Closed Thread
Page 59 of 107 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl04 View Post
    Hi @JulieMalooley I have decided not to do a blood test diagnostic (Harmony etc) due to twins as well. I did the blood test to go with the NT scan this morning and have the scan in a few days. Will be interesting to see how they go with getting images with two in there.

Quick tip for the NT scan (something I didn't know until recently) is not everyone gets a Medicare rebate. There are specific criteria; assisted reproduction is one, high risk (twins) is another. But your OB has to note it on the referral for the scanning place to apply the rebate, you can't just ask for it.

We are planning for delivery at 37 weeks as well but I know the twins can't read a calendar so they may have other ideas.
    Thx @Sunnygirl04 I'll have to remember to get dr m to put that on the referral when I see her this Friday. Good luck with your scan !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ferngirl congratulations on reaching the 12 week mark and thank you for posting your beautiful ultrasound pics, they made me a bit teary (in a good way) this morning.

JulieMalooley thanks for the spreadsheet - it's a big help as there are a few things on there that I hadn't accounted for... and congratulations on your pregnancy and two healthy heartbeats.

Tahli congratulations on your BFP I saw your HPT pic on the over 40s thread and it is a lovely strong 2nd line for 10.5 dpo... maybe more CFC twinnies on the way?

AFM I had my first appt with a new Obgyn on Friday - she will be administering two rounds of Zoladex for me prior to my de cycle to get my adenomyosis under control before transfer and she mentioned she'd had another patient that had been through CFC and that she had managed to get a BFP first time around second time around it was twins... I'll take all the good news stories I can get...

Take care lovely ladies

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Felicity Fox For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (08-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (08-11-2015),Tahli  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    Ps @JulieMalooley what did you find especially great about abanysa? Just for example? More info on donor? More donors? Variety etc?
    Welcome @MamaKes. I'm a newbie also so I can assure you that If you follow the advise of everyone on here from all previous threads you will have it all sorted. DP and I were going around in circles trying to pick our donor until the girls on here told me to focus on the donor by setting up a spreadsheet and not on the agency. Once we did that we quickly got the list down to 4 than that got reduced again by the donors becoming unavailable so in the end the donor really picked us. We tried to find someone we connected with but unfortunately that didn't happen so we just relied on the criteria list.
    I was looking at the donor profiles on all agents you have already been told about and have ended up picking a donor from EDSA and 2nd choice is from gift ov life. Both agents have been helpful but of course I've picked a donor from the most expensive agent out of the group. Hoping this extra cost relates to the care and support they give. Guess I'll find out soon.
    Good luck with your journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    $ 1,618.00 donor
    $ 6 ,670.00 CFC
    $ 150.00 drugs
    $ 460.00 embryoscope
    $ 450.00 freeze
    $ 3,683.00 flights
    $ 99.00 insurance
    $ 2,270.00 accom
    $ 535.00 safari
    $ 550.00 shark dive
    $ 907.00 car/garmin
    $ 1,550.00 spending
    $ 18,942.00 TOTAL
    Congrats @JulieMalooley. After all the support you have given everyone on this forum by sharing your experience, it is great to hear your exciting news. I feel as if I am always posting "thank you" to you and all beautiful ladies on here. And again, thank you for the costing. We booked our dates of treatment for January then I saw how much you paid for flights and realised I needed to change our dates to try and get better flight. I'm already seeing flights for $4500 each which is rediculious. So we are looking now to move to feb in hope it will be much less. Only if the donor we have finally reserved is avail. If not we will just have to suck up the expense I guess.
    Last edited by Outoftime; 08-11-2015 at 15:39.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Outoftime For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @ caesardust & @Felicity Fox. You both will be hooked within a week of reading this forum. The sharing of experiences on here is magical. Especially for the newbie like us. Good luck to you both.
    Last edited by Outoftime; 08-11-2015 at 15:37.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Outoftime For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (08-11-2015),MamaKes  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #11

