Closed Thread
Page 78 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Offshorechick - You'll get lots of helpful info here and the ladies are all lovely. There are some great stories on the Greece forum from lots of the ladies going to Embryoland and having success. And also from the Czech Republic forum going to Zlin. There are a few of us that 'stalk' all the DE sites while trying to make the decision on where to go.
    Good luck!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (30-11-2015),Offshorechick  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tahli - I did the same as Miss Sagi posted but weened off Prednisolone at 18-19 weeks. (You should swap from Dexmethasone to either Prednisolone or Prednisone at 8weeks.) I am stopping Clexane at 32weeks.

Lolly - definitely buy all your Progesterone in SA, it is a fraction of the price of Aus. While CFC say get off Progesterone around 8-9 weeks, most Aussies keep going until at least 12weeks which is what the Aussie clinics suggest and Dr M says it needs to be at least 14 weeks if you have any immune issues at all. Oh and BTW, I managed to stuff up a couple of injections and either lost half the Gestone fluid in the air or on the floor, so don't worry about the ocassional 'incomplete' needle but to be honest I found it easy to do the injections myself and preferred to do it without anyone else around to annoy me. If you are an RN you are au fait with needles and air bubbles etc so you will find it easy. I picked a tube of EMLA cream in SA too - half the price of Aus ($35 v $70) and used that to numb both the Gestone and Cleaxane spots before injecting. It was great.

Enjoy the rest of your time in CT and being PUPO.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (01-12-2015),Lolly99  (30-11-2015),MamaKes  (30-11-2015),Tahli  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ECM sorry to hear it hasn't worked this time. The other ladies have given some good advice so hopefully next time is the one for you.
    Congrats Jennski look forward to your updates.

AFM Have had to change my plans. After not hearing anything from Cyndi for 6 weeks, I emailed her on weds to ask for an update. The donor had that day done her last test and been cleared but when I googled flights, Singapore and Virgin were both unavailable for flights at new year leaving SAA and Qantas at $7500/$8000. DH wan't happy to go at new year after having waited so long (11 weeks from when payment of the deposit was sent) so we are now planning on mid to late feb and doing a frozen cycle. Have asked for a treatment plan for then and are hoping that we will have embies to freeze when our donor donates at Xmas time. If we can book flights now for feb they will cost $3200-$3600 for us both to go. I was getting so stressed out about the short notice, extra cost and dealing with xmas on top of travel plans that I thought this is not conducive to a positive outcome so I am feeling much more relaxed about going in Feb. Outoftime will you be there around then? Anyone else going in Feb?
    We will have Dr Matebese as our Dr in Feb as Dr W will be on leave. From what you ladies have said she is good too so I'm not worried by the change.
    I have asked for PICSI, the embryoscope and individual freezing however I don't know if this will be done as Cyndi didn't say anything in her response about it. I have asked her for confirmation but I was wondering if the other ladies that have done this can tell me who they had to arrange it with? Was it the nurse, Dr, or embryologist?
    Thanks muchly.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (30-11-2015),Jennski  (01-12-2015),MamaKes  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cathy69 thanks for that you brought up some good points. I will get extra gemstone and crinone. I actually did my own injection yesterday and it was fine! I think we talked about molteno cottage? We are here now and it's amazing. New owners upgraded everything and are super nice people, they have had us over a few times for wine and chats, and last night we had a brai with them. Perfect place for us. They are booked until 3 April though in case anyone wants to book.
    @BB4Me I am with dr Matabele and she is lovely, so kind and easy to talk to, has a very nice nature. I immediately felt comfortable with her. I requested embryoscope I just emailed her nurse and cc to dr mat and nurse replied saying I was booked for it. I didn't get any photos after or anything as some have done. It was a very emotional day at transfer, it was a Saturday and the were really busy.

Just wanted to add to anyone of the girls deciding where to have ED I had such a nice experience at CFC. The staff I dealt with were very kind and helpful. The waiting room was always busy wich to me is a good sign. EDSA were amazing also The donor coordinator kinny came to meet us on our transfer day and gave us a present from her, and also our donor had given us a present as well. Of course I turned into a sobbing mess at that stage but never mind!!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

Aspire  (30-11-2015),ECM1981  (30-11-2015),KMP  (30-11-2015),MamaKes  (30-11-2015),Outoftime  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cathy69 EMLA needs to be on for an hour to be effective and it can't penetrate as deep as that needle. In all honesty the injections don't hurt so I think the EMLA is not really making a difference. We don't use it for IV access for kids as it takes such a long time to work and that's just for getting a vein just under the skin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Gen72. I'm definitely leaning towards doing it ourselves rather than going thru a FS after reading thru all these posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BB4Me View Post
    ECM sorry to hear it hasn't worked this time. The other ladies have given some good advice so hopefully next time is the one for you.
    Congrats Jennski look forward to your updates.

