Closed Thread
Page 93 of 107 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I love Dr Le Roux

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (16-12-2015),Tahli  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive had contact with dr lr as well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (16-12-2015),Tahli  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy69 View Post
    Tahli - I have always used Dr LeR in SA and think he is great. Good Luck.
    Hey Cathy69, Emski72 and Midnite01 - I'm feeling doubly reassured now that I've made the right choice I made in Dr LeR now. Tahli sounds like you can have confidence too darl. I emailed him directly and he's responded answering my (probably annoyingly basic) questions promptly each time. He also said he would be honoured to assist one of wazza's patients.. So that was a big brownie point too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies I've just emailed Karin from Dr LeR's office today and her reply email says it's a public holiday there today, 16 December - just thought I'd share in case anyone else was trying to get through.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Lolly99  (16-12-2015),Tahli  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, @MrsErinR Dr W is my normal FS but while I was lying down after my transfer a few weeks ago I fired some questions his way about what could be done differently next time and there wasn't anything so I'd love some-one new to look over my notes, esp now that I have 3 failed CFC transfers behind me.
    Dr W didn't even know I'd been pregnant 2-3 wks prior to the transfer which bothered me.
    Thanks girls. It sounds like Dr LR is the way to go. @emski72 I think you need a t-shirt made up with that on it!!
    My next CFC double embryo FET is booked in for 22nd Jan.
    Nobody has had their embryos pre genetic tested after freezing have they? I'm just grasping at straws at this stage.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

emski72  (16-12-2015),MamaKes  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tahli,
    I understand Genesis Genetic can test frozen embryos. We are looking into this for our next transfer but have only got the contact details at the moment
    Drop a line to Jaysen Knezovich.. His details are
    Email: jaysen@genesisgenetics.org
    +27 11 784 5444
    He may be able to answer your questions.. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps @SalSA2015 I just checked out their website. I think I've decided I'm too chicken to thaw, test and then refreeze, then rethaw my remaining 3 embryos. If I have to do a completely new donor cycle then I'll definitely do PGS right from the start as it removes one more seed of doubt when implantation just isn't happening. Good luck with your testing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls just having a question about my treatment plan from CFC. I'm supposed to start alternating the gestone and crinone for the next week then switch to crinone only till week 11. I bought extra gestone for times when I don't want crinone like beach, camping etc. is it ok to just change it up? Did anyone take till week 13 like ivf here has you do? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Thanks heaps @SalSA2015 I just checked out their website. I think I've decided I'm too chicken to thaw, test and then refreeze, then rethaw my remaining 3 embryos. If I have to do a completely new donor cycle then I'll definitely do PGS right from the start as it removes one more seed of doubt when implantation just isn't happening. Good luck with your testing!
    Hey Tahli. I like the sound of doing the PGS if I were you... Have you been recommended to do PGS for donor cycles before? I'm wondering as I like you and others want to ensure we think of everything that can help. To be honest, I don't know a lot about it as we were told by our FS to not bother testing any of our embryros - they were all crap!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    Offshorechick do you ever feel like your DH is going to get frustrated with the whole decision and what's involved and change his mind? I do. Scares the crap out of me. It's only in little moments that I realise that he truly does want this for us too, despite me very obviously wanting it a whole lot more. Like last night when he dreamt I was 10 weeks pregnant (and winging about the heat, he adds)... Yep that would be me!!
    MamaKes I did worry about DH changing his mind all the time. He's so casual about the whole thing and I mistook that for not caring. We had a big talk about it. Tears were shed. The air was cleared and he put me straight. He wants a baby. He was way more onboard with everything once we went to a FS and were told flat out that ED is our best option. DH is no good with research and computers so he's happy for me to do all the paperwork and correspondence. I've just asked him to be more accommodating when I have questions or need him to look at something I have regarding the matter. He looked through the donor site with me and was quite vocal and gave me a lot of feedback. I'm forging ahead and he's happy to tag along.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (17-12-2015)