Closed Thread
Page 44 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi cjocoh71. I am also having my transfer on the 16th at CFC! We may bump into each other. If you want to PM me i can give u more details you may have read this is my 3rd DE attempt. I am throwing everything at it-well it feels like it for me anyway!- including intralipids and prednisolone. I was tested for nk cells and mine are slightly elevated. Although, my Dr in perth does not think this is the reason i have not fallen pregnant. He thinks i have just been unlucky? Im not sure how i feel about that. So anyway, one dose intralipids about 3 weeks ago and will have another dose before i leave which ends up being 10days before my transfer. If this time doesnt work out for me i dont know what to do next. I will most likely make an appointment with Dr M who a lot of the girls see, although he is in a diff state to me. I am on same meds as you otherwise, and have added baby asprin and fish oil too. Goodluck! I hope you have success this time as your right, it is gut wrenching when it doesnt work. I felt like i let my top quality embryos down and felt very very down. I dont want to feel like that again. Wishing you all the best xx
    Last edited by ECM1981; 27-10-2015 at 17:50.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Help please. Trying to pick a donor but really struggling. I've made a list of must have criteria and wants. Then when I got a shortlist I threw out the criteria and picked others. Trying to connect with one but it's not happening and the couple I am warming to are not proven donors but are 22 & 23 yrs old. Anyone can share some suggestions on how you picked your donors? I'm getting tied in knots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi outoftime, oh dear! It is a hard decision but if you over think it it becomes harder. Are there any on there that have the same hair colour and body type? Or any that look similar to your siblings or cousins or what you looked like when you were a baby? When i was picking my donor my husband didnt want to see any pics so i did it on my own. The girl i chose had similar interests, same hair colour, eye colour and body type. But she was not a proven donor. Although i have heard that there have been 3 pregnancies from her donations,after me.... they just werent me She was 22yrs old. If i dont have success this time i will be asking the donor clinic to match me with someone, i may not even look at photos. I know that once i get a baby in my arms it will be the most beautiful baby in the world anyway and will have parts of my husband that will shine through and i will just fall in love with him or her as soon as i lay eyes on them does that help? Try not to stress too much even tho it is a very big decision x

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (27-10-2015),Outoftime  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ Lolly99 i just sent a PM. Did it go through? Not sure whats going on argh!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ECM1981. Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time. It's hard when the world is being particularly cruel for no reason. You just want to kick it in the nuts.

I'm hopeless at seeing resemblances in any photos and DP is worse. He can't even tell its me in photos I show him . I've been able to stick with same hair colour and height. That's where I fall off the rails. When I think I have someone I like DP points out something he doesn't like which then makes me have doubts. most of the photos provided of donors are pretty poor which makes it harder. Can you usually get more photos of the donor? Not being able to see what they look like now is also hard to try and match with my looks. I've sent my photos to the agencies but I'm not getting much joy with responses yet.
    Last edited by Outoftime; 27-10-2015 at 21:24.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Outoftime For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Hi everyone, i am afyer advice on clexane and transfer. My Dr in perth recommends to miss clexane on the day of transfer bit continue as usual after transfer. CFC recommends taking clexane all the way through. Does any one have any advice on this? I welcome all thoughts.
    @Jennski and @ Lolly99 Im not sure that my PM replies are going through? If you havent received my message from yesterday let me know. I don't want you to think im ignoring you counting down each day!! 17 days till fly out for me! Yikes. goodluck to us all!
    No ECM, nothing. I get an email to let me know, though I did get your PM about emailing Cyndi. I sometimes can't get them to work either. I was just puttng it down to being a blonde day. Try again ?

The 16th November will be an invasion of Aussies at CFC.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Outoftime, this was the process that worked for me (feel free to use, modify or ignore)...

I set up a spreadsheet to organise all the info. Some of the columns were basic info (agency, donor no, age, hair colour, eye colour, blood type, height, weight, bmi) I also noted location/travel (I went through CFC so I wanted a CT based donor if possible), employment, education. There was also one for 'anything else' in there I put 'handedness' (Both DH and I are 'lefties') smoking status, family heritage (English, Dutch etc). I also cut and pasted a photo or two from their profiles as a reminder.

I also had particular criteria (no adoptions, no female cancers, my height or thereabouts, heathly BMI and 28 or under, CT based preferably) I didn't worry about proven or not.

All of this just allowed me to get my head around the tons of info in the profiles. I then grouped then by 'tick every box', 'tick every box but required travel', 'minor issue' or 'major issue'.

I then sat with DH and we agreed on a shortlist and put them in order, this is where the 'gut feel' came in to it, and meant that we were only going through about 10 profiles for the qualities (likes/dislikes/interests/hobbies etc) that we connected to, rather than 30-40 profiles. No 1 was taken, no 2 was pregnant, no 3 was taken. We then reviewed the list, agreed on our next choice and she became our donor (22 yo non proven) I am now almost 11 weeks with twins from this donation.

Good luck with the donor hunt.

Sunny

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (27-10-2015),Jennski  (28-10-2015),mardicharli  (29-10-2015),Outoftime  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Outoftime Are you looking at a few different agency's? I found my donor on gift ov life but recently had a look and they currently don't have as many donors. eDSA seemed to have a few more. Hmm, what is more important to you? That they are proven is good, but I'm sure the other ladies have more info on that, like I said my donor wasn't proven when she donated for me but now I guess she would be considered proven because there have been other pregnancies. I remember getting extra photos once I had picked my top 3 and sent the request to the agency. Sometimes I think maybe I shouldn't have allowed myself to get too attached to my donor because my imagination got away from me and I dreamed too far into the future. Also, weirdly I was a bit hurt when I found out that she had donated to 2/3 other women resulting in pregnancies. I know that is what happens realistically but I had a feeling of - and I don't know how to say this without sounding weird and selfish- but I felt sad that she didn't just donate for me. It might end up being that you pick a girl that loves cats because you love cats, or a girl that is artistic and funny. You can have a connection from anything really. That's what I think anyway. I have read that embryos from donor eggs can end up taking more of the birth mums features anyway, I mean it is our blood that is running through them and nurturing them. I'm blabbing again. Today has been one of those days where I have been questioning everything! So your not alone. I'm pretty sure questioning and stressing is hard to avoid in this 'journey'

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (27-10-2015),Jennski  (28-10-2015),Outoftime  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennski View Post
    No ECM, nothing. I get an email to let me know, though I did get your PM about emailing Cyndi. I sometimes can't get them to work either. I was just puttng it down to being a blonde day. Try again ?

The 16th November will be an invasion of Aussies at CFC.

So weird! Maybe it is a blonde thing, I am blonde too haha! Will try again and will try to send you and @Lolly99 my email so we can email instead of this forum which is playing up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear ECM1981,
    thank you for your reply. Tried to PM you, but still not sure how to do on here. LOVE that we might bump into each other on the 16th! Perhaps we should plan to connect before then too ...
    What does it mean that your nk cells are elevated? No one has ever even mentioned this to me. And then also what was the dose of intrallipids? What was this meant to do for you!
    As for not fallen pregnant being a case of bad luck, that seems unlikely and rather weak, on the part of your doc. Glad you did not stop at that, and are now on this exciting, albeit very emotional journey. Think positive and it will happen this time - I'm sure of it for you!
    Much love to you for the most successful cycle
    Xoxo
    CJC

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cjocoh71 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (28-10-2015)