+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you have a local community/neighbourhood house? They often run free or very cheap occasional care, which can coincide with classes. They also run playgroups, music sessions, and just general courses aimed at helping people (generally run by women, for women). They can be a wonderful way of meeting other people in the same situation, or who understand what it's like to be in your shoes.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    That's great. I've honestly never seen it so I probably should have qualified what I wrote. Also canteen goes for 3 and a half hours which is a long time for small kids (you can do shorter hours but they prefer the whole morning in my experience).
    The way our canteen works is that the longest shift is 2 hours. Kids pre-order lunch and recess two days in advance. The money is counted on pre-order day, food tallied, and lunch order bags seperated in to different groups. Then, on canteen day the orders are put together and are in the class crates by 11am for kids to comeand collect and take back to the claasroom to be distributed. It's a super efficient system, designed to encourage more volunteers. The half hour session is making a fruit salad for kids to collect for fruit break. Again, pre-ordered.

Different circumstances for me but i feel you, My wife moved out roughly six months back (3 days notice), my family dont really do feelings. As my marriage was long dead before she left, I have tried to get back out, but as I.ve not been allowed out or staying home with my partner who used to kids health to cover up her anxiety I've lost (been forgotten by) most of my friends, and even trying to join a group is difficult as i don't even know who i am anymore, I have an introverted nature so new friends is a very hard and scary prospect for me.

Either way If it wasn't total awks i'd give you a big hug

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marcthehuman For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (16-11-2015)