&C scheduled for this Friday. My parents are coming to stay and will drive me to and from the hospital (hubby started a new job not long ago and can't leave work.) Apparently the hospital intend to give me 2 pills to dilate my cervix 2 hours prior to surgery, and it will all be over by the end of the afternoon.

So that's my day.

Blossom74
    (The Artist Formerly Known as Krysta74)

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-10-2015),Summer  (14-10-2015),Tahli  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A few little personals before I collapse in a heap and fall asleep....

@winsor, never have I been so confused by lines! You have a cheeky monkey in there to be sure! Come on little emby, hold up your flag and wave it proudly!

@Petal, oh gosh, what a fright that must have given you. Well, at least you got to see your little one once again, and he/she is safe and sound and doing well. Congrats on the harmony test results too. Do you know the gender or are you keeping it a secret?

@Julie, I am absolutely sure you will be fine love. Deep breaths, and enjoy every minute because it is a precious time

@Bongley and @Infinity, good luck for your upcoming transfers girls! Let the stick pics begin!!!

A big hello to everyone else. Gosh I hope I haven't missed anyone's big news. Apologies, I only did a quick scan back over the posts this evening.

Blossom74

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (13-10-2015),winsor  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    woah, that sounds really traumatic for you @Blossom74 I hope you're OK. I guess since it's a new place seeing you they need to be thorough, but..
    I'm glad you'll have your parents with you on friday. I hope you can rest all weekend afterwards

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-10-2015),Blossom74  (13-10-2015)