+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any advise?

Should I give up all hope?

Hi everyone
    I'm having a really hard time. My partner and I were lucky enough to fall pregnant the first cycle trying. I think I ovulated between the 22nd and 25th of August. I got a positive test 2nd September. So between 8-11dpo.

Around tje 12th September some symptoms started. Sore breasts and fatigue. These faded and disappeared by the 15th.

I began to feel like something was wrong. We had the dating scan on September 29 with should have been 7 weeks. The crl only measured 5.5 weeks and no heartbeat was detected. The technician was not worried and said dates could be off.
    My dr on the other had said that in order to get that positive test I would have definitely been 6.6weeks and bun would have heartbeat.

I had blood taken and HCG was 23000 48hrs later it dropped to 22000. My dr said this is a bad sign and she is 99.9% the baby didn't make it.
    I'm so shattered and just want this to be over.
    As I haven't passed the baby I'm still clinging to this hope but I don't want to be crushed again.
    I would like some opinions and would like everyone to be honest.

Are all of these signs pointing to a missed miscarriage? Would anyone else still be hoping? Has anyone had a similar experience? I would like to hear then no matter what the outcome was.
    Sorry for the novel. I'm just so devastated and any support would be welcomed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Hi there I replied in the other thread. When I miscarried last year my fertility clinic diagnosed it when my HCG went down instead of up it should double every 48 hours. Sometimes it can be a bit slower than usual and still be ok but if it's going down I'm afraid as far as I understand it, it's a miscarriage.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Take time to grieve and please feel free to join the threads in the pregnancy loss section there is lots of support there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm very sorry but it really does sound like a missed miscarriage

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any advise?

I'm very sorry but it does sound like a missed miscarriage. I was 8wks when I noticed a random drop of blood, like pin head tiny size drop. I noticed it maybe three times and at 10wks went for a scan just to put my mind at ease as my obstetrician was adamant it was nothing. There was no heart beat and only measured 6.5wks. I never miscarried on my own and given it had been 4 weeks with no growth I went in for a D&C with a few days. Sorry you are potentially going through this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @hoping11

I have replied on your other thread.

Please do keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

Krysta