Closed Thread
Page 68 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry...another question. Anyone have any idea about costs for taking frozen sperm O/S for DE?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gen - we didn't have to do any counseling at all, either here or os. Maybe it's a state requirement?
    I have heard taking frozen sperm is expensive but I'm not sure of prices.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    Sorry...another question. Anyone have any idea about costs for taking frozen sperm O/S for DE?
    My friend just did it I think she said it was about 2700? Ill ask her when I speak to her again.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (24-11-2015),MamaKes  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, i need some opinions- any nurses on here? I just tested my hormones for piece of mind and lucky i did because my progesterone is only 16.0 and it should be above 30. I have been rold to increase my intake. Im currently taking crinone twice daily but will now add an injection daily too. I am day 8past transfer. Does any think this level could affect my hopefull pregnacy. I will be so sad if i have hindered this possible pregnacy. Can anyone offer advice please. Im trying not to panic. Also i have not tested yet. I am trying to PUPO as long as possible out of fear. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    My friend just did it I think she said it was about 2700? Ill ask her when I speak to her again.
    I was also wondering this. Thanks for the question Gen and for the answer Emski. My reason was I was trying to find ways to save money on an overseas DE trip and wondered if I could travel alone with DH's frozen sperm to save airfares etc. I wonder what the success rates are for frozen vs fresh sperm with young donor eggs considering DH's isn't the best quality. Anyone know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    Hey MamaKes we meet here too!

I have question regarding counselling. If you have already done counselling for DE here in Australia, does anyone know if you need to do it again?
    Hey Gen72 hello again too. I'm on here researching a possible early 2016 overseas DE cycle. I am far from an expert on what happens when however as I understand it you need to do it here due to known donor rules, but as OS is mostly anonymous its recommended rather than necessary. DH and I are planning to do counselling for our own sakes, need to be on same page and thrash out those 'do you tell vs secret' things plus how far we'll take this route if it doesn't work first time. Plus what to tell our two boys about it. I feel my DS11 needs to be on board and ok with it for me to feel comfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy69 View Post
    MamaKez

My understanding is that you only see adult photos for egg donors when it isn't anon eg the US and of course Aus.
    Thanks Cathy69. It's a pity huh since U.S. Is so expensive and Aus seems to be slow and hard route to go. I would like to see adult pics of my future donor preferably as you can look totally different as a child to how you look as an adult. As a kid I was fair skinned and had light brown golden soft curls and as an adult I have dark brown almost black tight curls and olive skin, to the point I look Caucasian as a child and mixed race/Spanish/Greek as an adult.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @ECM1981 at 13dpo the POI sound like are definite thing to do if your progesterone level is only 16 hun. Good luck when you do get to testing!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Aspire  (25-11-2015),ECM1981  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks tahli, just had my first shot. Lucky i have 30 ampules left over from last time. Behind is already tender im not sure why it makes my muscle so sore?! No pain no gain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ecm, try stretch your gluts by lying on your back lifting your knee to your chest towards opposite shoulder hold it and repeat.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (24-11-2015)