+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Small red dots progressing to flakey skin

Hi.. FTM, 20, 11 weeks pregnant... I've developed a kind of rash I suppose on my breasts and stomach area. It's not itchy. They're like small red dots. they were just red but now they've started to get like dry skin in the centre. I will be making a doctors appointment ASAP.. But just wondering if you ladies have any insight as it is Sunday and I can't get anywhere. I am using an oil moisturiser to prevent stretchmarks. However I've been using it since I was three weeks and have never had a problem before. I have had a friend of mine who has had children look at it but she doesn't know what it is she said she's never experienced it. I know breast and skin changes are common during pregnancy but this has me a little worried. Any help would be really appreciated…
    Thanks, bits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there! I guess you have seen a doc since you posted this - but I am curious, because I have a similar thing - little red dots on my tummy, and also the back of my legs. (I am 9 weeks pregnant, and this started around the 6 week mark). I used to get heat rash on occasion, and this seems to be similar/the same. I read that your body temp increases while pregnant, so sort of did a little 'self diagnosed' heat rash! Hahaha.
    Hope you're all good :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Fungal rash?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Psoriasis? Pregnancy hormones can cause it to appear or get worse or even get better (if you're lucky!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did go to the doctor.. Not a fungal rash, or heat rash or infection.. A reaction to something.. The doctor said unrelated to pregnancy, (I was using an oil moisturiser a friend made for me to prevent stretch marks..) and gave me some hydrocourtizone cream.. I just stopped using the oil and used a little Lucas's paw paw ointment.. It seems to have gone and not come back.. I just need to figure out what to use for strechmarks.. 😀 but if you have something similar you really should go to your own doctor as it will not likely be what I had, and could be rubella... Please don't self diagnose and just be cautious..
    Bits..