Closed Thread
Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1061
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Outoftime View Post
    Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. We are looking at doing a shark dive at Gansbaai, visit Inverdoon park in Ceres Kanoo, check out the meerkats in Oudtshoorn, go to Simon Town, Cape of Good Hope, Chapsman Peak, head over to Robben Island and general sightseeing in Cape Town city. We are hoping these trips won't send us into any direction of problems. Of course we have no idea what we can book without knowing exactly what dates we need to be at CFC other than my first lining scan and appointment with the Dr. I read on here that someone just booked everything once they were there so we hope we can do the same without missing out on anything due to lack of availability.

4 weeks today we are flying out and all we have done is book flights and filled prescriptions ready to use.
    @Outoftime I can highly recommend the shark dive from Simons town with 'African shark Eco charters/tours'. But I wouldn't try to book that when you are there. Every day was full during the time we were there so there was no changing. The island is great because only 3 to your operators are allowed on it so no crowds and it's close to CT

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Outoftime  (08-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli we've booked an apartment at the quadrant so we could meet up for a tea/coffee at Nood if you like.
    The Vineyard is a bit pricey for us, though I am also keen to go there for a meal at one of their restaurants so that could also be a possibility.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aspire For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @BB4Me Congrats on your good quality frosties! Em has already answered most of your questions there. Virgin from Melb to Perth. The 5 hour stop over in Perth allows you to leisurely transit between domestic and international terminals and give your little poppet a run/crawl around. You don't have to pay for the movies or food. But you do have to pay for your seat selection from Perth to J'Berg, about $70 return. At the back of the flight there might be 2 seats together then a gap and a single seat...which could be good for 2 adults and a toddler?
    I have some more Q's re the flights. I will be flying to Brisbane then catching the flight to Cape Town from there using SAA so I need to know how much time to allow between arrival and departure in Brisbane.
    Does the plane leave from the domestic or international terminal from Brisbane? Do I go through customs in Brisbane or Perth or both?
    The flight times have only 2hr40min stopover in Perth to change planes (Tahli must be different travelling from Melbourne), will I have to collect my luggage and book it back in when I get to Perth?
    I have been looking at flights this morning trying to work out which ones to pick and it has been so difficult as DH who I asked to mind DD has continuously interrupted me or gone to another room leaving DD behind with me instead of taking her with him. He has gone out now taking DD with him and I finally have some peace and quiet! I feel exhausted. Cyndi sent us a proposed plan last night which has us in Cape Town for a scan on the 22/2 and transfer on 27/2. Will anyone be there at the same time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Outoftime we were in CT feb last year for 2 weeks for our first transfer. We did all those things you listed except the meercats. Imverdoorn was amazing and we stayed in the deluxe room because it was the only one left. It was about $100 more then the standard room but it was amazing and had a pool right outside and a baby rhino paddock 20meters away. We organised all that through our hotel- hotel one8 in green point. We also did the shark dive in Gaanbai through great white projects and booked that once we arrived with no problems at all. We didn't book anything until we got there and had no problems getting into any tours etc. The only one we had to change days was Robben island because it gets very busy so you need to buy your tickets a day or two in advance.
    Last edited by ECM1981; 09-01-2016 at 13:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BB4Me View Post
    I have some more Q's re the flights. I will be flying to Brisbane then catching the flight to Cape Town from there using SAA so I need to know how much time to allow between arrival and departure in Brisbane.
    Does the plane leave from the domestic or international terminal from Brisbane? Do I go through customs in Brisbane or Perth or both?
    The flight times have only 2hr40min stopover in Perth to change planes (Tahli must be different travelling from Melbourne), will I have to collect my luggage and book it back in when I get to Perth?
    I have been looking at flights this morning trying to work out which ones to pick and it has been so difficult as DH who I asked to mind DD has continuously interrupted me or gone to another room leaving DD behind with me instead of taking her with him. He has gone out now taking DD with him and I finally have some peace and quiet! I feel exhausted. Cyndi sent us a proposed plan last night which has us in Cape Town for a scan on the 22/2 and transfer on 27/2. Will anyone be there at the same time?
    @BB4Me you should stay in the domestic terminal in Brisbane and I think they will move your bags between planes for you but you better check when you check in. You shouldn't need more that 2 hours in Brisbane.
    In Perth you probably have to collect your bags so you can put them through the international screening checks, get out your liquids etc and you will need to transfer from domestic to international terminals. Make sure you check all this when checking in as I'd hate to give you a bum steer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    @BB4Me you should stay in the domestic terminal in Brisbane and I think they will move your bags between planes for you but you better check when you check in. You shouldn't need more that 2 hours in Brisbane.
    In Perth you probably have to collect your bags so you can put them through the international screening checks, get out your liquids etc and you will need to transfer from domestic to international terminals. Make sure you check all this when checking in as I'd hate to give you a bum steer.
    @BB4Me you currently have to catch a terminal bus between Perth domestic and international terminals. I think that will change in the future, though not sure when - maybe ask the question. Our plane was late taking off in J'berg (storms) which meant we were late arriving so by the time we got out and caught the bus around to the domestic terminal we had missed our connection. From memory, the buses only leave very 20mins, which is an eternity when you are in a hurry.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    @Outoftime we were in CT feb last year for 2 weeks for our first transfer. We did all those things you listed except the meercats. Imverdoorn was amazing and we stayed in the deluxe room because it was the only one left. It was about $100 more then the standard room but it was amazing and had a pool right outside and a baby rhino paddock 20meters away. We organised all that through our hotel- hotel one8 in green point. We also did the shark dive in Gaanbai through great white projects and booked that once we arrived with no problems at all. We didn't book anything until we got there and had no problems getting into any tours etc. The only one we had to change days was Robben island because it gets very busy so you need to buy your tickets a day or two in advance.
    Thanks @EmC1981. Even though we have travelled a lot this trip seems to have us both going in circles. Guess it's because we can't book anything. For some reason it is calming to hear someone else has done what we hope to do. We wanted to stay in an air BnB for cheaper accom but we figure we need to do the shark dive and safari trip before the transfer which means we are probably best to book a hotel for the first couple of nights while we are getting the appointments locked in then take off out of CT for a couple of days. We read that feb was supposed to be quieter but the hotels are all still fully booked. So much for getting something cheaper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Outoftime View Post
    Thanks @EmC1981. Even though we have travelled a lot this trip seems to have us both going in circles. Guess it's because we can't book anything. For some reason it is calming to hear someone else has done what we hope to do. We wanted to stay in an air BnB for cheaper accom but we figure we need to do the shark dive and safari trip before the transfer which means we are probably best to book a hotel for the first couple of nights while we are getting the appointments locked in then take off out of CT for a couple of days. We read that feb was supposed to be quieter but the hotels are all still fully booked. So much for getting something cheaper.

