+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I either have a coffee,make a pot of tea to sit &drink (you can get healthier teas),or have a large glass of soda water maybe with a slice of lemon. Or if I do snack,I will cut up a large bowl of strawberries, or veggie sticks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I gave up smoking 14 months ago and have lost 13kg. I replaced the fags ang snacking with cleaning and drinking water. I also got to the bottom of my smoking and emotional eating which I found crucial.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

meredithgreyxxx  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Coffee during the day
    Wine at night ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    Coffee during the day
    Wine at night ;-)
    haha this is me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I gave up smoking 14 months ago and have lost 13kg. I replaced the fags ang snacking with cleaning and drinking water. I also got to the bottom of my smoking and emotional eating which I found crucial.
    Can I ask how you got to the bottom of your emotional eating? I have a big problem with it and would love to be rid of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I think it's about recognising WHY you do it, what are your triggers? Do you do it when stressed? depressed? bored? Once you know the why then you can formulate the how.

I was small until 4 years ago when we started having issues with infertility and loss. I ate to fill the void. I felt depressed and anxious, and angry. When I finally fell pg, I was already overweight, and once I had my baby I have just moved into obese BMI Ironically I also gained from not smoking during the pg lol I emotionally ate after the birth bc my self esteem was at an all time low. What was the point?

I got on AD's. I got back to the gym, I ate healthy. I worked on my self esteem being wrapped up in my weight. I replaced water with food bc I wasn't really hungry.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

meredithgreyxxx  (24-09-2015),Redcorset  (25-09-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    I drink water when I feel hungry instead of snacking. Majority of the time that "snack hunger" that you feel is actually thirst.
    That seems to have no effect on me, except making me want to run to the bathroom all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I find the whole ritual of making tea relaxing, so if I am feeling more stressed or anxious than normal, I'll go for a loose leaf tea in a pot.
    Ooh I hadn't considered actually making tea properly in a pot, you're right that the satisfaction comes from the ritual as much as the actual tea/coffee/ciggarette/food/drug of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    I should stop but I don't know how to and honestly I don't know if I want to :/
    Yeah I feel a similar way. With all the other fun things I've had to give up since having a child, eating tasty food is one of the few pleasures I have left in life.

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    That's awesome!

oh and I'm already addicted to facebook/bub hub/reddit, I really should be trying to cut back on those too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've have been smoke free since March and everyday is still a struggle. I took up crocheting to help me quit. I love having a new hobby and I'm mostly self taught. When I'm really craving a smoke I jump on pinterest and find something new to learn to crochet. It helped having something to do with my hands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I still crave them, especially when I'm stressed. Like today lol