Closed Thread
Page 55 of 106 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps. Just looked on the CFC website. It's been upgraded since I last looked and has links to the Egg Donation Agencies, IVF costs, step by step lists, medications etc's. Lots of useful info under the Egg Donation tab.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our donor lives in CT but we had to pay, or were asked to pay, her travel costs of 360 rand (which we all know is less than $40 bucks for us). DH and I just rolled our eyes at each other and shook our heads - whatever Luvey, if it makes you happy and seals the deal then an extra $36 it is! This is the donor that tried to make us change Doctors at CFC. Thank goodness our Dr put her straight.

We finally got our flights sorted, and we just rang the place we stayed at last time and booked some accomm, so we seem to be all set. We are now just waiting for something to crop up to put a spanner in the works. I still have my melancholy, I've given up on shaking it. I'll just take it as it comes and see what pans out. I feel so confident that this time will be it that I am going to get DH to leave another sample ready for next time!!!! Haha, you gotta laugh and see the lighter side sometimes.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (06-11-2015),ECM1981  (06-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Jennski I believe I was properly depressed in the week or two leading up to last weekends trip to CT. I was not in a good place at all. It all changed as soon as I got to CT & I got super excited. I stayed excited until today when the 2ww has become difficult. But I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in feeling 'melancholy'.
    It's amazing how detached I am from my ED and SD on this 2nd trip to CT. I think that's helped enormously. The embryos feel like 'mine' now.
    @Lastchance75 I fell in love with a donor from J'Berg with Nuture. It was going to cost about $2.5k for her flights and 10-ish nights of accom. Eek!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (06-11-2015),Jennski  (06-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #11

Apologies. Clicked by accident and can't delete

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishhelllsbells View Post
    Hi juliemalooley I was going on my own but had a crap attack over it. My baby (I use that term loosely as she's 34) sister is flying over from Ireland to support me😀

I'm back on the pred and have turned into the hulk. Not happy but I has to be worth it. Right?

Lolly99 I would love to catch up if you are free someday. I can't pm yet as I haven't done enough posts on here yet.
    @Irishhelllsbells Lol the hulk ! Unfortunately I know the feeling... Chunky. Yes it's definitely worth the discomfort. I don't blame you for freaking about going on your own - lucky your sis came to the party (aka baby shower) 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy69 View Post
    MamaKes

First: register on the Donor Egg Agency websites and start looking through profiles. You don't have to choose, just start to become familiar with the info differnet Agencies offer and the types of women who are offering to donate. If you go for a country that doesn't offer you the choice (eg Greece) then obviously skip this step and go straight to teh IVF Clinic and talk to them about where they source donors from etc.

Second: Contact the/a few Clinics in the country and ask them questions about their processes, doctors, costs, timings, what happens if there are no eggs/embryo's to use when you are over there, everything you can possibly think of !

Concurrently: Get started on vitamins - 1000mg Vit E to improve your lining and pre-pregnancy like Elevit. If you have ever had any doubts about needing Immune help, get onto that in Aus NOW.

Then, enjoy the journey - it is nowhere near as overwhelming as it feels at the beginning.
    Thanks Cathy69. I'm planning on making this weekend my weekend of action. Yay! Thanks for so much valuable info. I will register with the agencies and start going through the donor lists. I am already on Warren de Ambrosis' famous list of supplements so I think I'm right there, including all the immune specific ones. Anything else? Thanks it really helps to hear your wise words of first steps. This all seems a bit overwhelming otherwise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sunny thanks lovely for the great advice. I'm going to start doing the agency registration now! Xox

Thanks
    Reviews

Congratulations on making the move @MamaKes ! You will not regret it 😄. I used ababysa btw and they were great.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey juliemalooley I think I missed but how did you go on wed ?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (07-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, im just sitting in the hospital room waiting for my intralipids to be given. Yesterday i had a terrible day and wasnfeeling really down and out and sad. I was teary all day and just felt s#@t. Today i have a feeling like im going to get AF. Its not cramps but it doesnt feel 'right'. Im nervous about it. And im freaking out at going to SA on my own. Stress levels are high! I know its not helping anything. Any tips? I will be seeing the Dr any minute so will ask him about my feelings of AF. My ultrasound isnt until tuesday. I hope all is ok in there. Maybe its just side effects from the meds.

Jennski glad it has all worked out with your flights and accomodation hope everyone else is going well. I could do with a bottle of wine and a cheese board!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (06-11-2015),Lolly99  (07-11-2015)