+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    She is definitely being unreasonable. I would wear the dress, maternity wear is so expensive and to expect you to buy something else when you already have something that is perfect is unreasonable. If I had a friend say this to me when I was pregnant and insist I find something else I would have worn my maternity jeans and singlet just to p!ss her off

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would have told her "sure I won't wear that dress" and then would have worn it anyway.

How would she have known it was the same dress since it isn't pink and she hasn't seen it before?

Also on the day she'll have a million others thing to worry or be happy about trust me 😋

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (05-10-2015),delirium  (05-10-2015),MissMuppet  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Nope you aren't the only one, for a while I was a 'crazy magnet' that seemed to attract these types. You seem like a sweet, kind person and jerky people are probably more prone to trying to walk over you bc you are such a sweetie. She sounds like a nutter tbh. There are a million shades of pink, from very light, to salmony, fluro, more a reddish tinge.

My advice is to wear the dress. Bridezilla will either be too busy swanning around to notice, and if she does comment, just tell her since she didn't come by and being pg you didn't want to spend more $$ (I mean who has 10 maternity evening dresses?? we are only pg a short time) you wore that one. Then if she was my friend, I would stop messaging her, talking to her and gently pull away. The only way to fix these emotional vampires is to rip them off like a bandaid

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Going against the grain here.

It is extremely rude to wear the same colour as the bride. To some brides it means a lot.
    She has said you can't wear that if not pink. Ask other people in your life if it pink or red or post it on here.
    If red wear it. If it is indeed pink than wear the new dress.
    How long away if the wedding. If it really close she might be so wrapped up in wedding mode that she is lost in that world. If it still a few weeks away you take the dress to her.
    If it's a one off thing I would think this
    Weddings can so stressful and can take over your mind is a really weird way and turn the most calm relaxed person into a stressed out mess.

If it a all the time thing than she is high maintenance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Is the bride going to call ALL her guests and ask them not to wear pink??? No??? Then you wear that pink dress!

She cannot control what everyone wears to her wedding unless they're in the bridal party. Pink is an unusual colour for a bride to wear so she might find that a few people will be matching with her. She needs to get over it and focus on important stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vent - high maintenance friends

I think that is ridiculous. Maternity clothes are expensive (esp evening gowns) and buying another one would really pee me off.

Most people agree not to wear white to a wedding...but pink is a pretty popular colour. And I get that it means a lot to brides to stand out. But Unless she explicitly stated not to wear pink in the invite, how is everyone to know? And there are many shades of pink, I am sure your dress isn't exactly the same, the fact that she couldn't take five minutes to take a look when she is so close by is very selfish.

It really annoys me when people behave like that.
    Last edited by Patience86; 05-10-2015 at 09:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what you've described your dress is more purplely... i'd wear it. I doubt she has gone around asking everyone not to wear pink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Vent - high maintenance friends

Post removed
    Last edited by Mama Mirabelle; 09-10-2015 at 20:17.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

as a maternity dress, I would wear the dress you had already.

If it were not maternity, and you might wear it again I would probably buy a new dress.

It can be hard. I feel for her - but not even bothering to drop in and see the dress and telling you that you cant wear it is just plain rude.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think you are a pretty great friend.

If she didn't want people to wear pink, she really needed to state it on the invite. A friend of mine has a pinkish coloured dress, it was a really pale pink with Ivory overlay. Never told anyone not to wear pink, in fact the bridesmaids were in pink to compliment it!

Is she normally like this? I am going to guess she is probably super stressed about the wedding.