Closed Thread
Page 94 of 106 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly99 View Post
    Hi girls just having a question about my treatment plan from CFC. I'm supposed to start alternating the gestone and crinone for the next week then switch to crinone only till week 11. I bought extra gestone for times when I don't want crinone like beach, camping etc. is it ok to just change it up? Did anyone take till week 13 like ivf here has you do? Thanks!
    Hi Lolly99 I just stayed on the gestone/crinone combo until 13 weeks. Gestone every 2nd day

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Lolly99  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone used Sunshine Egg Donors or AbabySA and have anything to share on that experience?

Plus any other really important questions to ask before reserving a donor. I'm down to a final two - one from each agency... Thanks in advance x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    Has anyone used Sunshine Egg Donors or AbabySA and have anything to share on that experience?

Plus any other really important questions to ask before reserving a donor. I'm down to a final two - one from each agency... Thanks in advance x
    I used Ababysa and they were great. Ask how they are a proven donor (if they are), what their egg pickups were like, how many pregnancies, what their Amh is.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mamakes .. I went through sunshine and they were fantastic rikki was genuine caring and honest and we caught up for a coffee when over there. When I chose my donor I contacted cape to get the stats on them. I went for a young and successful donor as well as more personal and medical criteria. Good luck with choosing. My advice don't ponder too long go for it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (19-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    I used Ababysa and they were great. Ask how they are a proven donor (if they are), what their egg pickups were like, how many pregnancies, what their Amh is.
    Thanks Julie.. So far they've been good to communicate with. The donor I've chosen (1 of 2 finalists haha) is 31, 3 kids of own age 13,10 and 6), very healthy lady and I have a sort of connected feeling with her, plus she has done her medicals (scans etc) recently for a cycle that was cancelled due to a surrogate falling through. Will check her AMH next.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (19-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ferngirl View Post
    Mamakes .. I went through sunshine and they were fantastic rikki was genuine caring and honest and we caught up for a coffee when over there. When I chose my donor I contacted cape to get the stats on them. I went for a young and successful donor as well as more personal and medical criteria. Good luck with choosing. My advice don't ponder too long go for it
    Thanks Ferngirl. Sunshine has my second favourite whose young and proven with 4 cycles at CFC under her belt and 2 recipient pregnancies. Do you remember if it was a 16,500 rand 'admin fee' you paid Sunshine? I just received my first invoice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    Thanks Ferngirl. Sunshine has my second favourite whose young and proven with 4 cycles at CFC under her belt and 2 recipient pregnancies. Do you remember if it was a 16,500 rand 'admin fee' you paid Sunshine? I just received my first invoice.
    MamaKes 16500 was the price that Sunshine just quoted me in an email.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I remember from my experience with Sunshine it was 16500 for a proven donor and 14500 for unproven. They also discounted the second donor I was going to go with in January to about 12500 after our first trip in May failed. Rikki said they knew how expensive the process was so gave us the discount for the second attempt - and she was a proven donor as well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaJane75 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (19-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds about right around $1500

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (19-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Another vote for Dr LeR

I had great things to say about Dr LeR until today. But now his status has been further upgraded after my first u/s that yielded 2 sacs, with 2 babes and 2 heartbeats. Needlesstosay, my DP and I are over the moon and highly recommend him!

@lolly: I too was taking Gestone (have absolutely hated it!) and shortly after receiving confirmation of my BFP, and two successively increasing HCG counts, my Gestone was reduced to every other day, augmented by Prometrium pill balls taken vaginally (an alt form of Progesterone). I'm thrilled to report that I have 5 Gestone shots remaining and then will continue with the Prometrium until end of week 12. I used Crinone during my first ED cycle and found it messy, but certainly anything is better than the Gestone. Best of luck!

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cjocoh71 For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (19-12-2015),Gen72  (19-12-2015),Jennski  (21-12-2015),JulieMalooley  (19-12-2015),Lolly99  (19-12-2015),MamaKes  (19-12-2015),MrsErinR  (19-12-2015),Outoftime  (21-12-2015),SalSA2015  (19-12-2015),Tahli  (19-12-2015),wazbub  (19-12-2015)