Closed Thread
Page 43 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop on and say a massive thank you to you all for your kind words at this terribly upsetting time. I am in the 'calm before the storm' stage physically - the small amount of bleeding I had yesterday has ceased (for now) and I've not had any cramping or pain as yet. My clinic did a HCG yesterday and will do another on Monday. They said if my numbers don't drop I will need a D&C as my body won't naturally get rid of everything by itself. Whatever they need to do to move things forward I guess.

I'm not sure what our next step is. We have to re-asses what little finances we have left to see if we can scrape enough cash together for another round in due course. I did some brief research yesterday and as non-supportive as my clinic have been, they are significantly cheaper than the new one my OB wants to refer me to. I am going to do a proper spreadsheet to assess all of the costs - travel, time, procedures, what is and isn't included at each clinic and then decide where we go from there.

Has anyone ever accessed their super early to pay for IVF on compassionate grounds? If so, what was the process for that?

@winsor, I agree with @BIB - I think tomorrow's test will be the turning point for you. I could see the lines clearly on your sticks and it was a close call, but if I was pushed to make a choice I think today's test may have been a smidge darker than yesterdays test. I am that tomorrow is the day when you finally get your 'proper' double pink lines love. I am really hoping and praying with all my heart for you.

@leyshoja/Julie congratulations on the fantastic increase in HCG numbers. You must be so thrilled! I know you like to stay cool as a cucumber, but really - enjoy every minute of it! You have worked so hard to get to this point and you truly deserve to bask in that moment

@Infinity, I am so pleased things are finally underway for you! You must be beside yourself with excitement! Here's hoping this is really your time to shine love

Hello to everyone I've missed and everyone still to come. If you don't mind I might pull up a chair and make myself at home here for a while......

Krysta
    Last edited by Blossom74; 10-10-2015 at 07:29.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-10-2015),Charlie74  (10-10-2015),Corbes  (10-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (10-10-2015),Petal40  (10-10-2015),winsor  (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    or this pic taken not zoomed in (zoom in to see very faint lines)
    I think i's too close to call
    Attachment 74374
    I think the squinter is ever so slightly darker in this photo, fingers crossed sweetie.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Killarneygirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-10-2015),Corbes  (10-10-2015),winsor  (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @winsor i definitely think the unmarked one is darker than the others. Fx it keeps getting darker.

@kyrsta i think your more than welcome to pull up a chair here love. Not sure about the super. I know up here the bulk bill clinics are only about $1000 oop once you reach your medicare threshold which you would of done already. Not sure if you have any of those down there.

@Chiefsgirl thanks so much. Yes im worried about the cleft palette and stuff as well. I will stay on higher dose to be safe. Thanx

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (10-10-2015),winsor  (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    thanks. at this point I'm just happy there's still a second line. it's the closest we've come
    @winsor, I've never taken pregnyl but here's my opinion. My squinters last week took 2 to 3 minutes to show up too and all got slightly darker as it dried out over the next day. If that super faint one yesterday was from the pregnyl, then surely today it would be gone if it was THAT light. I'm suss on that being a real BFP but please don't get your hopes up on my hunch. I think tomorrow it will be darker 😄

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-10-2015),winsor  (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 (Julie lol) I have NEVER in my life been able to picture myself with a baby and even now I can't imagine what that life will look like, how we will cope, how I will feel towards a Bub, how our relationship will change or how I'll continue working. What will we do about cars? DP has a work ute. What will we do for more storage? I have no idea and can't even start seriously thinking about all that stuff yet. After 2 losses between 9 and 10 weeks there is no way I'm going to feel comfortable until maybe 12 weeks anyway, but I just can't see this one going to completion, mainly because it's so foreign to me. And I am so weird around babies. Babies make me squirm, I don't want to hold them in case I don't do it right and they always start crying when I do, and I have no maternal urges at all towards other people's babies or kids. Now I'm sitting here wondering why I'm even doing this lol ! Ah well, too late now.
    I PM'd the mod yesterday and they hadn't gotten my messages (!) but it's underway now. Finally.
    JulieMalooley

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-10-2015),Charlie74  (10-10-2015),Tahli  (10-10-2015),winsor  (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Super dooper good luck for tomorrow morning @winsor! I have everything crossed for you!!
    One advantage to getting a BFN is being able to eat GU chocolate cheesecake for breaky completely guilt free!!
    @Krysta74 I was thinking about you lastnight, wondering how you were going breaking the news to DH. You're in my thoughts hun. Massive hugs.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-10-2015),winsor  (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @krysta thinking of you love, it's such an unfair thing to go through. I'm not sure what state you're in, but we changed from a QFG to a cheaper clinic, and had much more success I'll add. It's run by the medical director of Monash (a wonderful FS). If you want any info, I'd be happy to pass some on. I think our first cycle this year we were only out of pocket just over $1000 (and only $3000 up front), and my FET only cost us $700. Definitely takes some of the pressure off financially.
    Take the time to get over this, I took a few weeks off work & found that I was crying all the time for a bit, but that's natural, let yourself grieve. But I did find that having some sort of plan to move forward helped.
    Thinking of you, I'm here if you need, hugs ❤️❤️

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (10-10-2015),winsor  (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    Hi ladies. I'm always reading along and keeping up with your news and this week has been a roller coaster for so many of you. Krysta I'm really sad and sorry about what has happened. I think preparing for a bfn is hard but this must be gut wrenching. I hope you have people around to take care of you xxx

I'm starting to worry (actually always worrying) I'm not taking the right or enough vitamins. I'm on the pill at the moment as doing a down reg before stims in 2 weeks. I have high nkc and mthfr gene mutations. I take daily 1.5 ml testosterone cream & 3xthorne prenatal vitamins, 1xcoq10-ubiqinol, 1xthorne-bcomplex, 2xfishoil, 1pro-biotic. I've also now ordered vitamin e from reading other people's posts. I am aiming for better quality eggs and also of course want to avoid any issues like cleft palate if I was to get a bfp. I will also be on steroids and clexane and Julie sent me some estradiol to help bump up my lining Any other additives required?? I'm like a crappy loaf of bread that never seems to rise, maybe you ladies have an idea on a missing ingredient!
    Isn't royal jelly supposed to help with egg quality? Also a low dose aspirin, calcium, magnesium, berocca. Seems like overkill all this stuff doesn't it.. But hey, if it doesn't hurt....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh @Petal40, 'only' $1000 oop would be amazing. If my clinic's prices were like that I'd be jumping at an OE cycle without hesitation. For me personally, I wish I didn't have to factor in the cost when choosing an OE cycle ($5k oop) vs donor embryo ($3k oop).
    Krysta, I agree with Petal. You'll definitely need to give yourself time to grieve and then something to look forward to. If you need help to work through the myriad of emotions surrounding loss & miscarriage I'm sure there's quite a few of us on here who can help you through. You're not alone.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-10-2015),Blossom74  (10-10-2015),Petal40  (10-10-2015),winsor  (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone. just having breakky before painting class. I'll test agsin tomorrow

i hope you're ok krysta. such a rough time. if you can do a cycle via hospital it's much cheaper too. I know it might be harder since you moved but fingers crossed you can find a way

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-10-2015),Blossom74  (10-10-2015)