+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My son DS was diagnosed with CMPI and failure to thrive at 8 weeks. Took him over 3 months to put on a kilo in the beginning.

He had a very distended stomach, pale, unwell looking skin and green/black, sludgy, mucous poo at every nappy change.

He was a prem so we took him to get so medication from the children's hospital for a UTI and as soon as the emergency room dr saw him, she put him in hospital straight. He had been tested numerous times whilst in the NICU and nothing was found. Many poos tested, ultrasounds on his stomach, blood tests etc. The paed and gastroenterologist who we were now under put him on Pepti Jnr and got him to stop bf him. His stomach went down within 3 days and we weren't having multiple nappies changes anymore.

He is still below the charts now but looks healthy and is happy.

We have just weaned him from Pepti Jnr (not our choice, no chemist had stock in NSW) and paed said to try Allerpro which he coped with well but again had to wean him due to no stock. We have been waiting 8 weeks now for a order of Pepti Jnr/Allerpro but the chemist has told us it will be in a few days but the chemist have never received the order (like Cue said). He is corrected age of 1 now, so he is been eased on to cows milk very slowly with the advice of the paed.

We still see a paed and gastroenterologist every 3 months. He still is not on the growth charts but all Drs are happy with the way he is growing.

If it is taking so long to get into the Paed, I would ring back and explain your situation. See if they have a cancellation appt or change paed.

Good luck. I hope you find answers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I found some Allerpro yesterday and so far he is tolerating it through a feeder line. He is going through his 4 month leap at the moment so I'm not sure what is causing the crying sometimes. But he seems generally happy and content just not putting on weight. We haven't had a poo in 2 days now which I am hoping is a good thing. We did see a Paed for his 6 wk checkup and I tried to go back there but he is too old they only deal with under 3 months! So I am waiting for my dr to recommend someone. My DD went through something similar although she didn't appear to have any intolerances, just slow weight gain till we supplemented with formula. Tbh I was shocked he hadn't gained any weight at his last weigh in as he just seems normal. Growing in length, happy most of the time, sleeping a lot better ect. It's just the poos and weight gain that are the concern. I'll chase my dr today though but so far so good with Allerpro. So I'm hoping it's a mild case of it is cmpi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIRoo View Post
    Thanks everyone. I found some Allerpro yesterday and so far he is tolerating it through a feeder line. He is going through his 4 month leap at the moment so I'm not sure what is causing the crying sometimes. But he seems generally happy and content just not putting on weight. We haven't had a poo in 2 days now which I am hoping is a good thing. We did see a Paed for his 6 wk checkup and I tried to go back there but he is too old they only deal with under 3 months! So I am waiting for my dr to recommend someone. My DD went through something similar although she didn't appear to have any intolerances, just slow weight gain till we supplemented with formula. Tbh I was shocked he hadn't gained any weight at his last weigh in as he just seems normal. Growing in length, happy most of the time, sleeping a lot better ect. It's just the poos and weight gain that are the concern. I'll chase my dr today though but so far so good with Allerpro. So I'm hoping it's a mild case of it is cmpi.
    If you're in Sydney I can recommend someone for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by New Hope View Post
    My son DS was diagnosed with CMPI and failure to thrive at 8 weeks. Took him over 3 months to put on a kilo in the beginning.

He had a very distended stomach, pale, unwell looking skin and green/black, sludgy, mucous poo at every nappy change.

He was a prem so we took him to get so medication from the children's hospital for a UTI and as soon as the emergency room dr saw him, she put him in hospital straight. He had been tested numerous times whilst in the NICU and nothing was found. Many poos tested, ultrasounds on his stomach, blood tests etc. The paed and gastroenterologist who we were now under put him on Pepti Jnr and got him to stop bf him. His stomach went down within 3 days and we weren't having multiple nappies changes anymore.

He is still below the charts now but looks healthy and is happy.

We have just weaned him from Pepti Jnr (not our choice, no chemist had stock in NSW) and paed said to try Allerpro which he coped with well but again had to wean him due to no stock. We have been waiting 8 weeks now for a order of Pepti Jnr/Allerpro but the chemist has told us it will be in a few days but the chemist have never received the order (like Cue said). He is corrected age of 1 now, so he is been eased on to cows milk very slowly with the advice of the paed.

We still see a paed and gastroenterologist every 3 months. He still is not on the growth charts but all Drs are happy with the way he is growing.

If it is taking so long to get into the Paed, I would ring back and explain your situation. See if they have a cancellation appt or change paed.

Good luck. I hope you find answers.
    Try the online pharmacies. These have been our best bet for AllerPro. Our local pharmacist has been trying to get it in for us for months with no luck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

New Hope  (25-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Failure to Thrive & CMPI

Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Try the online pharmacies. These have been our best bet for AllerPro. Our local pharmacist has been trying to get it in for us for months with no luck.
    Thanks. Tried a few online but no luck unfortunately. Hopefully, he will be okay on cows milk. He is nearly 14 months now, paed believes we should try to see how he goes.
    Last edited by New Hope; 25-09-2015 at 13:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by New Hope View Post
    Thanks. Tried a few online but no luck unfortunately. Hopefully, he will be okay on cows milk.
    I'm pretty sure i saw some Allerpro in a chemist today in Brisbane if that helps? Let me know if u want me to PM you where.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

New Hope  (25-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I've been dairy Soy free for a week now and been supplementing with Allerpro. He's been having about 180mls a day over 3 feeds.

I think things have improved massively he is having less poos and they are less mucussy. He is generally happier and we had a 6hr block of sleep last night! He's never slept more than 4 before!

We are off to the Drs this morning to get him weighed. So fingers crossed he has put some weight on.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MINIRoo For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (29-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I've been dairy Soy free for a week now and been supplementing with Allerpro. He's been having about 180mls a day over 3 feeds.

I think things have improved massively he is having less poos and they are less mucussy. He is generally happier and we had a 6hr block of sleep last night! He's never slept more than 4 before!

We are off to the Drs this morning to get him weighed. So fingers crossed he has put some weight on.
    That's great news. It can take a few weeks for things to settle down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! 210g in a week! Awesome! That's 1/5 of the total weight he's put on in 4 months!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MINIRoo For This Useful Post:

Cue  (29-09-2015),JustJaq  (29-09-2015),New Hope  (29-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! 210g in a week! Awesome! That's 1/5 of the total weight he's put on in 4 months!
    Wow. Looks like things are improving. My dd did quite well on allerpro.