+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 18month sleep regression

My LO is now 19months but I believe he is going thru the 18month sleep regression. Used to happily fall asleep by himself in cot at night but now, he doesn't want to be put in his cot. He jus wants to be held to sleep and will wake up around 11pm and sit up in bed but he is actually half asleep then will fall asleep sitting up.....

Is this normal?? Its like he doesn't want to lie down.. Anyone else's LO going thru 18month regression.....?

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Could he be teething as well? I've read that the pressure from lying flat makes teething more painful so elevating his cot or giving him a flat pillow may help? We just went through the regression but it was pretty short lived. His teeth have definitely been bothering him for ages though, the molars and now the canines! He has also started talking in his sleep and often sits up or stands in his sleep---so much going on in their little minds right now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeap we r teething too- the canines r coming thru. His mattress is already elevated
    We try to lay him back down but he doesn't want to, so I end up picking him up...I hope just a phase. I did think that perhaps he would be a sleep walker/talker as he is asleep whilst sitting...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Omg the 18mth one almost killed me with dd1. Suffice to say it was horrible and lasted 4-5 mths.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    My ds did this 2 months ago. It sucked! He was teething around the same time too. Lasted about a month but once he got over it he started going to bed earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou21 View Post
    My LO is now 19months but I believe he is going thru the 18month sleep regression. Used to happily fall asleep by himself in cot at night but now, he doesn't want to be put in his cot. He jus wants to be held to sleep and will wake up around 11pm and sit up in bed but he is actually half asleep then will fall asleep sitting up.....

Is this normal?? Its like he doesn't want to lie down.. Anyone else's LO going thru 18month regression.....?

Hi LouLou Just wondering if your LO has settled back into their normal routine?
    My DS is almost 18 months and has slept through the night since 10 weeks, except for the last month. Lots of waking up or hours of crying not wanting to go to bed at night (previously was happily put into cot wide awake and would wave goodnight then roll over and go to sleep). I notice him standing a lot with his head on the rail and then he will doze off and jerk himself awake but if I go in and lay him down he screams and stands up again......is there a light at the end of this tunnel? Any tips with the standing up? I'm stressed because nothing has changed in his routine or surroundings but we will be moving house in a month and I'm sure that will be a big impact on him too 😥 he is definitely teething but he has cut molars before and it hasn't disturbed his sleeping.