Closed Thread
Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for explaining the intralipids @Cathy69 and @leyshoja. My bladder isn't what it used to be! So comfy pants and big knickers it is!!
    An important questions girls...directly after EPU did you receive a call from the embryologist to chat through what the next step was re sperm? I guess this is aimed at any-one who maybe used DS & DH sperm?
    I have emailed K four times with no response. I'm guessing she's very very unhappy with me for going over her head to Dr W to access the SD that I really wanted. Thus I have absolutely no idea what's happening in less than 24 hrs at EPU. As in I would like 100% of the eggs fertilized naturally with SD1. But what are the usual fertilization success rates with natural fertilization? And am I being foolish and should I use SD2 to ICSI, say 4 eggs as a back-up? I'd love to ask her these questions?!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli, no I never received a phone call but I didn't have a SD and it was straight forward icsi, we weren't given any options, not that I wanted any. I would be surprised if young DS didn't get the job done without icsi. There is also some speculation that natural is possibly better than icsi as the sperm and eggs don't get potentially damaged by the needle so I would say go for it and don't worry. It will work a treat. I would even guess that naturally fertilised would yield more blasts than icsi so will be very interested if you do both to hear what the result is. That sucks that she is not responding. Inconsiderate beeatch !! As if you don't have enough to worry about !

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ta @leyshoja. Thanks for the encouraging words on natural fertilization. In the absence of hearing from her I've googled my heart out but I'm not finding much. The problem is last time she responded to one of my emails I'd asked if I could do a 50/50 split between SDs...and now I definitely don't want that. And what if she doesn't have enough straws to fertilize the eggs 'if' there's more than 10 eggs. I'm guessing I'm actually going to have to call her tonight. Arggghh!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just tried to call CFC but apparently the clinic is closed...maybe it's just closed for lunch seeings as it's 12.30pm??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Ta @leyshoja. Thanks for the encouraging words on natural fertilization. In the absence of hearing from her I've googled my heart out but I'm not finding much. The problem is last time she responded to one of my emails I'd asked if I could do a 50/50 split between SDs...and now I definitely don't want that. And what if she doesn't have enough straws to fertilize the eggs 'if' there's more than 10 eggs. I'm guessing I'm actually going to have to call her tonight. Arggghh!!
    Closed? Actually the nurse doing thenintralipids told me that on Tuesday and Thursday they do the surgeries elsewhere BUT they do thenintralipids on those days. Somebody MUST be there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, still closed, so it's more than a lunch break as I've been trying for 1.5 hrs. Frustrating!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, I think I'm a couple of weeks behind!! Still haven't read back very far.
    But I did just see the great news that Miss Sagi had her babies!!! So cute! Hope they are both ok. CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!

Leshoja I see u are back in CT! 😄
    Hope all goes well for you this time.

Not yet sure what everyone is up to. I'll try to catch up soon.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (24-09-2015),Miss Sagi  (25-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    F

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tahli - It's a public holiday in SA today

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (25-09-2015),Tahli  (25-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #11

Quote Originally Posted by faith15 View Post
    Tahli - It's a public holiday in SA today
    Really? The shopping centres were open... Maybe businesses close but the shops stay open. Tahli you may have to retract all those nasty thoughts lol.
    Just asked my waiter, yes heritage day here today, businesses close at 12 except malls.
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 25-09-2015 at 03:06.