+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default NT Testing for twins

Hi all!
    We are currently 9 weeks along with our twins. My GP mentioned that the standard 12 week NT testing isn't as accurate with twins as it is with a singleton. Would love some more info on this if anyone has any?! Apparently further testing is available (Harmony Test - $580 not covered by medicare). Has anyone had experience with this additional test?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Jesse, I've had the harmony test done (but I was only having a singleton) and I'm pretty sure they are not accurate for multiples.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    None of the testing is AS accurate for multiples... but you can still get it done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had harmony but it was also for singleton. I believe they CAN do it but the accuracy decreases.

I'd just go with the NT and see what it comes back as. if you're deemed to be high risk, you can always move to harmony.

amnio is the only way to know for sure but then you've got the risk of miscarriage. I'd see how your NT results stack up and go from there.

we paid $475 for harmony at Freemasons in east melb and it was 100% out of pocket.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

MrsA2B  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok great!
    Thanks everyone for the info
    Might just stick to the standard NT testing and see how we go, and if necessary, look into Harmony. Amnio scares the crap out of me!!

Thanks guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey jessy. I did the harmony test for twins as I'm 43 years old so my nt test came back in the high risk range. Blood and scan were normal but i automatically got pushed into the high risk bracket cos of my age. Did the harmony and it came back 1/10 000 which is normal too. Still not quite sure how accurate harmony is with twins. But of a worry. How did you go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 10 month old twins and was told i couldnt have the harmony test as its bot accurate for multiple..both my ob and ultrasound people told me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sub