+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Its not pink. The only way I could imagine she was worried is if her dress was fuschia. But still - fuschia is different.

I would vote to wear it but I know you already got another dress.

And sell sell sell the dress after wearing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Nope I wouldn't consider that pink either. More a purpley, port wine as others have said. She's being ridiculous. She's getting married, not being coronated as Queen. Weddings bring out people's narcissism

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (05-10-2015),HillDweller  (05-10-2015),Janesmum123  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She may not want to tell you the exact shade her dress is! Perhaps she already feels like you will be thinking she is bit crazy about it so doesn't want to get upset further about it by seeing it. If it was her birthday like your other friend, I would simply wear it. But a bride, precious or not, I wouldn't!

To be honest I hate how women get called Bridezilla for wanting their wedding day to be perfect! She has planned to break tradition and sure she can't tell everyone not to wear pink but you asked her about it and she has requested you don't wear it. Maternity wear is expensive so I get the dilemma but I would just suck it up and let my friend have her moment.

Just my two cents though so good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weddings do pretty strange things to brides!! I'd be annoyed but still wear a different dress, particularly if she is a good friend and someone who is usually pretty understanding. I've done some annoying things just to keep brides happy because at the end of the day this is their big day and (fingers crossed) they only get married once in their life. What bride wants she can have. Venting about it is 100% necessary though!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    No she's not normally like this and she is really stressed with the wedding as its coming up shortly, so I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately this has really upset/ annoyed me (maybe that's pregnancy hormones) and I think it will affect our friendship as I really don't feel like seeing or talking to her at the moment. I'm just trying to keep some space so I don't say something I later regret. In the scheme of things I should let it go and I probably will but at the moment I'm pretty pi$$ed at the "it's all about me" attitude.
    It kind of is all about her..it's her wedding.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

Alicia111  (05-10-2015),Lincolns mummy  (05-10-2015),LoveLivesHere  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    I totally get this but since she didn't make any effort to see the dress in real life like she said she would that just takes it a bit far IMO.

I know what planning a wedding is like - I've been there and torn my hair out and aged 10 years lol. But if you are having a different coloured dress and you did not specify upfront on your invites etc and then just not answer if a dress is ok or not it's just a little rude.

And ventable!

And cheekily I want to just say wear white lol (disclaimer: very tongue in cheek).

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a bit of a tough one that's for sure! Obviously for a wedding people usually assume that the bride will wear white/ivory so will stay away from wearing those colours. If she was not wanting anyone to wear a particular colour they should've requested so when sending out invitations so people don't go & buy a dress to be told at the last minute can't wear it. Even if she wanted it to be a surprise she could've put on there that's what colour the bridesmaids will be in so requested no one else wear it.

OP I would call your dress a purple colour. Could you just wear a little black jacket or similar that covers shoulders to break it up? It's hard when she didn't tell you what shade of pink. If she's wearing a wedding dress I would assume it might be a light pink.

It's a bit hard as a nice maternity dress is expensive & usually not easy to find.

Whatever you decide to do I hope it all works out

Thanks
    Reviews
    This to me equates to when brides invoice guests for not showing up to their wedding.

Rude, regardless of it being her special day. I'm starting to agree, just let it be, you have the new dress, just wear that one. Or wear white! 😏

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    Ok fair enough, I get this, I'm just not sure brides get to extend their 'all about me' attitude to what other people wear. I got married, people turned up in all sorts of outfits, some appropriate some not so much. It didn't phase me, I probably wouldn't even have remembered if it weren't for the photographs.

At the end of the day I think brides should sometimes remember that while their wedding is the happiest and most important day of their life, their guests probably don't feel the same way. My guests just saw my wedding as a happy occasion and hopefully a fun party, not a life changing experience.

I view my friends wedding as something really special for her and in an effort to avoid upsetting her I've bought a new dress, but I've got stuff going on in my life too, a new mortgage, a pregnancy, the costs associated with a new baby; it wouldn't have hurt her to have a look at the dress; that's all I'm saying. But I'm going to let it go now because I've probably wasted too much time overthinking this thing anyway.

On a side note they've asked for cash gifts, my DH cheekily suggested I include the receipt for my new $200 dollar dress in lieu of a gift, lol I won't off course! but I gotta love him for lightening the mood

13. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (06-10-2015),clbj  (05-10-2015),Frankenmum  (05-10-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (05-10-2015),heplusme  (05-10-2015),HillDweller  (05-10-2015),HollyGolightly81  (05-10-2015),JustJaq  (05-10-2015),MaximumStarlight  (05-10-2015),Mod-Degrassi  (05-10-2015),munchkin275  (05-10-2015),Olive Oil  (05-10-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (05-10-2015),snowqu33n  (05-10-2015),SpecialPatrolGroup  (05-10-2015),sunnyflower  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id wear your original dress. If it was that important to her, she would of taken 5 seconds of her time to view it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (05-10-2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast