Closed Thread
Page 51 of 106 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh sounds delightful ferngirl! were you on them for a while? Julie glad to hear all has settled down. I used the pessaries last time when i had probs with the injections and i didnt mind them. Will see how i go i guess. Looking forward to hearing if tahli transfered 1 or 2

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (04-11-2015),Tahli  (03-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I was just wondering if anyone had looked into having their frozen embryos transferred to a clinic closer to home for a FET?
    I know it's illegal to have them transferred to Aust (?) but we were thinking maybe to Thailand or Singapore?
    Any idea of clinics we could use and costs? We asked CFC but they said we would need to organize our own courier and chose our own clinic. 😳
    Thank you. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mardicharli - I have only ever heard of 1 couple trying to transfer and it was horrendously expensive and time consuming as you need to meet not only South Africa's requirements but also the country they are being imported into. Based on that experience I don't think you will find any benefit and you are also then needing to find a clinic as good as CFC for defrosting and transfer.

CJC - Crinone 'leftovers' is a universal thing if you are on them more than a couple of weeks. You just get to live with it. I never tried the 'back entrance' for Crinone but agree it is much better for Pesseries.

Jennski - I also agree with Emski about booking direct through airlines rather than booking companies especially if you are trying to do minimum number of days - the stress of wondering if you will be able to change a flight if needed can be quite overwhelming.

Very exciting that everyone is getting closer to heading over.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (03-11-2015),Jennski  (03-11-2015),mardicharli  (03-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mardicharlie - Canuck has/is currently transferring embies back to her own country

Jennski - flights - looked at sky scanner then booked direct with carrier. I made horrendous mistake this year when booked Qantas for March 20th - when actually had booked feb 20th (days and dates same in non leap year for feb and March) realised on feb 21st when planning flight from j'burg to Cape Town .....Qantas gave me all money back when they didn't have to - did cry on the phone! Couldn't get a good deal for the dates with Qantas again and ended up going South African airlines booked direct again because of all the connections.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to crabby For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (03-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Would like to let you know that Kira Faith Beryl was born at 8:53am today the 3rd November! 3kg and 49cm long. Feeding well. We are all doing well. 😊

9. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Aspire  (05-11-2015),Canuck1  (03-11-2015),Cathy69  (03-11-2015),cjocoh71  (03-11-2015),crabby  (03-11-2015),ECM1981  (03-11-2015),EmmaJane75  (03-11-2015),ferngirl  (03-11-2015),Jennski  (03-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (04-11-2015),Lisaxxx  (03-11-2015),MamaKes  (03-11-2015),mardicharli  (03-11-2015),Patsy73  (04-11-2015),Tahli  (03-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations KLM! Welcome Kira!

I'm not sure which is more unpleasant, the crinone clean-out or trying to ship embryos from one country to another...
    @ECM1981 - I had the same issues with crinone. I had way fewer side effects with crinone than pessaries. In retrospect, I don't think I was absorbing enough progesterone with the crinone because I was not doing the clean out. At my next attempt, I will be using pessaries.

@mardicharli - I am in the process of trying to ship my embryos from CFC to Toronto. There have been numerous road blocks and bumps, here are a few:
    - mid-****** CFC changed the pricing from $500 ($250 lab + $250 admin) to $1,000 ($500 lab + $500 admin) - that said, they did meet me halfway on this,
    - Canadian regulations require different infectious disease testing than South Africa, necessitating testing of the CFC sperm donor who graciously went back to CFC,
    - communication between my lab in Toronto to me and CFC has been strained (this problem is totally the lab in Toronto - but I can't imagine doing it with a lab in another country),
    - you need an export permit from South Africa which can take up to eight weeks to process (it was the one thing went smoothly - it took three weeks for me).

That said, for me it is a much better option than going back to Cape Town. I would love to go back, but I have considered the following:
    - the flight from Toronto is 21 hours, the flight from Cape Town is 28 hours. My understanding is that Australia is ~14 hours. Both myself (campylobacter - which causes miscarriages) and another Canadian who is shipping her embryos at the same time as me (pneumonia) got sick on the flight home from Cape Town.
    - I have 10 embryos. My RE here thinks that I have at least three shots with those embryos. I have had two miscarriages. Emotionally, trying again will be much easier for me knowing that if it fails, I won't have to fly back to Cape Town.
    - I loved Cape Town and would really like to go back some day. But flying back after a transfer would undo me given how sick I was.

That said, CFC has been helpful in trying to get them shipped here. I have found a great shipper - Cryozoom. They were recommended by the largest sperm/egg bank in Canada, deliver globally and hand ship the straws. One thing to look at with shippers is whether or not they hand ship (if they don't the dry shippers are transported in the hold of the plane and may be subject to x-rays).

It has taken me three and a half months of e-mailing to get to the point where it is becoming a strong possibility of those embryos arriving before Christmas. If I had fewer embryos or a shorter flight, I would have been on a plane in August.

AFM, I am waiting to have my embryos shipped for a FET here. The current hold-up is that the other Canadian who has arranged to ship with me has the receiving clinic's old address on her export form. They are moving tomorrow. Cryozoom is communicating with Canadian customs to see if this is a problem.
    My RE actually called me last week to thank me for my administrative skills and persistence as I am his first client to arrange this.
    Last edited by Canuck1; 03-11-2015 at 14:08.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (03-11-2015),ECM1981  (03-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (04-11-2015),KLM0511  (03-11-2015),Lolly99  (03-11-2015),mardicharli  (03-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge congratulations on the safe arrival of your daughter KLM. Enjoy every second with your precious little one. Xxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (03-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cjocoh71 View Post
    Ladies,

Has anyone used the Embryoscope at CFC, and would you say it increased your chances of success?

Thanks so much!
    Xoxo

What does it do and how does it increase chances? I didnt use it, i think its new? But would love to know more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow canuck it sounds like you have put in a lot of work to get your embryos back to you. No doubt it has been stressful for you. I hope it all works out. Best of luck xx

Congratulations KLM on your new baby. How wonderful! Xx

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (04-11-2015),KLM0511  (03-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    just wondering about this crinone everyone is talking about...Its not on my list! I'm only to take the synarel and progynova for my cycle. I know everyone is different and have different doctors but I'm getting scared that I missed something!! I've also only been told take one clexane an hour before flight and that is all. I think some of you are on that for a few weeks?! Not that I'm complaining really about only having to take 2 meds but want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.
    cjocoh I had heard about the embyroscope here and googled it. it is supposed to help by being able to see the embryos better? and also with using that the don't have to take the embies out to see them under the microscope and that they will be undisturbed until transfer time.
    Congrats kmp

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (03-11-2015)