Quote Originally Posted by Outoftime View Post
    Congrats @JulieMalooley. After all the support you have given everyone on this forum by sharing your experience, it is great to hear your exciting news. I feel as if I am always posting "thank you" to you and all beautiful ladies on here. And again, thank you for the costing. We booked our dates of treatment for January then I saw how much you paid for flights and realised I needed to change our dates to try and get better flight. I'm already seeing flights for $4500 each which is rediculious. So we are looking now to move to feb in hope it will be much less. Only if the donor we have finally reserved is avail. If not we will just have to suck up the expense I guess.
    I paid full price for those flight too by the way. With just over two weeks notice I didn't have a lot of choice, but a few airlines seemed to be around that price. South Africa airlines and qantas were who I used for my two trips..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Outoftime  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    I paid full price for those flight too by the way. With just over two weeks notice I didn't have a lot of choice, but a few airlines seemed to be around that price. South Africa airlines and qantas were who I used for my two trips..
    Did you fly on your own JulieMalooley or is that price for two? When I started looking I found flights for $1800 return per person but over two weeks of watching it just went crazy. Seems January /February are peak season in SA which is just our luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a reminder for those that are checking flight prices. Don't do repeated searches for the same flights on the one PC. Both the airlines and the flight aggregators (travel agents, Best flights, etc) leave cookies on your PC and the next time you return to the search, it will start eliminating the cheapest available fares so you only see more expensive ones and book them in a panic. If you are PC savvy, clear your cookies before any flight search or just do the searches on various different equipment eg at work, phone, ipad, laptop, DH's equipment etc.

Having said that dec & Jan are peak periods so you are unlikely to get a cheap flight then. Check out say Qantas website for fares and it will clearly show you the different periods then it may be possible to move your travel date a day or 2 into at least shoulder periods and save !

FYI Qantas currently have a sale (ending 11/11) on SA flights for $1398 Sydney to Jo'Burg for flights 22/1/16 to 18/3/16. A connecting flight between Jo'burg and CT is cheap and easy using Mango, BA, SAA.

Good luck everyone.
    Last edited by Cathy69; 09-11-2015 at 07:25.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Felicity Fox  (10-11-2015),ferngirl  (09-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-11-2015),mardicharli  (09-11-2015),Outoftime  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Outoftime View Post
    Welcome @MamaKes. I'm a newbie also so I can assure you that If you follow the advise of everyone on here from all previous threads you will have it all sorted. DP and I were going around in circles trying to pick our donor until the girls on here told me to focus on the donor by setting up a spreadsheet and not on the agency. Once we did that we quickly got the list down to 4 than that got reduced again by the donors becoming unavailable so in the end the donor really picked us. We tried to find someone we connected with but unfortunately that didn't happen so we just relied on the criteria list.
    I was looking at the donor profiles on all agents you have already been told about and have ended up picking a donor from EDSA and 2nd choice is from gift ov life. Both agents have been helpful but of course I've picked a donor from the most expensive agent out of the group. Hoping this extra cost relates to the care and support they give. Guess I'll find out soon.
    Good luck with your journey.
    Thanks Outoftime... Yes I too am amazed at all the helpful info and support I've received so far and that's just with a bit of lurking and a couple of questions. I didn't get to start my donor agency search this weekend but am going to make it my goal for this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy69 View Post
    Just a reminder for those that are checking flight prices. Don't do repeated searches for the same flights on the one PC. Both the airlines and the flight aggregators (travel agents, Best flights, etc) leave cookies on your PC and the next time you return to the search, it will start eliminating the cheapest available fares so you only see more expensive ones and book them in a panic. If you are PC savvy, clear your cookies before any flight search or just do the searches on various different equipment eg at work, phone, ipad, laptop, DH's equipment etc.

Having said that dec & Jan are peak periods so you are unlikely to get a cheap flight then. Check out say Qantas website for fares and it will clearly show you the different periods then it may be possible to move your travel date a day or 2 into at least shoulder periods and save !

FYI Qantas currently have a sale (ending 11/11) on SA flights for $1398 Sydney to Jo'Burg for flights 22/1/16 to 18/3/16. A connecting flight between Jo'burg and CT is cheap and easy using Mango, BA, SAA.

Good luck everyone.
    Thanks for the Intel Cathy69! I'll keep it up my sleeve! Had no idea about the cookies thing.... sneaky buggers