+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default So confused by my body...

Don't exactly what the point of my post is.... don't know if anyone will have answers for me, but I guess this also just a vent.

So we've been ttc this month. I used an OPK around the time that I thought O would be. On the 22nd I got 2 lines, but the test line was not as dark as the control line. On the 23rd the test line was as dark as the control, so a positive. We BD 4 times during that window - before/after. I used an OPK again a few days after and only got control line.

From 6 dpo I've been getting a stitch type cramping feeling low down on the left hand side of my abdomen, along with nausea if I don't eat often enough, and in the last 2 days breast tenderness. All good signs right? Wrong!

So now at what should be 10 dpo AF has arrived. Lots of fresh red blood, so def not implantation bleeding.

I just don't know what the hell is going on with my body! Why has AF arrived only 9-10 days after my LH surge/ovulation? Why did I get cramps only on one side in one specific spot (quite intense last night)? Why did I get all the rest of the pregnancy symptoms? None of that has ever happened before.

Just so confused and dissapointed And now wondering whether I should get checked out for other issues (PCOS/endo?? Both run in my family).

Any help/advice/words of wisdom would be appreciated...

ETA - This is our 6th cycle of trying after a mmc in march/april. I'm 35, so starting to get worried about fertility issues.
    Last edited by Frankenmum; 03-10-2015 at 06:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    sorry to hear you're confused. I found the whole ttc thing frustrating and confusing too. I hated opks, I only used the digi ones (that give you a smiley face) one month and didn't fall that month either. are you temping? I started off temping to confirm I was actually ovulating. even that was a bit weird each month, like some months I supposedly ovulated quite late and as I'm only 26 day cycles, I started to worry I had a luteal phase defect.

in the end I found monitoring my cm (ew tmi I know lol) the best. I don't get much but I started taking these fertile cm tablets and drinking more water and I found I was getting a bit around o time.

the month we actually fell, we weren't even trying as I was a bit over ttc and the regimented BD so we just had sex twice that weekend without a second thought (it was my o time though) and bam, I was utd.

I found the stress of monitoring and micromanaging really put me off and made it more confusing and frustrating.

have you been trying long? have you got any known issues (pcos, endo etc)? what about hubby, has he got sperm issues (quality, quantity etc)? if you're really concerned then a visit to the gp can't hurt but unfortunately it's one of those things that you can control up to a certain point then you just have to let nature take its course!

all the best

3. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (03-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @turquoisecoast. We've been trying around 6 cycles. Had a mc in March/April.

This is the first month that I've used OPKs, i just wanted to make sure I was o'ing. I don't get much cm, and have never had much luck temping (I always forget to do it before I get up).

I've been trying to just be relaxed about it, but my sister & a close friend both announced pregnancies this week, so I guess my failure this month is just more of a kick in the guts than usual.

I know I need to stop the pity party though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There's a lot in your post @Frankenmum so I'll try my best!

Firstly, is this your first month ttc? It can take months & months. Don't expect it to happen overnight. Have you just come off contraception? It can take a few cycles to get normal again.

Second, have you also been monitoring your temps? This is probably the only way to really make sure your ovulating. Opks are great but they don't necessarily mean you have actually ovulated, as you can still have a surge but the egg doesn't release. I always use temps as a first indicator.

Thirdly, it is considered normal to have a 10 day luteal phase, so it could just be af arriving as per normal. It is also possible that you had a chemical pregnancy. But unfortunately you will never know.

Fourth, cramps on the side around O time are common. I get them myself. So it could have been that or maybe you had a cyst form or something perhaps. Or perhaps they were just cramps to do with af? Hard to know really.

Keep trying & see how next cycle tracks & if you keep having shorter luteals & your concerned then go & see your doctor.

I hope that helps you hun

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Snooze For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (03-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default So confused by my body...

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    Thanks @turquoisecoast. We've been trying around 6 cycles. Had a mc in March/April.

This is the first month that I've used OPKs, i just wanted to make sure I was o'ing. I don't get much cm, and have never had much luck temping (I always forget to do it before I get up).

I've been trying to just be relaxed about it, but my sister & a close friend both announced pregnancies this week, so I guess my failure this month is just more of a kick in the guts than usual.

I know I need to stop the pity party though.
    nah totally get you. when we were ttc it felt like everyone was just falling pregnant at the drop of a hat. every announcement felt like another blow and confirmation of us somehow being defective. it's such a private thing and such a big deal that it's hard to not take personally.

yeah little to no EWCM is hard. that's why I started taking those tablets, although I do question how effective they really were as I didn't see much of an improvement really.

would you give the digital opks a shot? they're a bit exy but I found them less ambiguous than the manual ones.

I'm sorry to hear about the mc earlier this year.

chin up lady xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (03-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am certainly not an expert on this but I wanted to send hugs. Ttc is so stressful.

It could be possible that stress may have affected it this month.

Give it at least another month with OPK's and like a previous suggestion maybe temp (I have never done either due to PCOS so I am no help there!).

Be kind to yourself. If you have more than 3 weird cycles in a row then go to the dr.

Especially since you have been TTC for 6 months already.

And if you need to vent away! It is better to vent than holding it in. GL.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (03-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    after about 5-6 cycles of unprotected sex, I was starting to feel concerned. I said to myself that if we'd not conceived by my 35th bday then I'd go see the gp. I didn't want to leave it any longer after that as I didn't feel we had the luxury of time on our side.

it does take a while but you also need to know when to talk to a doctor about it. how old are you (if you don't mind my asking!)?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (03-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice and kind words ladies. It has helped me to stop being a blubbering mess this morning! I blame the hormones

I think I might invest in a good thermometer today and get a digi opk for next month. Then if we're not succesful next month either I'll go see a Dr.

I think it was just a combination this morning of crashing down from having false hope for this month, having 2 pregnancy announcements to deal with, and that niggling little fear that I can usually push to the back of my mind, but that became overwhelming today, that I may face a future with fertility issues.

It also sucks that DH's will never quite understand the impact of having to deal with the dissapointment that AF brings, but then having to be faced with that heartbreak all day for days on end as you literally have to watch your dreams being flushed down the toilet. Sigh! Wish I was a man, lol!

Anyway, I think a day of retail therapy is in order! So I'll go and wash off the puffy red eyes and cover them with some 'war paint' ready to face the day!

Thanks again xo

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (03-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you done a pregnancy test? It sounds eerily like when I had my ectopics. I really hope its not though

Thanks
    Reviews
    My other suggestion is getting some of your favourite wine/beer/cider/spirit or if you are not a drinker your favourite food and having a drink or eat the fav meal today. Chocolate is always good.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (03-10-2015)