+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant with IVF twins. Over 40.

We went back to the Magician Wazza for another round. We ended up with 2 good embryos and since I'm over 40 he put both in. The chances of even one taking were slim. Well whaddya know at our 7 week viability scan there were 2 sacs and 2hb!!! We were actually more prepared for bad news and no hb than that! Anyway, sitting at 10wks now and waiting for the fear to set in. Trying not to think about it til that 12 week mark. We're over the moon of course and so far i haven't had any ms or problems except a bit tired everyday. We've already got a DS miracle 20 months.
    Anyone else out there with twins and want to share the journey? I'm not really sure on the risks with being 43 and pregnant with twins. Booked in for harmony bt and nuchal at 12 weeks. I guess GD and pre eclampsia could become a worry later on.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (29-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in to say congrats!
    My DS miracle was 25mths when my twins were born (my only 2 embryos from that cycle too) they're now 8mths...it's really hard work but very much worth it. All the best

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rice For This Useful Post:

MusicalGal  (29-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rice. Any tips? DS isn't gonna know what hit him when they arrive! He was our first miracle and gets all the attention! 😉 i plan on joining our local multiple births club and hoping to find some online support groups too. Thank goodness DS is sttn and eating well. For now anyway! Can't imagine what it'll b like trying to keep up with him during the day after being up all night feeding twins! 😯

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were the same, but you've got the next 6mths to prep DS about whats coming. We did a lot of work towards making him feel like a big boy and it really paid off (got rid of his dummy, sleeping bag, moved him to a cot). Put some thought into setting up our home for the new arrivals and my big tip is to get stuff sorted waaay earlier than you did first pregnancy...by 30 weeks I was really struggling and tired and then twins made an early arrival at 36 weeks so be organised! I could tell you a million tips I've learnt (some the hard way)...I'm not sure how to PM but if you work it out, pm me for more

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rice For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (29-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hey @MusicalGal congratulations! There are a few ovvr 40s with twins over here

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=546401

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those who already have number 1 and are pregnant with twins or have their twins. .... What car do you have? ??!!

We're currently in the throes of looking for a new car as my Honda CRV won't fit 3 seats across. I've been researching car seat widths etc and want to use the Infasecure seats as they have recline positions . Kompressor seems the skinniest and i already have a Luxi Caprice for DS.

We've been trialing mini vans (Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tarago and The Kluger.) No matter which car we have though, it seems we'll still have problems with 2 rear facing and the 1 fwd facing. That middle seat access is difficult Aaaargh!!!! What have others done?
    Last edited by MusicalGal; 08-11-2015 at 19:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in to mention we have a Honda crv (2010 model I think) and have 3 seats in the back...all safe n sounds. Meridian forward facing in the middle for our almost 3yo, unity capsule behind passenger and Compaq mak2 rear facing behind driver - we had baby bunting fit them and they were great at finding the right seats that would fit with our toddlers existing seat. I wanted at least one capsule that would go on our pram (mb duet).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rice For This Useful Post:

MusicalGal  (12-11-2015)