Closed Thread
Page 39 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ferngirl View Post
    Great news juliemalooley two bouncy ones ...

I had my first obs appointment today and was glad to finally have an abdominal scan not as sunny puts it a dildo cam .. So relieved a bouncy little bean at 10wk0day with a good hb yay
    Ha, thanks for the mention, @ferngirl! Good to hear that you are progressing well.

We were tag-teaming our scans for a while but our first non 'dildo cam' scan is not until next week due to DH's work schedule.

I am lucky in that my FS is also an OBGYN so we will have total continuity of care with the same Dr. He is getting me to cut down Progynova and Crinone this week and stopping next Wed, yet another milestone that I am looking forward to.

I have been thinking about the various diagnostic blood tests (eg Harmony). Does anyone know if any of them are still reliable with twins?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @JulieMalooley Ta. Do you think they would still be effective taking them so late in the game....1.5wks pre-transfer? There's no script required is there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks charlie and sunny girl. When we did our first few cycles ages ago i was off caffeine and alcohol completely but it didnt make a difference- well i didnt get any good news. We love trying new cafes on the weekend. It became our thing while we both gave up alcohol and we love it so your right charlie, who knows how long this process will take. You need to have some simple pleasures. Thank you all for the reasaurance

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Thanks @JulieMaloolie and @emski. So easy to obsess and stress over every little thing! I drink rooibos which is nice and at mocha bean in CT they so a lovely rooibos latte so i can give up my coffee during transfer time i dont know whats wrong with me today, im feeling very emotional and fidgety and nervous! Think i might go get a latte! Thanks for your replies xx
    ECM Rooibos tea is caffeine free. It isn't actually a tea, it's a herbal plant called Red Bush. Do some googling on its benefits - it's amazing. I drink a couple of large cups a day.

I am feeling the same nervousness. I stopped the OCP today, have the date for the depot injection (even that hasn't arrived from the UK yet) and our donors Psychological test is not till Tuesday 27th. We will get our plan once all the results are back. I am trying not to think about how fine we are cutting it to get flights and accomm, probably about the week before we are due in CT. I am purposefully just focusing on the next crucial date that I need to do something. Last time we were all set about a month before, this time we are approx 2 1/2 weeks out (I don't want to look up just how long it is) and not at all ready. Stressing fixes nothing though, and only adds to the nervousness so I refuse to partake in it (she says as she again wonders if it will all fall into place in time!). I am leaving everything in the capable hands of CFC, it's not ideal but what else can I do?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (22-10-2015),wazbub  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Sunnygirl04, my ob advised against the expensive $500 test at 12 weeks for twins because they still cant determine if something comes back abnormal which twin it belong too. He advised us to go for the standard test with 96% accuracy and pay more heed to the ultrasound at 13 weeks. If they both show something of concern we will then do further testing.
    I'm 11.2 weeks today, have phased off progynova and am now starting on the crinone phase down. Very much looking forward to getting rid of that! Our twins were looking good in this weeks scan. No longer blobs, they have arms and legs.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wazbub For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-10-2015),Jennski  (22-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (22-10-2015),mardicharli  (22-10-2015),SalSA2015  (22-10-2015),Sunnygirl04  (22-10-2015),Tahli  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jennski, great attitude, dont let it stress you. I booked everything in under 2 weeks out for our trip so it is possible! You have the added benefit this time of knowing a little bit about CT so easier to make quick decisions. Good luck hun. I've got my fingers crossed hoping that everything is perfect for you and you get your result.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wazbub For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @JulieMalooley Ta. Do you think they would still be effective taking them so late in the game....1.5wks pre-transfer? There's no script required is there?
    No script for Astirix and yes definitely start it now. It can't hurt.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's right @Jennski, it's not a big unknown for you this time so you'll be able to organise no prob and there's several airlines that fly there so you don't need to worry about flight except you won't get a bargain. If that's the worst you have to deal with, you'll be fine 😀 good luck getting your plan together !

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brilliant ta @JulieMalooley. I'll grab some tomorrow. I think I'm doing everything you did on your cycle now. Except you're doing a higher dose of Pred I think? I'm only on 10mg.
    Lining Scan on Monday, Intralipids on Tuesday, fly out Saturday. I've decided to only transfer the one embryo. It's starting to feel more real now.
    @wazbub Congrats on your bubs gorgeous arms and legs!!
    @Jennski Good luck with your planning hun. I've organised this trip on the same time-line as you.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh Wazbub, you're nearly out of your first trimester, that means Kay2015 would be too! How exciting, and a little jealousy inducing!! Never mind, I look at our August BFN as that our little Bubski wasn't meant to look like DH and that donor. Maybe Bubski is meant to look like DH and this donor. Only time will tell. I tell ya though, with our lack of real planning this cycle, if anything manages to stick it will be a miracle - maybe they will come sliding to a stop sideways with a whoop and a cheer and yelling "is this where the party's at; let's get it started". I desperately hope so!

Seeing arms and legs must be soooooo exciting, I'm so happy for you.

Congratulations to all our mummy's-to-be's!

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-10-2015),ferngirl  (22-10-2015),mardicharli  (22-10-2015),Tahli  (22-10-2015),wazbub  (22-10-2015)