Closed Thread
Page 46 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls sorry to crash your thread but if it's ok could someone give me a rough guide on how much it costs for donor egg in SA and do they do Pgd testing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    $7500 aud thereabouts depending on ex rate etc. sorry no idea about testing. You need to add your travel and accom costs to that - budget for 14 days in SA. I did it in comfort all up for just under $15k incl the IVF & meds.

IMO it is excellent value.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (29-10-2015),midnite01  (29-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cathy69: Thank you for all the info you provided re: NK cells and Immunology issues. Still frustrated that once again none of my medical "team" have raised with me. Am seeing my local Fertility Naturopath tomorrow and will ask her about this.

Lastchance75: I understand that CFC offers both PGD and PGS. I would check directly with them re: costs.

MamaKes: As you consider other possible clinics, stay away from HART Fertility and Dr. Sascha Edelstein. We wasted a full cycle with him this past June. He is a sole-practioner, and while I was drawn to his alternative and holistic approach, many of his staff is very inexperienced (esp his in-house embryologist), and he is less than honest, rather than arming you with the real-deal, allowing us to have made better informed decisions.

Am 6 days into my meds protocol and getting ready to return to CT in 10 days. Super-exciting, but also a little unnerving. Trying hard to stay calm.

Is late, so heading to bed on this side of the world.

Sweet dreams
    Xoxo

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cjocoh71 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (29-10-2015),MamaKes  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls. Wow $7500 is a lot cheaper than the $27k conceptions quoted in Hawaii. Might have to run that one past the hubby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry one last question. What's the name of the clinic in SA most peopl go to? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    CFC = Cape Fertility Clinic

Oh, and PS: EVERYTHING is always more expensive in Hawaii ...!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lastchance we havent been to cfc yet but will do if we need to. From my reading it is a top notch clinic and the cheap price is also resulting from the good exchange rate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastchance75 View Post
    Sorry one last question. What's the name of the clinic in SA most peopl go to? TIA

Cape Fertility Clinic.

Dr Wiswedel is a pioneer in his field, and founded CFC back in the nineties. It is one of the best clinics in the Southern Hemisphere. Put those googling fingers' efforts into finding a suitable donor rather than suitable clinic. You've just found it.

SA has such a better system than in Aus, I couldn't see the point in advertising, waiting and wondering, and then relying on someone to 'pick us' to donate for, and she would be in her 30's most probably with OE age problems of her own, a big fat BMI and an even fatter wallet after she was finished. I have heard of a recipient having to 'donate' a new car and another an overseas holiday which adds about $15k on top of the already expensive IVF procedure costs. I don't take to kindly to being at someone's mercy like that. To me, this is a business transaction - I pay her for something I don't have. She walks away moula in hand, we walk away with embie in womb. Simple, straight forward and time effective. Go to whoa about 6-8weeks after you pick the donor. Can't get better than that when you are in your forties with time running out...

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (29-10-2015),Lolly99  (31-10-2015),Outoftime  (30-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennski View Post

Cape Fertility Clinic.

Dr Wiswedel is a pioneer in his field, and founded CFC back in the nineties. It is one of the best clinics in the Southern Hemisphere. Put those googling fingers' efforts into finding a suitable donor rather than suitable clinic. You've just found it.

SA has such a better system than in Aus, I couldn't see the point in advertising, waiting and wondering, and then relying on someone to 'pick us' to donate for, and she would be in her 30's most probably with OE age problems of her own, a big fat BMI and an even fatter wallet after she was finished. I have heard of a recipient having to 'donate' a new car and another an overseas holiday which adds about $15k on top of the already expensive IVF procedure costs. I don't take to kindly to being at someone's mercy like that. To me, this is a business transaction - I pay her for something I don't have. She walks away moula in hand, we walk away with embie in womb. Simple, straight forward and time effective. Go to whoa about 6-8weeks after you pick the donor. Can't get better than that when you are in your forties with time running out...

I must say this too:

We have chickens in our backyard which we call our feather babies, we love them so much. At Christmas time last year one of our chickens went clucky. She sat and waited for a few weeks before I said to DH that we need to find her some eggs. We purchased a dozen purebred eggs for her. Three weeks later, she had her eggs hatching baby chicks. Now, Mummy Fatty (as we call her) is white. All her chicks are black, grey, brown and speckled. None of them were white, but she fussed and clucked and fed those chicks like they were her own. She didn't know, or particularly care why they didn't look like her - she just loved them because she hatched them and they were hers. They love her because, now fully grown, they still stay close to her and are still her little family.

That's my story of how nature taught me a lesson - it doesn't have to be your own eggs, you just have to nurture and love and raise them when they arrive and they will be yours. Families are about the day to day stuff, not the who has who's genes and who doesn't.

And my DH, well he's an honest, hardworking man and he deserves to be a father. Every day I thank Mummy Fatty for showing me the way to my own family, and she is totally oblivious - she is too busy looking after her own!

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

Cathy69  (30-10-2015),Charlie74  (31-10-2015),ECM1981  (29-10-2015),emski72  (30-10-2015),HFAM  (29-10-2015),Lolly99  (30-10-2015),MamaKes  (25-11-2015),mardicharli  (29-10-2015),midnite01  (29-10-2015),Outoftime  (30-10-2015),Patsy73  (29-10-2015),Tahli  (30-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennski View Post
    I must say this too:

We have chickens in our backyard which we call our feather babies, we love them so much. At Christmas time last year one of our chickens went clucky. She sat and waited for a few weeks before I said to DH that we need to find her some eggs. We purchased a dozen purebred eggs for her. Three weeks later, she had her eggs hatching baby chicks. Now, Mummy Fatty (as we call her) is white. All her chicks are black, grey, brown and speckled. None of them were white, but she fussed and clucked and fed those chicks like they were her own. She didn't know, or particularly care why they didn't look like her - she just loved them because she hatched them and they were hers. They love her because, now fully grown, they still stay close to her and are still her little family.

That's my story of how nature taught me a lesson - it doesn't have to be your own eggs, you just have to nurture and love and raise them when they arrive and they will be yours. Families are about the day to day stuff, not the who has who's genes and who doesn't.

And my DH, well he's an honest, hardworking man and he deserves to be a father. Every day I thank Mummy Fatty for showing me the way to my own family, and she is totally oblivious - she is too busy looking after her own!

That was beautiful to read Jennski! Thank you for sharing it

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (30-10-2015)