Closed Thread
Page 69 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there ECM, you can get through this. It is good that you found out, hopefully the shots will bring your levels up to where they should be. Did you email CFC, they might be able to guide you as well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MamaKes we did counselling as a requirement when we did DE with my sister, so I am just hoping that if it is compulsory with O/S that the counselling we have done already will count. I must say that the counsellor we had was fantastic and he was really good about suggesting when to talk to the children about it and what to say etc. Of course that was when we were doing known DE...but we were thinking that we'd still tell the child/ren if we ended up doing O/S DE.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That would be great emski72...we are thinking logistically (DP has just started a new job and we're not sure if he will be able to get time off in Feb/Mar) it may make more sense to take the boys with me rather than him trying to get time off and also the loss in pay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also can I ask where you started to get prices? Did you go straight to the OS clinic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gen72 I am in the process of shipping embryos from Cape Town to Toronto. I have contacted quite a few shippers (most ship eggs, sperm and embryos). Please do not try Cryozoom. He's all talk and no action. He kept saying that he would ship my embryos then when push came to shove, he has not responded to e-mails.

Kynisi courier seems more reputable. He has picked up where Cryozoom left off. I contacted him late last week and he is talking about getting the embryos here in a few weeks, which is much more responsive than the eight weeks Cryozoom was talking (no action) about.

Best of luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Canuck1 I'm absolutely thrilled all your hard work and persistence is finally paying off! Yay!! How many weeks is it looking like before your embryos are with you? You have quite a few don't you? How exciting!!
    @ECM1981 Have you discussed with CFC the possibility of injecting into your thigh? Just a thought. I feel for you hun. It must be difficult.
    @Jennski How was testing today? Super dooper fingers crossed. xx
    Last edited by Tahli; 25-11-2015 at 08:40.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    Thanks @Aspire wow that will be coming up soon. I imagined by the time I do some counselling with DH and choose a donor I'd be looking at a March cycle too. Maybe we'll end up being there at the same time? When did you start planning and how long lead time did you need?
    @MamaKes it took me ages to find a suitable donor. It really depends on DE availability.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not this time @Tahli, I haven't even told them I'm starting poi again. Last time was in so much agony and could not walk after 2 weeks of the injections so thats why i insisted on an alternative this time but its backfired! Im ok with needles and pain but this is something else. I will just go with directions from my gynae here from now on because he is easier to get hold of. X

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (27-11-2015),Tahli  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli, so sorry to hear about your results this time around... Good for you for trying again... Who knows we may be cycle buddies?
    I have 10 embryos which hopefully will get here by December 14. Aiming for a January cycle in Toronto (FET around mid-January). However you all know that you can't plan anything in this process. Or, you can plan, just realize that it won't likely go to plan then go on from there.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there lovely ladies, I am in a dilemma and seeking some feedback. I was wondering whether many of you had your donor's AMH level tested? If you did test, what was their level and how did they respond to the FSH? Our donor is 28 but she has not donated before so I don't have much to go on in terms of how she will respond. She had her AMH level tested in July this year and it was 3.27 (not related to my screening for my cycle) which seemed like a good result but when she had it tested again recently at my request and the result was 2.57. Dr Matebese is happy to proceed but I'm wondering whether you think that 2.57 is too low and whether you would look for a different donor... I really like this donor for a bunch of different reasons but so much is riding on this financially and emotionally that I want to be sensible about whether she is the best choice.
    Last edited by Felicity Fox; 25-11-2015 at 15:54.