Closed Thread
Page 43 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question for Sunnygirl, wazbub or anyone just wondering how people stopped their crinone and estrogen. My CFC plan just had stop cold turkey end of week 11, but I've read others saying they kept going and others weaning of at week 10, not sure what I should be doing, currently daily on 2 crinone and 4 progynova ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @ferngirl, my Dr is getting me to do one week beyond the CFC plan at half dose. That is one Crinone a day and one Progynova in the morning and one at night. I next seen him the day after finishing the extra week so if he wants me to continue a bit further it won't be like it has totally left my system. My CFC plan was stop at week ten so this weaning week is week eleven.

sunny

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fernngirl

I went a fair bit longer than CFC's instructions at the request of Dr M. Ultimately, I tapered off. Progynova reduced the same way it originally increased ie by 1 tablet per day and finished with a week of 1 tablet per day. Progesterone also tapered both in terms of strength and type ie I had 2 weeks of alternating Gestone and Crinone until it was just Crinone 3x per day and ultimately the last week was 1 Crinone per day. Sounds complicated but wasn't - essentially I was just reducing my dosage of progesterone every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks sunny and cathy69 ... I'm 10w4d like sunny do I start reducing now or next week ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks heaps @Cathy69. And thanks for explaining what each med was for. It's interesting to see how every-ones immune protocol is just slightly different. I haven't made a phone consult with Dr M in Sydney yet. I'm just piggy-backing off other girls protocols which has added Astrix to the mix for me. CFC recommended the Intralipids. My FS had me on Clexane, Q10, Vit E, Pred already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ferngirl View Post
    Thanks sunny and cathy69 ... I'm 10w4d like sunny do I start reducing now or next week ?
    Ferngirl, when I got to the stage of weaning off, I just worked backwards ie I calculated how much of everything I had and then calculated how long it would last and that was the plan. I thought there was no point ending up with leftover meds, would rather use them up.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ferngirl View Post
    Hi @ferngirl, if your CFC plan has you on progesterone until 11 wks I would be then using the next week to wean off. MY CFC plan was to 10 wks so I am in my weaning week at the moment. I finish on Wed, yay

Sunny

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gen72. I'm a newbie to this forum and to the DE world in Cape Town. I guess I have just moved towards this without too much thought other than to decide that what I was doing was not working and I was sick and tired of my life being on hold while I continued to face failed IVF cycle after cycle. And of course I was feeling completely guilty about draining the bank account cycle after cycle knowing I had Buckley's chance of success. After a week reading this forum I have decided it is the right thing. I am a believer of the universe giving you 3 hints and you need to grab it with both hands. This came when I had two very independent FS mention South Africa DE options then I stumbled upon this forum. I have already sent all of my and DP Results to CFC to start the process and and trying to work through finding a donor so we can be over in CT in Jan16. I have no suitable donor in australia that I know and I dont want to be waiting for another 5 years in the hope someone will pick me to donate to. This way I can have some control back. It may be a tiny bit but it is at least some.
    Good luck with your decision.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Outoftime For This Useful Post:

Aspire  (27-10-2015),Blinky76  (27-10-2015),ECM1981  (27-10-2015),ferngirl  (27-10-2015),Gen72  (27-10-2015),Jennski  (27-10-2015),Patsy73  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone, i am afyer advice on clexane and transfer. My Dr in perth recommends to miss clexane on the day of transfer bit continue as usual after transfer. CFC recommends taking clexane all the way through. Does any one have any advice on this? I welcome all thoughts.
    @Jennski and @ Lolly99 Im not sure that my PM replies are going through? If you havent received my message from yesterday let me know. I don't want you to think im ignoring you counting down each day!! 17 days till fly out for me! Yikes. goodluck to us all!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (27-10-2015),Lolly99  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,
    l'm actually a Canadian, but have followed this forum for several months and found it to have been enormously helpful (Thank you to all who have posted, and shared so much!)
    Very quickly, our story is that after 4 unsuccessful spontaneous/natural pregnancies, we undertook a DE cycle this past June2015. We landed on SA for a variety of reasons, including bullet-proof anonymity legislation, my having been born in Johannesburg, and first-class medical care in SA. It too was unsuccessful and possibly more gut-wrenching than any of my previous losses. We did not work with CFC and didn't know much, so our 30-year old donor was unproven.
    We are now patients of CFC and have selected a proven donor. We head to CT on Nov 7th; my first scan is on Nov 9th (the day we arrive), and hoping all goes well, retrieval on the 11th, and transfer likely on the 16th.
    We only received our confirmed plan during the past 10days, and booked our flights and accommodations over this past weekend. For those of you worried about timing, things come together rather quickly once CFC confirms your treatment plan and timing. Try to stay present and not to stress or worry, unnecessarily. The process takes on a bit of a life of its own - likely good prep for what it must be like to have a baby ...!
    i filled all of my prescriptions locally and began my drug protocol this past Sat. It is as follows, and I'm looking for some guidance from others, who might have followed the same as myself for any resulting side effects of any of these drugs:
    1. Leuprolide acetate 3.75mg depot injection x 1 (Lupron®)
    2. Estradiol valerate/hemihydrate 2mg tablets x 140 (Estrace®,
    Estrofem®) - I've got Estrace
    3. Enoxaparin 40mg injection x 35 (Lovenox®, Clexane®) - I've got Lovenox
    4. Progesterone in oil injection 50mg/ml, 10ml vial x 4
    And then lastly, wondering about immune protocols and intrallipids. Have been reading all about them, but do not know what they are, and don't seem to have either included in my own drug protocols, and wondering why not??
    it has been such an inspiration to read about all of the successes and can only hope and pray that this time we will be included in this esteemed group.
    Wishing everyone on here much love and success.
    And thank you in anticipation, for any light you might shed, regarding my above questions.
    Xoxo
    CJC
    Last edited by cjocoh71; 27-10-2015 at 15:30.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cjocoh71 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (27-10-2015),Gen72  (27-10-2015),Jennski  (27-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (27-10-2015),Patsy73  (27-10-2015)