Closed Thread
Page 35 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I just got a message on my blog that you were all talking about jootsy's in here... I'm on a bit of a break girls. Having weight loss surgery in late Nov and can't even think of getting pregnant for at least 12 months after that. Our last cycle was supposed to be it, I've started selling off E's baby stuff and am trying to resign myself to that being it for us but its bloody tough. To add insult to injury E's Donor is now cycling again so we could have cycled with her (when we enquired she'd just had baby and wanted to breastfeed etc) and we were told it wouldn't be until 2016 if at all ...I'm just a bit down about it all. After cycling for 5 years its hard just to switch it off.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

wazbub  (20-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear about your donor Emski, that must be so annoying. And I feel for you selling bubs things. I probably should have when our first bub was older and the cycles weren't working, but I couldn't bear the thought of it. I had lots of friends having babies and couldn't even lend it out... On the upside, our new boy has tonnes of clothes, shoes, equipment etc and we barely bought a thing for him. Poor boy!
    I was wondering if you could please post another link to your weight loss journey? It's something I should really do, and am very interested in following, but I couldn't get the link in your blog post to work.
    I wish you all the best in your forthcoming journey. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Mardi, I still read in here (although I've been trying to stay away a bit the last couple of weeks).
    I'm not completely convinced we are done, but there's nothing I can do about it for a year or so anyway unless we ask E's donor to do a freeze all cycle mid next year (see always plotting!!).

Here's the link - http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...t=#post8308435

I post it on Bubhub too like my DE blog - I figure every ones experiences can always help others. I actually have a good friend in CPT right now after seeing our success with DE - I was thinking today if I hadn't of been so open with what we've done, she may never have known it was an option.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

EmmaJane75  (20-10-2015),mardicharli  (19-10-2015),wazbub  (20-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops I didn't know it was on Bub Hub too, I always followed your blog. It's been awesome following along..
    Thank you for the link. It was suggested I have the op myself a few years ago but I couldn't go through with it. I couldn't stand waiting the year before starting again. Mind you, my first was nearly 4 by then. I think it was then that I decided to try donor eggs and thank goodness it worked!
    Will be following along and wishing you all the best. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski72 Did the DE clinic contact you to let you know she was cycling again or did you pop onto their site & see she was listed on it again? How bl~~dy disappointing. I'm mad for you hun.
    I wanted my ED to do a freeze all for me too but if I get pregnant she will have reached her family limit & can't. You ED isn't anywhere near the end of her family limit is she?
    Good luck with your surgery. Big hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @emski72 Did the DE clinic contact you to let you know she was cycling again or did you pop onto their site & see she was listed on it again? How bl~~dy disappointing. I'm mad for you hun.
    I wanted my ED to do a freeze all for me too but if I get pregnant she will have reached her family limit & can't. You ED isn't anywhere near the end of her family limit is she?
    Good luck with your surgery. Big hugs.
    They contacted me @ Tahli, which is good. As far as I know we have been her only donation so far, so no she won't be near her limit. I think I'll keep a Jan 2017 cycle in the back of my mind. The donor agency is going to touch base with me in 6 months.

Em x

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (20-10-2015),Tahli  (20-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's really great of the agency @emski72. I'm so happy for you that you have it as an option. Does CFC still have some of DPs sperm so you could do an embryo freeze all earlier or would you prefer a fresh transfer once you've recovered from your surgery. Either way I'm thrilled for E. I wish I could do that for my son, a genetic link. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    That's really great of the agency @emski72. I'm so happy for you that you have it as an option. Does CFC still have some of DPs sperm so you could do an embryo freeze all earlier or would you prefer a fresh transfer once you've recovered from your surgery. Either way I'm thrilled for E. I wish I could do that for my son, a genetic link. xx
    I'm not sure it will happen @Tahli the donor may not want to cycle again later next year. We need to save $$$ now and that will take time. CFC have said we can do a freeze all though so that's one obstacle down.
    Em x
    Last edited by emski72; 20-10-2015 at 18:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski72 It sounds like you have a grande plan in place.
    Does any-one know if CFC will use embryo glue if requested?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never heard anything about them using it. Good question.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (21-10-2015)