Closed Thread
Page 67 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @MamaKes, I looked at Spain too but decided against it due to the language barrier. I asked for information from IVI in Spain (I was told that they were the best) but got a phone call from the clinic by someone giving me the hard sell. That also put me off. I also like the fact that you can choose your donor in SA. I know it's a hard decision to make but you have to figure out what make you feel comfortable. The correspondence I have had from the clinic and donor agencies has been great and has given me confidence.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aspire For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (23-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @MamaKes if you look at fertility friend uk based group there is heaps of info on european ed clinics i think spain is quite popular with the ladies.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (23-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just a tiny little clarification @MamaKes with SA agencies you can see pics of the donors up to around 10-12 years old I think, definitely no adult pics. Good luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (23-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    Hi @MamaKes, I looked at Spain too but decided against it due to the language barrier. I asked for information from IVI in Spain (I was told that they were the best) but got a phone call from the clinic by someone giving me the hard sell. That also put me off. I also like the fact that you can choose your donor in SA. I know it's a hard decision to make but you have to figure out what make you feel comfortable. The correspondence I have had from the clinic and donor agencies has been great and has given me confidence.
    @Aspire ok that is good to know. Thanks for the info. I don't like a hard sell either but I will still go through the process and check them out. I don't know if I could let someone else choose the donor but then I never thought I could consider a donor cycle and here I am! So are you cycling with SA donor now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    @MamaKes if you look at fertility friend uk based group there is heaps of info on european ed clinics i think spain is quite popular with the ladies.
    @midnight I will check out Fertility Friend. Have now signed up so can get some Intel (read: snoop) from there...
    @Tahli babe I really appreciate the clarification too. I had it in my head that on the profiles (I looked at Mom2baby on the weekend) you saw under 12 years and baby pics but once you selected you saw adult?? Does anywhere do adult pics? Sounds rude doesn't it? (Lol). All the best for your December travels, btw, I've been following your journey the past couple of months and you've really been a trouper. I wish my DS was still 4 so I could travel with him a little unaware like yours will be, but my DS is 11 and has already put two and two together from seeing websites that I'm on that I'm planning something and he will probably kill me when he realises.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jennski

Hang in there girl!! You are just a day or two early.

I tested every single day from about 3 days after transfer, and I didn't get my BFP until 7 days after transfer. And even then it was LIGHT.

I have everything crossed for you. Seems like you had amazing quality (so many to freeze!) so everything points to success this time.

Kay

Thanks
    Reviews
    MamaKez

My understanding is that you only see adult photos for egg donors when it isn't anon eg the US and of course Aus.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MamaKes my transfer is in March 2016. I wanted earlier (January) but the donor I wanted could only do March at the earliest. Good luck with IVI.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    @MamaKes my transfer is in March 2016. I wanted earlier (January) but the donor I wanted could only do March at the earliest. Good luck with IVI.
    Thanks @Aspire wow that will be coming up soon. I imagined by the time I do some counselling with DH and choose a donor I'd be looking at a March cycle too. Maybe we'll end up being there at the same time? When did you start planning and how long lead time did you need?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey MamaKes we meet here too!

I have question regarding counselling. If you have already done counselling for DE here in Australia, does anyone know if you need to do it again?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (24-11-2015)