+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does anyone else's Toddler ALWAYS wake up cranky..

My DD always wakes up cranky, she is 21 months and when she wakes up from her afternoon sleep she is always in the foulest mood for a good half hour it drives me crazy. She wakes happily in the mornings no dramas but that afternoon sleep I can never catch her in a good mood.. Does anyone else baby or toddler do this? Any tips to help her wake up happy?

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Yeah ds always does this. Sometimes he will be happy if I bf him to wake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If he wakes on his own he's usually ok but if I wake him he's grumpy for ages! Never wants to get out of his sleeping bag and it drives me made!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Does anyone else's Toddler ALWAYS wake up cranky..

I find Dd wakes up quite happy if she goes down around midday, any later and she wakes up late and a little cranky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She only has one day sleep at 1pm until 2:30/3pm, by mornings I mean after she sleeps the night. Glad I'm not the only one my 7 month always wakes up so incredibly happy it's sickening next to my toddler lol.
    Unfortunately we weaned a few weeks ago although I have found her moods and tantrums have dramatically decreased since weaning so that's a plus just not after a nap lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not every day but yes, my DD sometimes wakes up very cranky. A change of scenery usually fixes it for us, so going outside, down to the letterbox etc. But sometimes she is so foul I just end up leaving her to her revolting mood and getting on with my housework until she eventually snaps out of it. It's not much fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MillieMollyMandy View Post
    Not every day but yes, my DD sometimes wakes up very cranky. A change of scenery usually fixes it for us, so going outside, down to the letterbox etc. But sometimes she is so foul I just end up leaving her to her revolting mood and getting on with my housework until she eventually snaps out of it. It's not much fun!
    This is usually my idea. But he won't take the sleeping bag off! I now do a cuddle in front of cbeebies until he snaps out of it and I can safely get the sleeping bag off...😳

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 (24 months) doesn't always wake up cranky, but it is a fairly regular occurrence, especially after his day sleep. I can't pinpoint why it happens sometimes but not others- all I can assume is that it depends where he is in his REM cycle, or that maybe he's inherited my tendency for having vivid dreams. It's always a bit of a lottery whether you're going to get happy boy or grumpy-pants irrational boy. When it's the latter, there's not much I can do except give him hugs and wait for him to get over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, my DD always did this. Every, single, day lol. She dropped her day nap by 18 months and I was thrilled to bits to not have to deal with it anymore!