Closed Thread
Page 91 of 106 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, @MrsErinR if I continue to get bfn's over the next few days I'll be heading back for my remaining embryos over the Australia Day long weekend too! Do you have frozen embryos from your daughters successful cycle?
    Cool, I'll go with Dr M. I initially had email communication with her and she was so lovely, plus seeing her in the waiting room welcoming patients she seems so warm.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (14-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    From my vague memory the AMH donor testing is only about $100.
    Thanks Tahli how are you feeling? Do you know if you can get it done before 'committing' as such to a donor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    Yes you can get AMH tested. It's well worth it in my opinion. It saved us from using a donor that likely would have given us very little in the way of eggs. It's not very expensive. From memory a little more than we pay here, but not more than $100.
    Thanks MrsErinR. That's really helpful. So how would you be able to compare their AMH scales of good to bad to Aussie equivalents as they're different aren't they? Did anyone get the advice of a FS at CFC to help decide?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #11

Hi all thought I'd drop in and say hi, good luck with all those working through their plans and with trips to ct. I'm nearly 18 weeks! I have my 20 week scan next week fingers crossed. I have found the pregnancy thing not too bad other than the tiredness ! I've been pretty stressed though and last about 2 days after an ultrasound before starting up again ( bloody mc's! ) I found a lot of relief in buying a Doppler, it's a relief to come home and hear a little heartbeat... I have a sonarline b if anyone's interested. Anyway good luck everyone baby dust and Christmas wishes..

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

Aspire  (15-12-2015),ECM1981  (15-12-2015),Gen72  (14-12-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-12-2015),MamaKes  (14-12-2015),Outoftime  (14-12-2015),SalSA2015  (15-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    Thanks MrsErinR. That's really helpful. So how would you be able to compare their AMH scales of good to bad to Aussie equivalents as they're different aren't they? Did anyone get the advice of a FS at CFC to help decide?
    You can find conversions online. I can't remember exactly what they are but someone here who's done it recently can probably tell you. I had paid for the donor through the agency before getting the AMH tested and they helped me find another donor for no extra charge. Not sure what would happen if you then wanted to change agencies. I'd hope they would give you a refund though. Maybe that's a question to ask the agency.

When the AMH results came in, the FS contacted me to recommend that we don't do ahead with that donor.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (15-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, @MrsErinR if I continue to get bfn's over the next few days I'll be heading back for my remaining embryos over the Australia Day long weekend too! Do you have frozen embryos from your daughters successful cycle?
    Cool, I'll go with Dr M. I initially had email communication with her and she was so lovely, plus seeing her in the waiting room welcoming patients she seems so warm.
    Yes, we have frosties from the same cycle. We were very lucky to get a lot from our donor.

Well I hope I don't see you in January due to a BFP coming your way, but if by chance you're there at the same time as me it would be lovely to meet up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @Tahli, do u know what dosage of the intrallipids they gave u in CT? Do they give 250ml like LB does??? Or 500ml like Dr M in Syd?

I think I've decided that I'll do the intrallipids with LB for our first FET, but if I don't get a BFP, then the next one I'll bite the bullet and fly to Syd for the full dose with Dr M. It's really bothering me that he recommends more.. I'm gonna ask LB's nurse if she'll consider the 500ml but I'm guessing it'll be a no. Doesn't hurt to ask and know once and for all!
    I think you should definitely ask for 500ml. I know the bottles come in 500ml coz thats what I had. My Dr in Perth gave it to me. I think push for it. Do they give you a reason why you cant have 500ml? I dont think its harmful to have too much of it, i mean within reason- dont overdose on it especially as its loaded with calories! I always just thought 500ml was the standard dose. Goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does any-one know if any of the CFC FSs believe in immune issues/protocol. I know Dr W doesn't and he's my normal FS but he'll be away for my next transfer in Jan, so I was wondering who to go with next. I'm thinking Dr M as she's so lovely but I need my next FS to support a strong immune protocol.
    Im also with Dr W and he said he didnt believe in it but he was the one who recommended it after my first bfn. I agree Dr M was lovely, i would live to have her as my fulltime FS. Im considering changing to her once i figure out what im doing. Good luck Tahli xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr M is lovely. I liked her a lot and she was not very popular on this thread but I couldn't recommend her more.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (15-12-2015),Tahli  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have it on good authority that travelling donors is illegal in Australia especially if they are not on the donor register here. I wouldn't give money to a person just flashing potential donors before me just for money.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (15-12-2015)