+ Reply to Thread

Default IVF cost, cycle duration and Medicare Safety Net,

I am 39yo, was planning to do my first IVF cycle in November but recently found out about Medicare Safety Net.

Since I barely spent any medical expense this year, I will pay most of the cost if I do it in November.

Can anyone please tell me if the IVF cycle treatment cost can be counted into Medicare Safety Net threshold?

If so, I may consider waiting till next January so that I can get rebate at least on the second cycle.

Another concern other than cost is, if I start early November, it will be near X-mas by the time I do the embryo injection?? I am worried about the timing. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As i understand it, all Medicare rebateable stuff counts towards the safety net. Most IVF cycle stuff is Medicare rebateable, but not some things like donor sperm if needed, cost of special things like embryo glue, or cost of freezing and storage i dont think is included either.

I have heard there are some changes coming to the Safety Net from next year, so might be worth checking out how they might affect you. Good luck.

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-09-2015, 12:28
  2. IVF & Medicare...
    By Hilton04 in forum IVF
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-07-2015, 22:28
  3. Phi and Medicare
    By maternidade in forum General Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2015, 09:15