Closed Thread
Page 79 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi emski72, I'm still so new I haven't posted 5 times to get my PM privleges . I'll work on that now and get back to you as soon as I can.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #11

Jennski .. You can keep using Pio I believe it is the more effective delivery option anyway. Sore bum is worth it .... Congrats by the way

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

Lolly99  (02-12-2015),SalSA2015  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Technically no better outcomes injection over pessaries etc but Cape Town prefer this. It's more effective uptake (slightly) that makes the difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats jennski! While we are all talking about progesterone does anyone know why when on crinone twice daily everyday my prog level was only 16, then when told to use poi it jumped to 150 after only 2 days. I know poi is absorbed into blood quicker but that is a huge difference. Why was my level so low when i was taking crinone 2 times a day and using it correctly. That should equate to something like 180mg a day as i think each crinone has 90mg roughly of progesterone? That could be incorrect but i would have thought 2 a day would be ok. Maybe this is why I didn't get a good result i am seeing my Dr monday but thought someone in here may know or have the same problem? Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies exactly what is poi?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gen72, it is progesterone in oil and administered as an intramuscular injection daily usually ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow congratulations @Jennski - that sounds very promising !! What was the doubling time?
    Congrats on PUPO Lolly. When do you start to poas ??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Lolly99  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    Hi all. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm very very new to all this. I have seen one FS and due to my early menopause and age he directed me to DE options. I'd already done my homework - albeit googled a few sites and blogs including this one. I was happy with the idea of it and was even happier when the husband was ok with the idea of it. I think he needed to hear it from someone other than me that it was our best option. Sadly eventhough this FS has helped two friends of mine with differing issues and they have beautiful children as a result, I'm not sure he's the best option for us with regards to the DE program. We were encouraged to go with his "Greek pack" option and so was I. Husband not so much. He felt pushed into that option. I didn't see it. Since then I have read about the clinic he uses on another thread and I couldn't find a positive review. I'm catching up with a couple soon to discuss how they went about their DE journey in CT and I'm hoping that I will be able to make a decision. In the meantime we're going to do all the necessary tests. If anyone has any tips or advice I'm all ears.
    Sorry for the long message. I'll try to keep them brief in future
    Welcome @Offshorechick. I would strongly recommend Cape Town. We found it easy, cheap and very professional. We went with an unproven donor (although she had a child, she had never donated) but would still recommend that you go for a YOUNG donor and a proven one if possible. I used an Aus donor who was 34 and spent $30,000 on those 5 embies with no success. Went to CT for a 24 year old donor and as a last resort went on an immune protocol and now expecting twins. I never did investigate other countries, but from what I've heard CT is one of the cheapest. Good luck with your decision.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Aspire  (03-12-2015),ferngirl  (02-12-2015),Hopeful1975  (03-12-2015),Offshorechick  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ECM - my understanding is that as Crinone is absorbed direct into uterus it doesn't come up well in blood tests. Gestone injections however are absorbed into muscle then transported via blood so it will always show up much better in blood than Crinone. Having said that still worth talking to your doc as to whether your bloods for Crinone were appropriate.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (02-12-2015),Lolly99  (02-12-2015),Outoftime  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JulieMallooley I'm too scared to poas!! my blood test is for next Tuesday and I just said to DH I might wait till Wednesday to take it!
    @ECM1981 Cathy is correct, I was googling last night as I'm thinking I should bring back more gestone or crinone and was looking at what would be more effective. According to google they both are as effective but being on crinone you can't measure the blood tests accurately. From my googling plenty of people were only on crinone and not POI at all and had positive results.
    Just curious is POI available in Australia? and is it ridiculously expensive? I've not started the crinone yet but think I don't mind the injections. with the crinone do you have to lie down for a bit to let it get absorbed or do you just go about normal?!
    I don't want to get ahead of myself but just want to know what to expect now that I've come this far!!!
    cheers

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (02-12-2015),JulieMalooley  (02-12-2015)