AFM Have had to change my plans. After not hearing anything from Cyndi for 6 weeks, I emailed her on weds to ask for an update. The donor had that day done her last test and been cleared but when I googled flights, Singapore and Virgin were both unavailable for flights at new year leaving SAA and Qantas at $7500/$8000. DH wan't happy to go at new year after having waited so long (11 weeks from when payment of the deposit was sent) so we are now planning on mid to late feb and doing a frozen cycle. Have asked for a treatment plan for then and are hoping that we will have embies to freeze when our donor donates at Xmas time. If we can book flights now for feb they will cost $3200-$3600 for us both to go. I was getting so stressed out about the short notice, extra cost and dealing with xmas on top of travel plans that I thought this is not conducive to a positive outcome so I am feeling much more relaxed about going in Feb. Outoftime will you be there around then? Anyone else going in Feb?
    We will have Dr Matebese as our Dr in Feb as Dr W will be on leave. From what you ladies have said she is good too so I'm not worried by the change.
    I have asked for PICSI, the embryoscope and individual freezing however I don't know if this will be done as Cyndi didn't say anything in her response about it. I have asked her for confirmation but I was wondering if the other ladies that have done this can tell me who they had to arrange it with? Was it the nurse, Dr, or embryologist?
    Thanks muchly.
    Hi @BB4Me. Yes so far we are booked for Feb. will this be your first trip to CT? our payment has just been received so I think I will email them today to see when my donor is booked in for testing. We don't have the luxury of being able to delay if they take as long as they have for you. I think my head would explode with stress. DH works out at sea so if they go outside our window we would have to delay for 2 months. I am with Dr Matebese also and have been communicating with jenny. She has been very fast with her responses so may be worth you emailing her possibly for better response time. I have to say though, trying to get details from them at this stage is like pulling teeth. I'm trying to get info on what extra testing we should consider getting done with our donor but it seems this is not something they seem to advise on. Anyone have anything extra done other than AMH?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Outoftime For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    Hi all. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm very very new to all this. I have seen one FS and due to my early menopause and age he directed me to DE options. I'd already done my homework - albeit googled a few sites and blogs including this one. I was happy with the idea of it and was even happier when the husband was ok with the idea of it. I think he needed to hear it from someone other than me that it was our best option. Sadly eventhough this FS has helped two friends of mine with differing issues and they have beautiful children as a result, I'm not sure he's the best option for us with regards to the DE program. We were encouraged to go with his "Greek pack" option and so was I. Husband not so much. He felt pushed into that option. I didn't see it. Since then I have read about the clinic he uses on another thread and I couldn't find a positive review. I'm catching up with a couple soon to discuss how they went about their DE journey in CT and I'm hoping that I will be able to make a decision. In the meantime we're going to do all the necessary tests. If anyone has any tips or advice I'm all ears.
    Sorry for the long message. I'll try to keep them brief in future
    @Offshorechick Is this a certain Greek Dr in Melb? If so he's mates with that clinic owner but has supported others to go to Cape Town. There are other FS options too. Private message me if you want some names.
    Em

Thanks
    Reviews
    Second blood test results are back: progesterone climbed from 178 to 239 and HCG climbed from 601 to 1614. GP said 'a very healthy pregnancy' which made DH a lot more relaxed. First and second done and dusted.

One thing: I need Crinone for the 9th Dec, I don't have a script and our GP is on holidays until 15th Dec. Could I continue with poi until the 15th (as much as my a^se is not happy about it) or should I try to obtain a script from some other GP. I am worried he won't be as generous as our own GP, and we would have to start our story from scratch. Any advice???

Good luck Lolly, enjoy being PUPO!

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (04-12-2015),cjocoh71  (02-12-2015),ECM1981  (02-12-2015),Gen72  (02-12-2015),JulieMalooley  (02-12-2015),Kay2015  (03-12-2015),Lolly99  (02-12-2015),MamaKes  (01-12-2015),mardicharli  (01-12-2015),Outoftime  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jennski I have some spare Crinone, if you want it PM me your address etc and I can send it to you.