Closed Thread
Page 81 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lolly99 Gestone is not available in Australia so that's why you get it in Cape Town. The injections are fine until towards the end, and I would get random pain from the deep tissues well after finishing them. It really isn't too bad. It's socially easier to use the injections too. I think I injected every day in a public toilet somewhere as I was never home to do it.

I never took all of the Gestone (missed a couple at the end), and barely used any pessaries after that. By the time you get to that stage you're well and truly over the injections etc. I'm not a big regular meds person and could barely take a multivitamin each day (which reminds me begin again now).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #11

Hi ladies,

I'm an oldie from this thread. Was very active a couple of years back but since then I've dropped off. Anyway, I am getting back on the horse now as I've just booked my return trip to CT for a FET to hopefully have a sibling for our gorgeous little girl who was conceived over there last year and is now coming up to 10 months.

So, I'll be transferring on Jan 27 if anyone else is over there at that time and would like to catch up.

Happy to answer any questions about my past experience but you already have plenty of knowledgeable ladies here.
    @Offshorechick, it sounds like we have the same FS. He was very supportive of us going to CT so don't feel as though you have to go elsewhere. Like the others have offered, feel free to PM me too if you wish to discuss it.
    Last edited by MrsErinR; 03-12-2015 at 20:07.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Aspire  (03-12-2015),Gen72  (04-12-2015),Jennski  (04-12-2015),JulieMalooley  (04-12-2015),mardicharli  (03-12-2015),Tahli  (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies

I've been off the site for a while but hope everyone is doing well and there's lots of little bubbies in the mix. I'm also sure there must be some babies born now from the lovely ladies I've met on my trips this year - I'll message each of you to see how you are going.

I'm heading back for another FET next week assuming my lining is ok, so far Wazza says its 'useable' at 7.1mm but we have seen when monitoring a natural cycle recently my lining thins out after introducing progesterone.

Anyway, I know I've seen talk in the past of someone people go to for accupuncture in Cape Town. Any recommendations people have would be appreciated.

Many thanks

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (03-12-2015),ferngirl  (03-12-2015),Jennski  (04-12-2015),MrsErinR  (03-12-2015),Tahli  (03-12-2015),wazbub  (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Greetings from Toronto, to all!

I needed to step away from here, while we were in CT, as our transfer day rapidly approached. But now that we're home and have positive results to share, I am once again comfortable doing so.

Our donor became our personal rock star! At ER she yielded 20 eggs, 15 of which were mature. From this 12 fertilized, and from this we netted-out 9 great embryos, 2 of which we transferred on Nov19 (We've frozen 7). We also had the great fortune to use one of the clinic's embryoscope. What we were given at transfer day, was the most spectacular video that tracked the growth of our embies for the full 5 days. I strongly encourage the use of this most awesome new technology.

Our doc was LeRoux and he was fab! His demeanour, manner and being very thorough was so very much appreciated. Our actual transfer was a very emotional experience - so very different from our first, and last time (not at CFC).

I resisted any temptation to do any manner of HPTs, mostly because DP was adamant that I not, in order to maintain some shred of sanity, during the all-important 2WW.

So once home, doc here ran a urine test first, with a positive, double dark-line result, on 9dp5dt, and a Beta hcg of 364. And then 48hrs later on 11dp5dt my Beta hcg was 714. So we are official and over the moon!!!

The only very painful part of all of this remains the affects of the terribly-awful POIs. Half-way through as of today ....oyyyyy!!!

pinkshootingstar: I used Sarah Hewland for acupuncture and loved her! Very different from my own acupuncturist here at home, but delightful and very flexible with her schedule.

While we know we still have a journey to travel, we could not be more excited!!

This has been a long and difficult 4-yr journey. I can not begin to express how grateful I am to each you, for helping me get to this point, with your supportive posts and loads of info, particularly over the past 3-4 months, since our awful and very disappointing cycle in CT, back in June.

Sending lots of hugs and good wishes to all.
    Xoxo
    CJC

Last edited by cjocoh71; 03-12-2015 at 10:12.

7. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to cjocoh71 For This Useful Post:

Aspire  (03-12-2015),BB4Me  (04-12-2015),ECM1981  (03-12-2015),ferngirl  (03-12-2015),Hopeful1975  (03-12-2015),Jennski  (04-12-2015),JulieMalooley  (04-12-2015),MamaKes  (03-12-2015),mardicharli  (03-12-2015),MrsErinR  (03-12-2015),Outoftime  (03-12-2015),pinkshootingstar  (03-12-2015),SalSA2015  (03-12-2015),Tahli  (03-12-2015),wazbub  (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cjocoh71 View Post
    Greetings from Toronto, to all!

