+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default midwife group practice Wollongong

How long did it take for Wollongong mgp to get back to you to tell you if you got in or not?
    I applied nearly 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by Kykyyy; 03-10-2015 at 13:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I waited 2.5 weeks. They have their meetings of a Wednesday. I found out when I popped into the clinic and asked (I work at the hospital, so it was easy for me to do).

They told me then that I got in. They said I hadn't heard because I did get it & my midwife called that afternoon. Maybe just wait until Wednesday afternoon to chase up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Seachange View Post
    I waited 2.5 weeks. They have their meetings of a Wednesday. I found out when I popped into the clinic and asked (I work at the hospital, so it was easy for me to do).

They told me then that I got in. They said I hadn't heard because I did get it & my midwife called that afternoon. Maybe just wait until Wednesday afternoon to chase up.
    Thanks heaps I'll wait till Thursday and give them a call! Hope I get it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck. It is really nice to be able to call 1 midwife directly who knows you.

They work in teams of 2 or 3, so if your midwife is called to a birth or something you see one of the others in the team. At my last appointment, my midwife had been at a birth all night, so I saw one of the others. She was fantastic as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck. It is really nice to be able to call 1 midwife directly
    who knows you.

They work in teams of 2 or 3, so if your midwife is called to a birth or something you see one of the others in the team. At my last appointment, my midwife had been at a birth all night, so I saw one of the others. She was fantastic as well.
    Yeah that's why I really want to get in because it's my first and I'm abit nervous about the whole labour situation I feel i would feel more comfortable with someone who has seen me my whole pregnancy? How far along are you?
    I'm 9w3days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with it all. I'm 19+4 now. I called them at 3+4 to get in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with it all. I'm 19+4 now. I called them at 3+4 to get in!
    Wow you found out really early! I called at 7 weeks cause I didn't know what things were available until my doctor told me at 7 weeks then I went straight to the hospital after she explained he midwife program! Fingers crossed thanks so much for your help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed! I got the info from other girls at work, before I got pregnant. They told me to call as soon as I got a +Ve wee test! I have heard of people calling before they even tell their partners.

People get on early, but once you have your booking appointment, you then also have to see the ob to get signed off as low risk, so people can get removed at any point, I.e. If they become high risk. If you don't get in straight away, ask them to keep you on a back up list or something and keep going through the general clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you heard anything?