Closed Thread
Page 75 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DP's are funny aren't they...mine hates shopping, but I think he is actually looking forward to going shopping for baby supplies. We find it a struggle shopping for other folks, but can't wait to be able to do it for ourselves.

We've both always said that we wouldn't find out the gender, but might be different if were having 2 . We did joke recently if we were having twins whether or not we could keep it a secret and surprise everyone. I was huge 20 odd years go when I had my son (he was 9lb) so I might be able to hide behind that if we were.

Everything was looking good today 11day scan, 12 follicles...pick up either Thu or Fri but will confirm on Tue. Its the best result we've had so far, but its the quality obviously at my age that is the issue. One step at a time.... and lots of hoping and everything crossed

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (29-11-2015),MamaKes  (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MamaKes yes SA option. A couple I know here could not have children and have been together since high school. They randomly heard on the radio on the way home from an appt years ago, an ad for mixed race adoptions. Needless to say their first was a lovely islander girl, second blonde blue eyed darling and this year along popped a gorgeous little Asian darling to add to their mix. Such an awesome family. So great to see. I hope you get what you wish for. I'll follow your journey on here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    @ECM1981 did you do an immune protocol (sorry I have a bad memory). I'm so sorry you haven't got your BFP . How many dpo are you?
    I did the bondi protocol and extra intralipids. I am now 12 days past transfer. X

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ECM, it's gotta be egg quality. Yes, CFC will only freeze down to a certain quality but sometimes the egg just doesn't have the energy to keep dividing. Ask Dr W if he thinks you should choose another. He was very blunt with us last time when I asked the question should we go again with the same donor "no, choose another donor" was his response. We found another one that was probably more suited than the first, and 10yrs younger at 19yrs old. Don't give up because you're thinking that it's you, in fact you've done all the hard yards immune protocol wise, think about jumping straight back in while you are all 'immune protocoled up' so to speak. It will save you money in the long run as well. It's horrific when it's doesn't work, but don't let it beat you - give yourself a week to greive, then jump straight back in and just get the job done. We did after our August flopping big BFN and it helped in that it made us detached from the whole process, a wait n see what happens, and I think thats why I felt so melancholic during this last cycle, it made it so much more stress-free. It's brutal, it's time consuming, emotionally draining and a financial burden but when you have your babe in arms you will forget all this heartache. Don't give up Hun, it just means your bub wasn't meant to have her genes, it's someone elses. DH and I are devastated for you because we saw your turmoil that day, we soo wanted it to work. Big hugs.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (28-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (29-11-2015),KMP  (28-11-2015),Lolly99  (28-11-2015),midnite01  (29-11-2015),Outoftime  (01-12-2015),Tahli  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well said Jennski. I totally agree.

Egg quality is a key factor. Don't give up and yes, choose a young donor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well said jennski...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    @MamaKes yes SA option. A couple I know here could not have children and have been together since high school. They randomly heard on the radio on the way home from an appt years ago, an ad for mixed race adoptions. Needless to say their first was a lovely islander girl, second blonde blue eyed darling and this year along popped a gorgeous little Asian darling to add to their mix. Such an awesome family. So great to see. I hope you get what you wish for. I'll follow your journey on here.
    KMP just curious was this embryo adoption or baby adoption? And was it in Australia or overseas?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #11

It was child adoption through an agency in Brisbane I would guess. The last 2 have been babies but not sure about the first but I would guess a baby too. They are such an amazing couple. The children are fantastic. Mum is mixed Islander and Dad is Caucasian. They family is a little United Nations of gorgeous girls.
    Last edited by KMP; 29-11-2015 at 04:38.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry can I also say that I think the children are born locally. They are not from overseas as they are offered to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @ECM1981 I'm surprised they froze the b2-3bc embryos. I do wonder if they ever had much of a chance. As Jennski pointed out it sounds like egg quality didn't do you any favours there. Just curiously, was your ed a proven donor?
    Would you like to post your full meds protocol and maybe the girls can chip in and see if there's anything they can suggest to help when you go again. Do you have any immune issues or was your FS trying to cover all bases by putting you on the Bondi Protocol?
    I do of course have everything crossed that you might have seen a squinter today at 13dpo. Big hugs hun.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (29-11-2015)