Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! Huge congratulations JulieMalooley! Xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (21-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dr W has just said that CFC routinely use embryo glue for each patient. And the embryologist just confirmed that my 7 frozen embryos are stored in individual straws which is a great relief.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (21-10-2015),Lolly99  (21-10-2015),mardicharli  (21-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news juliemalooley two bouncy ones ...

I had my first obs appointment today and was glad to finally have an abdominal scan not as sunny puts it a dildo cam .. So relieved a bouncy little bean at 10wk0day with a good hb yay

Have my first Tri bloods next week and Igene test( which we are doing regardless) and ultrasound the week after ...

Does anyone know if we can claim anything back on crinone ! It's ~300 + for 15 days supply which you need three lots of to get to 11 weeks, in hindsight I would have gambled and got the lot in ct or maybe gestone.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (22-10-2015),mardicharli  (21-10-2015),SalSA2015  (22-10-2015),Tahli  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ferngirl - I bought mine at CFC and it was $60 a box!! Look around a bit for prices as a friend bought some in Aust last year for $120 a box. Good luck! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge congrats @JulieMaloolie and @ferngirl such exciting times! You must both feel amazing! Can you pls remind me were they fresh or frozen transfers?

Can someone tell me more about the embryo glue-would they have mentioned it if they had if used it with me? Is it mixed with the embryo solution or is it added?

Thanks for the info about claiming back on meds, i never thought you could. My last bill was 490 for 2 synerals, clexane and progynova and i still need to get crinone. Im starting my syneral today

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fresh transfer of 1 for me.

CFC when I asked said they always use embryo glue as standard with their transfers. I believe embryo glue to be like a trademark name of the fluid that they transfer the egg in which is supposed to increase rate of implant.

I claimed my drugd last night and I could claim crinone on my health insurance for my plan up to $500 (yay) on pharmaceuticals, I'm not sure if there is another way of claiming ( through Medicare ?) but shopping around is not something I thought of or did I kind of assumed it was all the same, next time !

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-10-2015),Tahli  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferngirl View Post
    Great news juliemalooley two bouncy ones ...

I had my first obs appointment today and was glad to finally have an abdominal scan not as sunny puts it a dildo cam .. So relieved a bouncy little bean at 10wk0day with a good hb yay

Have my first Tri bloods next week and Igene test( which we are doing regardless) and ultrasound the week after ...

Does anyone know if we can claim anything back on crinone ! It's ~300 + for 15 days supply which you need three lots of to get to 11 weeks, in hindsight I would have gambled and got the lot in ct or maybe gestone.
    Thanks @ferngirl and congratulations on a good 10wk result ! What is an igene test? Is it like a harmony? @ECM1981, mine was a frozen transfer of the two lesser quality embies. The first two great ones failed on the fresh transfer. I believe the embryo glue is just a different liquid the embies are already in when they are transferred which encourages implantation more than usual.
    Having thought about this last cycle, after all the embies I've transferred unsuccessfully, especially those last two perfect ones in CT that DIDNT stick, for both of these ones to stick this time, it can only be all the extra meds (prednisone, clexane, aspirin, fish oil, intralipids etc) that made this work. I mean really - for both to stick after all those failures ?!?! Too big a coincidence methinks.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (22-10-2015),ECM1981  (22-10-2015),Sunnygirl04  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @JulieMalooley and @ferngirl, great news! Can't believe how many twins we have had this year!

I also 'hedged my bets' as it were and bought the extra meds in CT as it was a lot cheaper. Hesitated a bit as I didn't want to jinx a posssible BFP but reasoned that if I got a BFN, I'd hopefully be able to use them next time. Luckily, I only needed one trip...

Hello to everyone else. x

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (22-10-2015),Lolly99  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ferngirl and julie. Julie I am taking all those meds this time too so i hope it does the trick. And just then i read todays paper with an article on asprin increasing fertility so i think i will add that too. What is a normal dose considering im also taking clexane? Thank you ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls this is going to sound silly in the grand scheme of things but has anyone got any advice on coffee. I dont drink a lot of it, maybe a half strength latte 2-3 times a week. My fs told me that is fine. I really enjoy my latte on the weekend. I did give up caffeine for a long time but started to relax a little, including my glass of wine here and there. I justfiy it by saying to myself i have given up plenty and im being healthy everywhere else so the odd coffee or glass of wine wont hurt. What do you think? Obviously no wine during cycles and prior. Its hard not to get hung up on everything that goes in to your mouth/body wondering if it is whats causing the problem. "Eat this dont eat that" it overwhelms me!