Closed Thread
Page 53 of 106 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennski View Post
    Wow KLM, that was quick (well, maybe not for you!) Congratulations Hun, and welcome little Kira.

Thank you all the good flight advice. We found some, much cheaper than the $4800 quoted.

Tomorrow at work I start the '1 week countdown' to flying out. Luckily we aren't gone so long this time and don't have that head-rush of getting everything done before I go. I must say that this time I don't feel as prepared, as confident, or as excited. I can't get on top of my nonchalance, maybe my heart knows this is going to be a bust again. I am trying to be positive but I keep slipping into 'sigh' mode, going through the motions to get this over and done with. Is that just 2nd time around experience I wonder? I wish I could find that 'caged tiger' feeling I had last time. Ho hum!

Good luck to our PUPO girl Tahli.

@Jennski that is exactly how I felt on my last trip. I was absolutely positive we were throwing away another few thousand dollars for nothing. It was just going through the motions and even after getting back, I just knew it was going to be a BFN... it was like - 'lets just get this over with so I can start looking for our new donor'. Seems I was wrong. And for the record I am NEVER wrong LOL. But yep, negative feelings help me cope. When I'm right about a BFN its like 'ah well, no surprises there, lets get on with it'. Bad attitude but it works for me. I'm still waiting for something to go wrong now. U/s this afternoon after last weekends bleeding but to be honest I actually expect that everything will be ok - which is really unusual for me.
    Huge congratulations @klm0511 on baby Kira - I can't even imagine how special it must feel

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (04-11-2015),ECM1981  (04-11-2015),Jennski  (04-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's only two weeks from today that I'm leaving to go to ct. Its getting suddenly very real and scary.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irishhelllsbells For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (04-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (04-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishhelllsbells View Post
    It's only two weeks from today that I'm leaving to go to ct. Its getting suddenly very real and scary.
    How exciting @Irishhelllsbells ! Are you going on your own?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to be asking this stupid question but what does PUPO stand for? I'm hopeless with all the acronyms and have to keep the cheat sheet with me whenever I'm here but I cannot work out this one.
    AFM we think we have finally put our shortlist of preferred donors together and am now sweating the wait to see if any are available on the set dates we've received from CFC, and of course happy to donate to us. It's been a whole 24 hours without word from the agency and it's killing me. I wanted to call them tonight to make sure they received my email and find out why they haven't replied but DP talked me down. Now we have finally made the donor decision I want it to start NOW ! Am I being too impatient ?
    Congrats to everyone who shared good news over the last few days. And good luck to those who are finally packing and on their way.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Outoftime For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (06-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Outoftime pregnant until proven otherwise

9. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

Outoftime  (04-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @midnite01. I would never have guessed that one.

Has anyone had CFC delay an egg collection cycle because the donor had a BMI that was in the overweight range ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first donor choice was knocked back by CFC after she did her testing and they found out her BMI. I wasn't able to use her unless I wanted to wait around months for her to lose the weight. So we went with another donor.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaJane75 For This Useful Post:

Outoftime  (05-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Outoftime here is a list that might be helpful http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...-Abbreviations

I know what you mean about wanting it quickly I think it went fast for me, I started considering ED in July and here we are off in a week and a half for CT. A few months is good though give yourself and DH time to get healthy, get on your vitamins, and sort out all your medications. Also don't forget to plan some fun things as well to keep stress down. We're trying to see it as a holiday with 3 medical appointments to attend to. Of course I'm not seeing it that way!! But I'm trying
    Irishhellsbells I will be in CT when you are also. There are a few others going to be there too but I think they will be leaving a day or so after you arrive. If you like to meet up you can pm me. I actually think you mentioned your dates before and we have the same dates lining scan on 20th and hopefully ET on 28thl
    cheers everyone!
    lolly

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (05-11-2015),Outoftime  (06-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I think I may have DH on board for a DE cycle! Yay! Someone asked me earlier (sorry can't remember who) after I mentioned that he's not keen to go to so much expense and effort for a third Bub - if he doesn't want a third? I ended up asking him, as we have a DS11 and a DS6 each from previous marriages. He replied he does want another - but that this is just such a big and scary and expensive length to go to for another one. And he's right. But I still desperately want it. So.....I'm off to start spreadsheeting my pros and cons for clinics and countries (SA is the leader) and look at when our savings could get us there by. I'm inpatient and want to draw on my equity or super and just 'get it done'. Sorry for the long post it's just not felt as achievable till now. X

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (06-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps what is the first and next steps you take after you decide on a country and a clinic??