Closed Thread
Page 62 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Great result Jennski that's fantastic news!! Hope your enjoying your little holiday so far. See you soon!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennski View Post
    25 eggs retrieved, the party in the Petrie dish has 18 so far that are sitting up sipping cocktails at the fertilisation bar. Whoo Hoo!

We're feeling .

Amazing results Jennski. Can't ask for a better start.

I am just reading through the CFC treatment request form/contract and it says they will only allow us to keep a maximum of 15 eggs from the collection and the rest have to be donated to their egg bank. did they ask you about this after your collection?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Outoftime View Post
    Amazing results Jennski. Can't ask for a better start.

I am just reading through the CFC treatment request form/contract and it says they will only allow us to keep a maximum of 15 eggs from the collection and the rest have to be donated to their egg bank. did they ask you about this after your collection?
    Congratulations @Jennski, what a score !! @Outoftime, I had heard that too, but never saw it in my forms. Maybe it's a rule that comes and goes depending on their egg bank stores ?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Outoftime  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Julie and OutOfTime - the 15 eggs was (when I did it) an optional thing ie if you opted to give them 'your' excess eggs for their bank, if your donor didn't generate sufficient eggs then you could access the bank in return ie you made the decision prior to egg collection. Maybe they have decided to make it a compulsory thing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Outoftime  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Jennski, great numbers so far!

AFM, I'm going to have to change my ET in January to a freeze-all in January instead. After being briefly pregnant naturally in September and of course losing it, I told my partner that we had to be extra careful it didn't happen again as we had our donation in January and another miscarriage in between would ruin our plans. So, we only had sex twice and timed it to miss my usual ovulation date, not really thinking after 18 months since our previous natural pregnancy, plus an egg donation without even a hint of a positive hpt, could it possibly happen two months in a row.. As you may gave guessed, that didn't quite work out how I thought it would and I am now 6 weeks pregnant again. Funnily enough this has been the most successful pregnancy I have had so far with hcg doubling rates, so I am holding out hope but also realising that this pregnancy will most likely go the way of all my others, which is why we plan to do a freeze-all in January.
    Anyway, our dating scan is on Wednesday and I guess we shall find out more then.

Good luck to those ladies in Cape Town I have everything crossed for some good news.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EmmaJane75 For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (15-11-2015),Jennski  (17-11-2015),mardicharli  (15-11-2015),midnite01  (15-11-2015),SalSA2015  (15-11-2015),Tahli  (15-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaJane75 View Post
    Wow Jennski, great numbers so far!

AFM, I'm going to have to change my ET in January to a freeze-all in January instead. After being briefly pregnant naturally in September and of course losing it, I told my partner that we had to be extra careful it didn't happen again as we had our donation in January and another miscarriage in between would ruin our plans. So, we only had sex twice and timed it to miss my usual ovulation date, not really thinking after 18 months since our previous natural pregnancy, plus an egg donation without even a hint of a positive hpt, could it possibly happen two months in a row.. As you may gave guessed, that didn't quite work out how I thought it would and I am now 6 weeks pregnant again. Funnily enough this has been the most successful pregnancy I have had so far with hcg doubling rates, so I am holding out hope but also realising that this pregnancy will most likely go the way of all my others, which is why we plan to do a freeze-all in January.
    Anyway, our dating scan is on Wednesday and I guess we shall find out more then.

Good luck to those ladies in Cape Town I have everything crossed for some good news.
    Oh wow @EmmaJane75, talk about a double edged sword ! Congratulations and I hope like mad this is your one 😁

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (15-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately my hcg didn't rise thus my pregnancy is not progressing any further. I'll most probably plan another trip to CT in January.
    @Outoftime my donor produced 28 eggs recently and there was never any mention by CFC about not keeping all of them for my own treatment. And at one point, on day 4, I had about 25 embryos still going and again no mention of donating some back to the embryo bank. Actually my egg donor had reached her family limit so this wouldn't have been possible anyway.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Outoftime  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tahli - so sorry it hasn't worked out this time. Glad you have all those embies in the deep freeze for another go.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Cathy69. My hcg has halved today so I'm expecting my AF over the next week I guess. I have 5 frozen embryos to go back for. Third time lucky maybe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli so sorry to hear your news. Its a very cruel thing this isn't it? I'm glad you have a few frozen embies to go back for
    Lauren X

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (16-11-2015)