Closed Thread
Page 82 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    PSStar, I knew there was someone else! Good luck for your FET, happy travels.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

pinkshootingstar  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Jennski, sorry, got your PM. Just away from home until tomorrow, will mail Crinone as soon as I get home, hope all is going well.

sunny

Thanks
    Reviews
    PSS and Tahli: I visited Sarah Hewland four times while in CT, including twice before transfer (was going in for a day 3 which then got pushed to a day 5). I found her very calming and at the very least it's very relaxing which I think is a good thing on transfer day!
    Hi to everyone else.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Outoftime, this will be our third trip so I was hoping for an improved response compared to the previous trips but it is much the same. Hope your plans go to schedule. It will hopefully be easier to organize for Feb as less likely people will be wanting holidays like at xmas.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

Outoftime  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tahli, I saw Sarah Hewland on my last trip and only did acupuncture twice, before and after transfer.
    I am sceptical about acupuncture's benefits after doing it every two weeks for 12 months for the final IVF treatment with my own eggs (bfn).
    I do believe that laying down relaxing for an hour listening to calming music has got to be good for you and if the needles help then that's a bonus. I will be making a booking with Sarah next time if I can too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly99 View Post
    @JulieMallooley I'm too scared to poas!! my blood test is for next Tuesday and I just said to DH I might wait till Wednesday to take it!
    @ECM1981 Cathy is correct, I was googling last night as I'm thinking I should bring back more gestone or crinone and was looking at what would be more effective. According to google they both are as effective but being on crinone you can't measure the blood tests accurately. From my googling plenty of people were only on crinone and not POI at all and had positive results.
    Just curious is POI available in Australia? and is it ridiculously expensive? I've not started the crinone yet but think I don't mind the injections. with the crinone do you have to lie down for a bit to let it get absorbed or do you just go about normal?!
    I don't want to get ahead of myself but just want to know what to expect now that I've come this far!!!
    cheers
    Lolly POI is available in Australia. It is not called gestone as that is a brand name. Compounding pharmacies make it up on request. A script is needed from your fertility specilist. I will be getting some from a NSW pharmacy who make it up in a 10 mL vial = 10 injections as it is stronger than gestone. Cost $100 plus postage and good for 3 months from when it is made up. Pharmacies in Brisbane QLD make it in 2mL vials (2 inj) and the vial has to be used within 24hrs once opened, cost varies depending on how much is ordered, the more you order the cheaper it is but you're looking around $40/2mL vial. I'm hoping a 1mL injection leaves a smaller lump on my bum!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

Lolly99  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AFM. Have been corresponding with Cyndi, egg retrieval is scheduled for the 30th Dec, they will take them to day 5 before freezing, am waiting to hear if the embryo scope is available. Won't get the treatment plan for February until it is known how good and how many embryos there are. Was really hoping to be able to book flights now before the february prices go up. DH is worried about taking DD so if the prices go up too much I might make the trip by myself. Scary thought for me even though lots of you lovely ladies have done it.
    Congrats JulieMalooly on having a good scan and finding out two little girls are waiting to meet you.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (05-12-2015),MamaKes  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BB4Me thanks for that. I wasn't sure what to do so I stopped by the clinic and picked up and extra 10 ampules for around 60 bucks. Thought just in case of positive the crinone might not be good for summer and swimming etc!! @Tahli I went to Sarah too. Found her extremely flexible, nice and cheap. 320 rand per session. First session was a bit more. Anyways I was not having any treatments in Sydney before so she suggested an appointment a few days before transfer, then day of, and a follow up 2 days later and reccommended weekly sessions for first trimester. Maybe send her an email. She is very honest and decent. I didn't find her warm and fuzzy, but maybe I was vulnerable and needed a bit of mothering.
    @ Jennski thanks! I don't feel very PUPO at the mo have woken up a bit crampy today and yesterday as well. still to scared to poas, and wish I hadn't bought the extra gestone yesterday hope your going along ok.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BB4Me View Post
    Hi Outoftime, this will be our third trip so I was hoping for an improved response compared to the previous trips but it is much the same. Hope your plans go to schedule. It will hopefully be easier to organize for Feb as less likely people will be wanting holidays like at xmas.
    That is what we are hoping for @BB4Me. Being our first time with this process we didn't want the added stress of crazy peak flight costs plus the fact I kept fluffing around trying to pick a donor. But it is done now and I heard from Kinny last night that our ED screening testing was done yesterday so fingers crossed all comes back well and we can try to relax a bit for Xmas. Have no real idea what to expect so we are just ticking off each step as it comes up.

Shame you can't book more than a month out. If we end up being over there at the same time, I'm happy to be your security blanket if you travelling on your own. Even if it's just for lunch or dinner to help you with any nerves. Although I expect you will be more together than we will be.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Outoftime For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (22-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back MrsErinR! Great to see you and your bubba are doing well. X. I was going to be there end of Jan but I had a little surprise end of October with a natural pregnancy so had to cancel our plans. 9 weeks tomorrow and we are crossing our fingers for a miracle baby.

If anyone is still updating the stats you can take our names off for the cycle in Jan. We were going to go with a freeze-all cycle so we had a back-up in the all too likely event that this pregnancy fails, but after some thought we have decided that we won't try SA again if we lose this one. We have decided that we will move on from trying as I think I am ready to accept not having kids if this one doesn't work. I am really glad we gave SA a try earlier in the year though, even if it wasn't successful, because we had an amazing holiday with memories to last a lifetime. Anyway, good luck to those ladies who are pregnant, PUPO or about to start their ED journey. XX

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to EmmaJane75 For This Useful Post:

Cathy69  (04-12-2015),cjocoh71  (04-12-2015),ferngirl  (05-12-2015),Lolly99  (04-12-2015),MamaKes  (04-12-2015),mardicharli  (04-12-2015),MrsErinR  (04-12-2015),Outoftime  (05-12-2015),SalSA2015  (05-12-2015),Tahli  (05-12-2015)