Closed Thread
Page 38 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    As you can tell anxiety is starting to kick in over my next transfer in 3 weeks! Freaking out a bit

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (22-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #11

Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Thanks ferngirl and julie. Julie I am taking all those meds this time too so i hope it does the trick. And just then i read todays paper with an article on asprin increasing fertility so i think i will add that too. What is a normal dose considering im also taking clexane? Thank you ☺
    A mini aspirin - brand name is astirix. One of the few drugs we are on that is cheap

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (22-10-2015),ECM1981  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Girls this is going to sound silly in the grand scheme of things but has anyone got any advice on coffee. I dont drink a lot of it, maybe a half strength latte 2-3 times a week. My fs told me that is fine. I really enjoy my latte on the weekend. I did give up caffeine for a long time but started to relax a little, including my glass of wine here and there. I justfiy it by saying to myself i have given up plenty and im being healthy everywhere else so the odd coffee or glass of wine wont hurt. What do you think? Obviously no wine during cycles and prior. Its hard not to get hung up on everything that goes in to your mouth/body wondering if it is whats causing the problem. "Eat this dont eat that" it overwhelms me!
    @ECM1981 I never worried about caffeine or alcohol limits pre transfer - maybe that's why I had so much bad luck, but I never had more than 2 coffees per day anyway. About the same in wine I suppose. I am however being very careful with caffeine now that I'm pregnant and drinking one coffee and one tea per day max, plus I've got a really nice organic decaf. I'm more concious of the caffeine than the alcohol as it 'could' contribute to miscarriage. I am not going to feel guilty about having 1 glass of wine VERY intermittently when pregnant. I believe (after googling the hell out of it) that as long as its not on an empty stomach, one glass every so often won't hurt - but thats just my opinion. I certainly don't intend to drink every few days, but maybe 1 every week or two? I specifically asked Dr W about drinking while pregnant and he said exactly that - as long as its not on an empty stomach. I can understand your intrepidation and stress - I hope this is your 'trip of a lifetime'

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Caffeine & booze don't matter pre transfer with Donor eggs...its post transfer that it matters.
    I love my 1-2 espresso per day but in the first 12 weeks switched to decaf,in fact I didn't really feel like coffee so it didn't matter too much. Then I had Madura tea as its low caffeine. I didn't drink at all while pregnant and normally love my wine... after I had her I was too tired to drink for about 4 months!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @JulieMaloolie and @emski. So easy to obsess and stress over every little thing! I drink rooibos which is nice and at mocha bean in CT they so a lovely rooibos latte so i can give up my coffee during transfer time i dont know whats wrong with me today, im feeling very emotional and fidgety and nervous! Think i might go get a latte! Thanks for your replies xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Conrgrats @ferngirl! I'm so excited for you. Wow, only a few weeks to go & you'll be into your second trimester. Happy days.
    You continue to be my single transfer inspiration. It can be successful!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JulieMalooley How much of the Astirix did you take...is there a standard dosage?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @JulieMalooley How much of the Astirix did you take...is there a standard dosage?
    Yes @Tahli, the standard dosage is 1 per day.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-10-2015),Tahli  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ECM, I agree with other girls re caffeine and booze, pre transfer no worries at all! I was gulping down the best SA pinotage the evening before transfer and a glad of wine on the day of transfer too...with Dr W's approval (read suggestion)
    Thankfully for me I lost taste for coffee and wine within first month of pregnancy, to the point I couldn't stand the smell even. But an odd glass here and there and one cup of coffee a day shouldn't be a problem. So I say relax and enjoy those few pleasures here and there!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Devaki For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @ECM1981 I cut down to one cup of instant coffee a day a few months before going to CT and have kept on that routine (now 10w1d) with a second cup about once a month. I feed my hot drink habit with infusion teas and the very occasional hot choc.

I'm not a big drinker anyway so the alcohol was not big deal. We actually went to Stellenbosch a few days after transfer and I probably had the equivalent of a glass or so of wine. Am happy to be the designated driver for a while, but DH isn't a big drinker either so it is no big sacrifice for the twins arriving as healthy as I can make them.
    Last edited by Sunnygirl04; 22-10-2015 at 16:13.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

Cathy69  (22-10-2015),ECM1981  (22-10-2015)