+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GemimaPuddleduck View Post
    I've recently started using OPKs and it doesn't look like I ovulate. Does the line on the left have to be darker? I've just had faint lines the entire time. I always get What I assume is O pain but apparently not according to the tests. My fertility app says I should have Od about 2 days ago but nothing.
    I have never had a positive opk (always a line on there, but never as dark as the control line), and I have a 2 year old daughter, so I definitely O'd.
    I would trust the signs your body gives you, and throw the opk's out the window. They'll only stress you out unnecessarily. If you're getting what you think is ovulation pain, then it probably is ovulation pain.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

GemimaPuddleduck  (10-11-2015),Secretly Hoping  (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did read a recent study that concluded the single most important factor in falling preg at any time in your cycle is EWCM/fertile cm. So even if the OPKs are neg or it's a funny cycle day if you DTD with that cm present, chances are the highest they can be that you will conceive.

Sashie that is a nice dark line! Is it possible you did O earlier? Or just a nice strong result.

for anyone testing today. I'm 6dpo and just holding out...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Secretly Hoping  (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Couldn't help myself... Tested this morning and bfn 12dpo. Quite sure I'm out this month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doctor said you can try opk's but he advises that the best thing is to check your CM and if it is watery or ewcm that is the best sign to take, the weird thing is that before i got what i think was AF last cycle i had ewcm like 2 days prior to starting :/ so i did think that was weird!!
    Been feeling really really nauseous all day yesterday and slightly today (i mean like morning sickness with my daughter!) i googled it apparently it is common to feel nausea when you ovulate or a day or two prior! It has something to do with how strong the ovulation is too - more common if you have already been pregnant and apparently means morning sickness will be awful.... but yes even medical articles say there is such a thing as O nausea!!! Please dont fret though a lot of women DONT get O nausea! But there is such a thing to do with hormones changing and if you are sensitive to that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly Hoping View Post
    My doctor said you can try opk's but he advises that the best thing is to check your CM and if it is watery or ewcm that is the best sign to take, the weird thing is that before i got what i think was AF last cycle i had ewcm like 2 days prior to starting :/ so i did think that was weird!!
    Been feeling really really nauseous all day yesterday and slightly today (i mean like morning sickness with my daughter!) i googled it apparently it is common to feel nausea when you ovulate or a day or two prior! It has something to do with how strong the ovulation is too - more common if you have already been pregnant and apparently means morning sickness will be awful.... but yes even medical articles say there is such a thing as O nausea!!! Please dont fret though a lot of women DONT get O nausea! But there is such a thing to do with hormones changing and if you are sensitive to that.
    I always get EWCM a couple of days before AF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    I did read a recent study that concluded the single most important factor in falling preg at any time in your cycle is EWCM/fertile cm. So even if the OPKs are neg or it's a funny cycle day if you DTD with that cm present, chances are the highest they can be that you will conceive.

Sashie that is a nice dark line! Is it possible you did O earlier? Or just a nice strong result.

for anyone testing today. I'm 6dpo and just holding out...
    Just a nice strong result, I've tracked my cycle using OPK's, CM and cervix position. I would say it's implanted super early 😊

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sashie For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got two girls and now pregnant with my third bubba. I can't speak highly enough about pre seed. I firmly believe it's instrumental in getting me pregnant. I didn't use it the first two cycles with my eldest and didn't fall pregnant. Used it the third cycle and I fell pregnant. Used it first cycle with my second, fell pregnant. Used it first cycle with this baby, fell pregnant.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sashie For This Useful Post:

GemimaPuddleduck  (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well not giving up on OPKs yet, todays is about the same if not slightly lighter than yesterdays, however I have an abundance of EWCM!!! I dont think i have ever seen this much of it! I also have been experiencing sensations like O on both sides though 2 days apart! So i believe i will be O today or tomorrow....
    @Lil Smurfy glad im not the only one who gets ewcm before AF! Lets just hope im not having a weird or extremely short cycle this time

I am thinking of purchasing preseed however im not totally sold on it and am on a very tight budget at the moment and hoping i dont need it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Secretly Hoping you don't need preseed if you have so much ewcm lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm also having problems with my OPKs. There is just no second line coming up at all, not even faintly. Maybe I've got a dodgy batch..