+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    but you need to accept that that's what the bride/groom/party thrower want.
    This isn't directed at you at all but this comment is something I hear a lot IRL and for me it's the problem. It didn't used to be about what the bride/groom/mother to be etc wanted, it was about getting together with friends and family and celebrating the Union of those two families, or the addition of new families members. It's all been lost in the 'look at me' hysteria that now revolves around these functions. Telling guests what to wear, to bring money not presents, and extravagant hens nights just reduces it all to a farce in my opinion.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (06-10-2015),delirium  (05-10-2015),DT75  (05-10-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (05-10-2015),KitiK  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Let's face it, the friend prob thinks she's just asked her not to wear pink, has been too busy to drop in and look at it and hasn't given it a second thought. I think if money was an issue the OP should have insisted the friend dropped in or she drop over to the friends, just have explained that maternity wear is hard to come by. I'm sure the friend would have understand, she just probably doesn't even realise she's being unreasonable.
    I don't know if you read more than the original post, but the OP did try to get her friend to come see the dress, and that maternity wear is hard to come by.

As I said, if it is THAT important to the bride that noone wear pink, she should be ensuring it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    I don't know if you read more than the original post, but the OP did try to get her friend to come see the dress, and that maternity wear is hard to come by.

As I said, if it is THAT important to the bride that noone wear pink, she should be ensuring it.
    I did read it, but i can imagine that the OP may not have felt so comfortable saying to the friend "I'm having money issues, I honestly cannot afford a new dress. Can I pop up to show you the dress or I otherwise cannot come." The friend probably doesn't get what it means to the OP as she's wrapped up in a million other things. I just don't think it's a cause to say she's unreasonable or high maintenance when she may not realise how hard it is to find a replacement dress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Op never tell anyone what you are wearing again. Just say ''oh im not sure yet'' if they ever ask. friends like that can go get stuffed. wear the dress anyway.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (06-10-2015),gingermillie  (05-10-2015),ICanDream  (05-10-2015),Wise Enough  (06-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    Op never tell anyone what you are wearing again. Just say ''oh im not sure yet'' if they ever ask.
    Haha yes I won't be doing that anymore; I have definitely learnt my lesson!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I just don't think it's a cause to say she's unreasonable or high maintenance when she may not realise how hard it is to find a replacement dress.
    Im not trying to argue with you and I appreciate your input, I guess what it comes down to is we all have different values and opinions.

I happen to think that it's always unreasonable and high maintenance to expect to tell other adults how to dress. When I got married I didn't even tell my bridesmaids what to wear, I just told them the colour scheme and let them pick their own dresses. I had one guest turn up in a white dress, she was a friend who was pregnant and I knew they were doing it tough, I assumed it was the only thing she had to wear and I knew she wasn't being spiteful, I was just happy she attended and was comfortable.

I take your point though, everyone is different and not all will share my point of view and obviously some of my friends don't and it's something I have to accept if I want to continue being friends with these people, and for the most part I think I do accept those differences, obviously since I bought a new dress for this wedding and didn't attend my other friends party. I'm only human though and sometimes I get annoyed that they can't extend the same understanding to me that I do for them.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (05-10-2015),HollyGolightly81  (05-10-2015),JustJaq  (05-10-2015),MaximumStarlight  (05-10-2015),Tinkers  (05-10-2015),VicPark  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Good point. It's all about the man and woman being together for the rest of their lives (touchwood). It's not (or shouldn't be) about what the bride looks like to the point where guests are made to feel uncomfortable. You don't see grooms acting like pork chops and making it all about them.
    Could you imagine the groom telling all the male guests not to wear suits? Lol

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (05-10-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (05-10-2015),Renn  (05-10-2015),VicPark  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post

They probably aren't allowed to wear pink suits lol.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post

Or to not wear black because that's 'their' color!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    . If you don't agree with what they have asked re holding a white party or requesting you not wear a colour of a dress you don't have to go. It doesn't mean they are high maintenance friends.
    Ahhhh.. Yes it does. Hands down. Not a shadow if a doubt in this little chickens mind!