+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Vent - high maintenance friends

Thanks for all the replies to this thread ladies. I was pretty annoyed the other day but I've got it out of my system now and I'm going to delete my posts. Don't want them to come back and bite me in the butt if someone recognizes me on here.
    Last edited by Mama Mirabelle; 09-10-2015 at 20:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Vent - high maintenance friends

😳 I'm sure you're not the only one with friends like this but yes, they are pretty unreasonable! Did you send a picture of the dress to her? Or post it here? Surely if it's closer to burgundy/maroon/purple you can get away with wearing it and return the one you just bought. If she hasn't seen a photo she'll be none the wiser.

Eta: does the invite ask people not to wear pink?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If she questions you I would just tell her you didn't wear the dress you initially planned to and that it's a totally different dress. If she can't even stop by to look at it and has told you not to wear it, I'd wear it just to spite her. It's not like you're intentionally trying to steal her spotlight. Some people just need to get off their high horse. I bet she'd enjoy herself more if she stopped worrying about what everyone else is wearing and whether it would clash with her.

On a side note, my friend had a celebratory party when her business turned 1yr old. She told one of her clients/friends (who was one of the first 2 women to come to her when she started out) what she was wearing to the party - a sparkling sequined dress. Said "client/friend" then went out and bought a sparkling sequined dress too (she already had a dress to wear as she had shown photos). Was a deliberate attempt to take away the limelight. That is an issue. What your friend is perceiving as an issue actually isn't one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's insanely nuts and high maintenance. Like others said I would return the new dress and wear the old one, she won't even notice on the day. Post a pic of the colour here and we will say if it's pink or not.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (05-10-2015),HollyGolightly81  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's unfair that you've had to go out and spend good money on a dress you will never wear again. I would be returning it.
    I would post a pic here.
    I would also send a text to her saying "can you stop and look at the dress this arvo, I have nothing else to wear so I will be wearing that dress unless it's a problem".
    Actually.... no I wouldn't... stuff her, I'd wear what I had that fit. She is way too demanding. Is she seriously going to check with every single guest what colour they are wearing? What a nut.
    Last edited by CMF; 05-10-2015 at 04:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My guess is she's never had kids so doesn't even realise you don't just have several evening dresses to choose from that fit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe put the new dress up on eBay after the wedding. I'm sure there are plenty of people in the same boat as you - dont want to spend heaps on a maternity dress they'll wear once so are happy to buy second hand. I know this doesn't stop your friend being an unreasonable pain in the bum but at least you might recoup some of what you spent.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, yeah I'm sorry you're friends do sound high maintenance...

I would just text her a pic of your dress and say that this is the dress you're wearing as it's the only one you have. If she then texts back and says it's the wrong colour wear the new dress and then sell it on ebay after. Hopefully though she'll see the original dress and realise its fine and you can just return the new dress and get your money back.

What a hassle over something that shouldn't even be an issue! The only reason to be worried about what someone is wearing to your wedding is if they turn up wearing a wedding dress!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'd just wear the dress anyway...

Thanks
    Reviews
    People suck sometimes.

I know you already bought a dress but I would still do what some of the above posters suggested and send her a pic of the dress via text.

Sell the new dress after wearing.
    Or can you post a pic of the dress here? I think it sounds like a lovely colour actually.