Closed Thread
Page 96 of 107 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli Warren's just done my baseline scans to send over to Cape Town and he's found some mild adenmyosis (or however it's spelled) that he said won't affect implantation - is that what you were told too?? He said he could do further tests on it by ordering an MRI but shouldn't need to. Just curious if we're both hearing the same thing hon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (23-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone had their other half be diagnosed with high FISH levels? DH has had his first sperm test for this and it's 12% which is over the normal level. Warren said it will drop our chances of success by a couple of per cent. I'm just nervous about doing the donor egg cycle in SA... Warren said we may consider fertilising 3/4 of the donor eggs with DH's sperm, and 1/4 with donor sperm. Not even sure if DH would go for that. It's alway been my problem, and now we find out another reason why we've done 7 stim cycles with no success...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations cjocoh71 and Jennski that is brilliant news. I had a little scare yesterday with some spotting so my doctor had me in for scan. Thank god all is ok! the little bean is growing normally and heart rate was normal. We could only see one. Doctor said as I'm only 6 weeks maybe if there is second one it could show in the next scan in two weeks. She wasn't hopeful though. I'm just happy there is still heartbeat and the bleed has stopped. Apparently some women just bleed and its not always a problem.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (22-12-2015),JulieMalooley  (22-12-2015),Tahli  (22-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly99 View Post
    Congratulations cjocoh71 and Jennski that is brilliant news. I had a little scare yesterday with some spotting so my doctor had me in for scan. Thank god all is ok! the little bean is growing normally and heart rate was normal. We could only see one. Doctor said as I'm only 6 weeks maybe if there is second one it could show in the next scan in two weeks. She wasn't hopeful though. I'm just happy there is still heartbeat and the bleed has stopped. Apparently some women just bleed and its not always a problem.
    @Lolly99 I had two bleeds and no issues. Still super scary each time though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    @Lolly99 I had two bleeds and no issues. Still super scary each time though.
    Thanks Julie. Had a funny not funny story from yesterday. I told my boss (sort of had to tell her about trip to SA) about bleeding and she was like oh well that happens nothing you can do blah blah - she fell pregnant naturally of course and also a work collegue knows as she has two ivf babies herself and she was hysterical and crying for me, messaging me all evening.

I think us ivf ladies have so much more insight...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (22-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations cjocoh71 and jennski on the twins.

Mamakes - you are the first person I've heard say they have been told they have a bulky uterus. I have been told that several times myself and when I asked what that means I was never told it had anything to do with a problem. I thought it just meant I had a saggy baggy uterus because of my age!! I do know from scans that it is hard to see the difference between the lining and the uterus wall as the lining is growing into it a bit. Now I'm going to worry it will affect my chances of falling pregnant again! It didn't seem to be a problem with my first pregnancy so I'm guessing there are varying degrees of it and if it isn't too bad then it's not a problem. I hope so anyway.

AFM Kinny from EDSA let me know when my donor was starting her treatment. Haven't heard anything from Cyndi so I'll have to chase it up and find out how it's going. I think egg collection should be in about a weeks time. I guess it's too early just yet to know how many follicles are developing. It would be nice to be kept in the loop.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (22-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    congrats to those with bffp sounds like a few- super exciting!! For those with disappointments keep trying and be strong my thoughts are with you baby dust to you!

We have just had our anatomy scan at 18wk 6 days to get in before Xmas and everything is looking good with our little one (yay!) We had confirmation of the sex with a very unglamorous view. It's quite reassuring to know there is something in there, and im now looking forward to feeling something and getting an unmistakable baby bump ! I finally told a few people the rest can wait till next year !

Merry Christmas

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (22-12-2015),Jennski  (30-12-2015),JulieMalooley  (22-12-2015),SalSA2015  (22-12-2015),Sunnygirl04  (22-12-2015),Tahli  (23-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BB4Me View Post
    Congratulations cjocoh71 and jennski on the twins.

Mamakes - you are the first person I've heard say they have been told they have a bulky uterus. I have been told that several times myself and when I asked what that means I was never told it had anything to do with a problem. I thought it just meant I had a saggy baggy uterus because of my age!! I do know from scans that it is hard to see the difference between the lining and the uterus wall as the lining is growing into it a bit. Now I'm going to worry it will affect my chances of falling pregnant again! It didn't seem to be a problem with my first pregnancy so I'm guessing there are varying degrees of it and if it isn't too bad then it's not a problem. I hope so anyway.

AFM Kinny from EDSA let me know when my donor was starting her treatment. Haven't heard anything from Cyndi so I'll have to chase it up and find out how it's going. I think egg collection should be in about a weeks time. I guess it's too early just yet to know how many follicles are developing. It would be nice to be kept in the loop.
    BB4me haha is that what you've heard it called? A baggy uterus? I just found out it's spelled adenomyosis (thanks Google). Warren said it can affect implantation however my case is mild so it's sounds like it's worth checking. It was quite clear on the scan today but no FS has ever raised it before and God knows how many scans I've had over 7 stim IVF Cycles, 2 IUIs and countless timed cycles. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a question. For those of you who have had a bfp and also done intrallipids. What weeks did you get them done again when you got back home? My doctor has asked me if I want to book in more and I'm not sure. Thanks so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishhelllsbells View Post
    I have a question. For those of you who have had a bfp and also done intrallipids. What weeks did you get them done again when you got back home? My doctor has asked me if I want to book in more and I'm not sure. Thanks so much.
    I got one as soon as I could after BFP then was meant to be every 10 days but I stretched them out to about every 15-17 days as I had no hospital cover so it was expensive. I was doing the high dose fish oil at the same time though so was comfortable with that frequency.