Closed Thread
Page 77 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I will ask about the endo scratch. Hubbys sperm has been checked and is ok but we are going to do another more thorough check again this week to see if anything has changed. Im trying to make a more concious effort of being more positive and living in the now and being grateful for what i have. I have always known i should be more grateful and practice being more positive so this time has been a kick to say to myself you can either wallow in self pity or just move on and try to do things better and happier. If that makes sense. I hope i can continue it, it will take practice.

Tahli i know how u feel with the other donors falling pregnant, i really felt like i let my embryos down. Hopefully 2016 will be our year where we can both get fat and have morning sickness! Goodluck with your transfer and thanks for the tips, inwill ask about increasing my prednisolone. Do u have raised NK cells? What was your result?

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like your positive thinking there @ECM1981!
    Yep, I totally feel like I let my first three embryos down with my body attacking them. I'm finding it hard knowing that 3 other women could get pregnant with my ed so why haven't I? One of them did take 3 x single embryo attempts.
    Have you found yourself browsing the ed sites again or is it too soon?
    My NK cells are at 12/13. Right at the level where my FS perscribes Pred.
    I also have homo MTHFR. I'm waiting for my Iherb delivery of the active form of folic acid at the moment. Hopefully it arrives this week so I can get started on it before flying out on Saturday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    My protocol was
    40mg clexane
    15mg prednisolone
    Baby asprin
    Progynova- 2 in am 2 in pm
    Vit d
    Fish oil 1000mg
    Elevit
    Syneral for work up and crinone for progesterone. I will have to use injections again next time.

The first transfer of 2 fresh with this donor i got 7hcg. Then 0 the next time and 0 this time. I asked after 2nd failed if i should pick a new donor and they said 'no she is good and has had 3 pregnancies from other donations'. I guess thats why i was mad when they told me the last ones didnt defrost well. I felt maybe if we had of used a new donor it could have been a better outcome.

I feel better today and am planning the next move. Im still upset of course but we just have to get on with it. I will have a good chat with my perth Dr soon. I was thinking of changing Drs at Cfc. What do u think?

I just wanted to say thanks for all the support from everyone, its been really lovely. And if anyone has tips on meds i would love to hear them. Also @Tahli i have elevated NK cells.

Xxxx
    Yep that's pretty close to what I was doing except 4 x the fish oil and 5 mg megafol. I was never tested for NK cells though. I think change donor, not dr.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    so I am now PUPO!!! I am a bit cranky pants today though as I am missing my cup of tea!! I may break down shortly and have half a cup..
    anyways I've got some medication questions here about the POI...I've enough for 28 days left now and I bought my crinone here as apparently is expensive back home. Should I buy more POI as a back up or is what I have enough? Seems like you guys are clever about adjusting your own meds!! Also receptionist mentioned if I needed more progynova? How long do we stay on that for? I may not need any more and it was cheap enough at chemist warehouse.
    Hope everyone is going ok!
    Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh forgot to mention hubby is a bit of a nightmare when it comes to the injections. Found the syringe from yesterday and there was still a bit left in it. Should I be concerned?! Am going to email CFC and see if the nurse can show him just what he should be doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lolly, good luck with your 2ww. Didnt the nurse show hubby how to do injections on your appointment. She really should have. I wouldnt be concerned about the little bit left, but if you switch to crinone just make sure you monitor yourself with blood tests to keep and eye on levels because mine dropped on crinone i would get more of everything because its cheaper in SA, especially the poi and crinone. I drank tea during, only one cup a day. It was the coffee i cut our and missed. Hope u get a good result xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Hi lolly, good luck with your 2ww. Didnt the nurse show hubby how to do injections on your appointment. She really should have. I wouldnt be concerned about the little bit left, but if you switch to crinone just make sure you monitor yourself with blood tests to keep and eye on levels because mine dropped on crinone i would get more of everything because its cheaper in SA, especially the poi and crinone. I drank tea during, only one cup a day. It was the coffee i cut our and missed. Hope u get a good result xxx
    Thanks el,
    They wanted us to come another day to show the injections but we had tickets to robben island. I'm a nurse so thought between the two of us showing him and the fact that he injected our dog with insulin for 5 years it would be ok. Not. I'm bleeding and sore after!!!
    Ok I'm really getting cranky pants, Off to buy a box of roobois tea and pretend it's caffiene!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Apologies for jumping in @Cathy69 but what was your Pred dosage for your successful cycle...pre and post transfer? I'm doing 15mg and was going to up it to 25mgs on the day of transfer.
    @MissSagi my guess is you're completely preoccupied with your beautiful twins but I was hoping you might be able to share your successful protocol too? I think you had high NK cells and homo MTHFR too didn't you.
    Im grasping at straws. I desperately want this third cycle to work!!
    Tahli, I started on Dexamethasone (4mg i think) 3wks prior to transfer. This is equivalent to 25mg of Pred which I switched to at 8wks and stopped at around 27wks. Also did Intralipids 500mls every 4 weeks until 18wks. Dr M's protocol is much more aggressive than the basic Bondi. The Clexane covers MTHFR.
    I hope your methyl folate supplements come in time. If not just stick to the 5mg Megafol until you receive it.
    Good luck girls 😊

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lolly99. Once preggers you Take medication up to week11 for me it was 1pio a day or 2 crinone and 4 progy, I'd stock up (at least on progest) as its very expensive back here in oz ($200 + for 15 days worth of crinone) you can also claim back vat on way out of sa( just ask for tax receipt from front desk CFC)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

Lolly99  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New and confused

Hi all. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm very very new to all this. I have seen one FS and due to my early menopause and age he directed me to DE options. I'd already done my homework - albeit googled a few sites and blogs including this one. I was happy with the idea of it and was even happier when the husband was ok with the idea of it. I think he needed to hear it from someone other than me that it was our best option. Sadly eventhough this FS has helped two friends of mine with differing issues and they have beautiful children as a result, I'm not sure he's the best option for us with regards to the DE program. We were encouraged to go with his "Greek pack" option and so was I. Husband not so much. He felt pushed into that option. I didn't see it. Since then I have read about the clinic he uses on another thread and I couldn't find a positive review. I'm catching up with a couple soon to discuss how they went about their DE journey in CT and I'm hoping that I will be able to make a decision. In the meantime we're going to do all the necessary tests. If anyone has any tips or advice I'm all ears.
    Sorry for the long message. I'll try to keep them brief in future

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (30-11-2015),JoJoD  (02-12-2015)