I needed to step away from here, while we were in CT, as our transfer day rapidly approached. But now that we're home and have positive results to share, I am once again comfortable doing so.

Our donor became our personal rock star! At ER she yielded 20 eggs, 15 of which were mature. From this 12 fertilized, and from this we netted-out 9 great embryos, 2 of which we transferred on Nov19 (We've frozen 7). We also had the great fortune to use one of the clinic's embryoscope. What we were given at transfer day, was the most spectacular video that tracked the growth of our embies for the full 5 days. I strongly encourage the use of this most awesome new technology.

Our doc was LeRoux and he was fab! His demeanour, manner and being very thorough was so very much appreciated. Our actual transfer was a very emotional experience - so very different from our first, and last time (not at CFC).

I resisted any temptation to do any manner of HPTs, mostly because DP was adamant that I not, in order to maintain some shred of sanity, during the all-important 2WW.

So once home, doc here ran a urine test first, with a positive, double dark-line result, on 9dp5dt, and a Beta hcg of 364. And then 48hrs later on 11dp5dt my Beta hcg was 714. So we are official and over the moon!!!

The only very painful part of all of this remains the affects of the terribly-awful POIs. Half-way through as of today ....oyyyyy!!!

pinkshootingstar: I used Sarah Hewland for acupuncture and loved her! Very different from my own acupuncturist here at home, but delightful and very flexible with her schedule.

While we know we still have a journey to travel, we could not be more excited!!

This has been a long and difficult 4-yr journey. I can not begin to express how grateful I am to each you, for helping me get to this point, with your supportive posts and loads of info, particularly over the past 3-4 months, since our awful and very disappointing cycle in CT, back in June.

Sending lots of hugs and good wishes to all.
    Xoxo
    CJC

Hi Cjoch71 that's fantastic news. Was this your first CT visit? Love to hear if your donor was very young and proven? Or own kids and unproven? I'm challenged at the moment trying to make decisions

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MamaKes

it it was our second CT visit for an egg donor cycle, but first with CFC. Our previous time was with a different doctor, clinic and donor/donor agency.

Although 31, this time our donor was indeed proven, with both her own daughter and proven as a twin donor. We believed this was critical for us to get closer to success. She had also actually worked with CFC before, and so they knew what drug protocol and how she would respond (very helpful!). I will also say that DP and I are very picky with donor characteristics, but we only considered proven donors this time 'round, to ensure we didn't fall in love with someone who wasn't going to be a great fit for us. This time we also used baby2mom as our donor agency. Jenny runs it and was delightful every step of the way through the process. Also her database appeared to be much larger than we'd seen with all others.

Conversely, our experience the first time 'round with Gift ov Life was that those ladies "disappeared" once they'd been paid.

My advice would be to stay true to the donor characteristics that are most important to you. Check out a variety of agencies to see what size pool might be the largest. But also trust your gut - often times you see a photo that just jumps out at you and tugs at your heart string. Better though for this to be from a donor that is within your criteria, than if you just randomly look at all donors.

More than happy to answer any other questions you might have. I can also be reached at cjocoh@outlook.com.

Best of luck to you!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cjocoh71 For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (04-12-2015),MamaKes  (03-12-2015),Outoftime  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PSS - Sarah Hewland did my acupuncture in CT too. Highly recommend her and she is only 5 mins drive from CFC. She is cheaper than OZ but only takes cash from us non-regulars. She is easy to google and email and then will give you a mobile number for contact when you are in CT. Good Luck.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (03-12-2015),MamaKes  (03-12-2015),mardicharli  (03-12-2015),pinkshootingstar  (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PSS - I saw Sarah too and she was lovely. As mentioned only takes cash and is close to the clinic. I will see her again if we get to go back to try for a sibling.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (03-12-2015),pinkshootingstar  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Would it be beneficial seeing Sarah H for a one off apt a few hours before transfer? Or do you need to do a few sessions? On Monday I have a few hours spare before transfer and wondered whether it was worth doing a single session?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tahli, if you haven't been doing several months of acupuncture beforehand, the effect would be minimal. Good luck on Monday.
    @Sunnygirl04, I've tried to PM you, did you get it?

MrsErinR, welcome back, lovely to hear you are back at it. I followed your struggles last time and was delighted when you finally got your BFP.

Congratulations CJC, you must be over the moon !!!!

Good luck Lolly, enjoy PUPO it's a great feeling.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (04-12-2015),Lolly99  (04-12-2015),MrsErinR  (04-12-2015),Tahli  (05-12-2015)