We werent sure what to expect either when we got there and worried aboit timing everything in with the transfer. We did the shark dive the day after our egg collection and then went to inverdoorn after that and stayed there for one night. We had a day 5 transfer but whilst in inverdoorn we asked Cape Fertility to ring them if we needed to get back for a day 3. Everyone was very friendly and accomodating and in our experiences the hotels we stayed at were extremelt helpful in making calls and arranging tours etc. The other 2 times we werenthere we stayed at the Commodore in the v and a. Feb was pretty busy, july was quieter and nov was busy again it will all work out for you, they have a fantastic tourism industry so they really go out of their way to help you.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (12-01-2016),Outoftime  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies just jumping over from the Czech board, have just come across this in another thread and thought it very interesting for those who are having repeated bfn's, something to chew over http://www.fertilethoughts.com/forum...ndow-test.html

14. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SA a Success

Just a quick message to hopefully, spur everyone on. I gave birth yesterday to my CFC G/B twins at 35w. Dr P LeR is a star in my book and I would encourage everyone to keep going with the process. Good luck everyone.

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Aspire  (10-01-2016),cjocoh71  (09-01-2016),ECM1981  (10-01-2016),ferngirl  (10-01-2016),Hopeful1975  (10-01-2016),Jennski  (12-01-2016),KLM0511  (14-02-2016),MamaKes  (09-01-2016),midnite01  (09-01-2016),Outoftime  (10-01-2016),SalSA2015  (09-01-2016),Sunnygirl04  (10-01-2016),Tahli  (09-01-2016),TannyMac  (15-01-2016)