Closed Thread
Page 30 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi aqua, inhave written and erases 3 messages so far trying to say the right thing. Ivf is pretty emotional! Lots of highs and lows. I think you should always do what you are comfortable with when tryin for a baby. If you think you wouldnt be able to handle ivf and you have low success rate then maybe it is the best option. But you might suprise yourself, when you do ivf you realise how strong you are. But one thing to keep in mind is that nothing is guarenteed. I was so sure that ED would be my answer and i have not had my luck yet so its not always going to be the easier option. I have chosen Cape Fertility Clinic and we chose our donor through gift of life and they were both really great experiences. If you can figure out how to do private message i can write to you more. I can mot for the life of me figure out how to do it?! It would be great if we had a magic ball to tell us the future so we could just jump straight to the part where everything works out! Goodluck and like i said pm me if you want. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #11

Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Thanks julie, how are you going? Hope your pregnancy is gliding along smoothly
    So far so good, hcg was super high this week at 8700 when I was expecting 4000 based on the previous doubling rate. The doubling rate should slow down after week 5 but it has sped up? Ultrasound on Wednesday so we shall see who's doing what in there ! 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow..

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (17-10-2015),ferngirl  (17-10-2015),Jennski  (19-10-2015),mardicharli  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Aqua85 a work colleagues wife had an amh of 3 and they went to a low cost clinic and got pregnant on the third go. Maybe $3000 out of pocket. I think at your age if you can afford it try with your own at least once. Your response will be obvious on the first cycle I believe. At your age your amh only indicates you have a low egg reserve but your quality would more than likely still be good. If you do go to CT, Cape fertility clinic are fantastic and I used ababysa for my donor but I think all donor recruitment companies are all ok. Good luck with your decision...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Julie & ECM
    We are def keen to give IVF a fair trial for at least a few cycles, entering into it with mild optimism.
    Thank you also for the clinic/agency recommendations in SA- in case the ED route is our eventual choice.
    Xx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aqua85 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (17-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats absolutely the best way to enter it! Good luck! Let us know how the first cycle goes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    So far so good, hcg was super high this week at 8700 when I was expecting 4000 based on the previous doubling rate. The doubling rate should slow down after week 5 but it has sped up? Ultrasound on Wednesday so we shall see who's doing what in there ! 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow..

Thats great! Does that mean there could still be a chance of twin pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Thats great! Does that mean there could still be a chance of twin pregnancy?
    Yes, those numbers certainly put me in there with a chance ! Twins scares me though, I'd prefer one now I think 😦

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (17-10-2015),Jennski  (19-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Just trying to book flights from Sydney!! Been on hold with quant as for 32 min now so about to hang up and book online but just wondering about how much time I need to transfer from joburg to ct? We have found return flights and thinking 2 hours? The least I have to hang around the better but have no idea about security, customs or if they put our bags straight throught, etc.
    cheers
    Lauren

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly99 View Post
    Hi ladies. Just trying to book flights from Sydney!! Been on hold with quant as for 32 min now so about to hang up and book online but just wondering about how much time I need to transfer from joburg to ct? We have found return flights and thinking 2 hours? The least I have to hang around the better but have no idea about security, customs or if they put our bags straight throught, etc.
    cheers
    Lauren
    Yes leave two hours. I thought that would be overkill but by the time they bussed us off the Tarmac and I found my way to where I was going, there wasn't that much time left.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (19-10-2015),Lolly99  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lolly we had a 2 hour transfer and it was perfect. Its a large airport bit pretty easy to get around. We usually just followed the masses because most of the ppl on our flight were heading on to CT too.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Lolly99  (17-10-2015)